Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excessive Coldness

Since my lapband and 55 lb weight loss I have been excessively cold, especially my feet. I use to be always hot when everyone else was normal. Does anyone else have this? Thanks, Jeanie

I have turned into a little old lady- always turning up the heat, huddled in sweaters and have added blankets to my bed (I used to just sleep just covered by a sheet, with the duvet folded at my feet) :wub:

You're not alone.

I have this problem now too, and I know others have (there was a thread about this before).

Less insulation!

You might want to have your Iron checked. I lost pretty quickly and found my iron was low, I was cold all the time. I've since started to take an iron supplement and upped my Protein. Good luck to you!

Sam

you may also want to get yout thyroid checked. I had the same problem and my Doctor of Naturopathy recommended an herbal thyroid stabilizer. (of course there were other symptoms as well)

I, too, am always cold ESPECIALLY my FEET. My feet get SO COLD that they burn almost like I have icy hot on them and the toes turn blue. My docs are kinda concerned and are running some tests, but so far it has all come back okay or inconclusive. Anyone else experience this?

Hi:

I've been wearing longjohns under my pants every day since November. I find that I'm freezing if I don't have them on, especially when I'm walking outside in New England. However, they keep me warm sitting at my desk too. I think it's great that I hardly sweat anymore!

Sue

My Dr told me that it is because we are not taking in as many calories so our body is not working as much to break down everything. It totally makes since to me because I know when I have a fill and do not eat a lot I get VERY cold for a couple days. So I guess the less calories the colder we get. I know it is not the insulation thing because I am still a chubby chick and my husband is thin. He is always saying I need to turn the air down because he is hot. I would much rather always being cold then ho though. Our electric bill is much smaller now to!

It's not an issue with just lapband...or weightloss.

I was cold as a child, as a teen, and as a young adult. Until I gained weight.

Now I'm back down to my 19 year old weight...I'm cold again!

I get so cold I feel like an iceberg. Get your blood work checked out. For myself, I had a double whammy- low Iron and under/not working thryoid. Now I take iron supplements (more then most) and thryoid medication- it has helped.