Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

CONGRATS Bandofhope!!! Keep up the good spirits!!!

I called Dr. Miles office yesterday and spoke to Ashley, I just love her. I asked what the norm is for pregnancy and she said to do a complete unfill... not what I wanted to hear! I called her back today and scheduled to go Friday afternoon on our way to Mississippi for the unfill. Dr. Schmitt is the only one who will be there to do it. DO TELL....... Anyone had him for fills or unfills? Is he as good as Lisa? I've heard some stories about Dr. Miles haha.

Hey Saved I had him for an unfill and he was pretty good. I didn't have any problems with him. Oh and by the way Congrats.:smile2:

welcome to the family bandofhope!

Hi yall,

Things here are hectic, we have 2 wild boys playing ball, work is insanely busy.. and I dunno if the 4th fill was "the one" or not. I do however know I need to drink more water... so I gotta find one of those insulated jugs for my desk b/c I need Water SUPER cold. Also went to Walmart and finally found the 26g Protein Shots, however the flipping box was EMPTY, just my luck!

Anyway hope yall are doing good? Well I am tired and bout to hit the hay. This RAIN makes me so flipping tired... and I am TIRED of RAIN~!

Hi yall,

Things here are hectic, we have 2 wild boys playing ball, work is insanely busy.. and I dunno if the 4th fill was "the one" or not. I do however know I need to drink more water... so I gotta find one of those insulated jugs for my desk b/c I need Water SUPER cold. Also went to Walmart and finally found the 26g Protein Shots, however the flipping box was EMPTY, just my luck!

Anyway hope yall are doing good? Well I am tired and bout to hit the hay. This RAIN makes me so flipping tired... and I am TIRED of RAIN~!

Question? What are the 26G Protein shots? Any details would be great including price.

I found the PERFECT shake at costco -made by Premier Nutrition - white container, only found it in chocolate. 30grams of Protein, 160 cals for the whole shake and filling - taste is not AWESOME but good -especially cold. LOW fat (3g total), low sodium (330mg), only 5 carbs. TONS of Vitamins and minerals. Price is about $28-$30 for 18 shakes - pretty good price. I found them at the Costco in Hoover by the Galleria. Wish I had them when I had my surgery a year ago!!

The 26g Protein Shots are in like a test tube looking thing...they have them at Walmart and GNC Its basically like 2 shots of Protein so youre not having to drink a whole nasty shake and for me these are actually tolerable. At walmart I have seen them in the pharmacy section and in the work out equipment section. Hope this helps.

yes the Protein Shots are nice. i been taking them for a liitle time now. the easiest way to get in your Protein.< /p>

i take one a day. but you better get there when they put them out, because they sale fast. im the one that usually buys them up in attalla Walmart. lol

on a side note i have gave this site/fourm out to about 20 people in the last month and non of them i have seen join up. i cant stress myself enought about the support it takes to get the weight lost we need. im just upset i guess at somepeople for wanting help but doesnt follow up with it.

i did have robin the guy from the support group call and ask me a question abot a pain he was having. that made me feel good. i guess because someone needed me instead of me always looking for the help. i have been really thinking about looking into some type of job our volunter help i could do in this line of work. i know theres alot of people that needs it and just dont know our want to ask for it. hell i was that person about 1 and half years ago.

well time for a shower i just got done working in the yard. and afer working 10 hours lasty night fixing a well motor and replacing over 300 feet of well pipe im ready for some rest.

how did it go last night kaninag? sorry i couldnt make it. but thats my luck!!!!!

This is totally off the weight-loss / lapband forum norm but I am getting really desperate.

I wanted to reach out to the Birmingham area folks to see if anyone knows of any job openings. My background is in Human Resources but I can also do office management and administrative assistant/executive assistant work. I got laid off from my job in JUNE - got another job fairly quickly in JULY - then got laid off from the new job in November. I cannot find a job that pays NEARLY what I need in order to make my bills - it's really ridiculous.

I know that networking is one of the best ways to find a job. If anyone knows of anything out there - please let me know. I really appreciate any help or leads I can get!! Thanks so much and have a HAPPY Easter!!

yes the Protein Shots are nice. i been taking them for a liitle time now. the easiest way to get in your Protein.< p>i take one a day. but you better get there when they put them out, because they sale fast. im the one that usually buys them up in attalla Walmart. lol

on a side note i have gave this site/fourm out to about 20 people in the last month and non of them i have seen join up. i cant stress myself enought about the support it takes to get the weight lost we need. im just upset i guess at somepeople for wanting help but doesnt follow up with it.

i did have robin the guy from the support group call and ask me a question abot a pain he was having. that made me feel good. i guess because someone needed me instead of me always looking for the help. i have been really thinking about looking into some type of job our volunter help i could do in this line of work. i know theres alot of people that needs it and just dont know our want to ask for it. hell i was that person about 1 and half years ago.

well time for a shower i just got done working in the yard. and afer working 10 hours lasty night fixing a well motor and replacing over 300 feet of well pipe im ready for some rest.

how did it go last night kaninag? sorry i couldnt make it. but thats my luck!!!!!

It was ok, it was cold....you planning on lrc run on sat?

sorry janet i dont know of any.

kaninag, i would like to go but i would have to drive the truck. dont know if i could keep up. lol

what time are ya'll going? details?

Hello everybody! I have been out of the loop, I've been so busy at work, but I do keep up. I think I finally have THE fill. I got it six weeks ago and I can really feel it. I think it was my 4th or 5th. Anyway, have been really down on myself because I hadn't been losing, but maintaining. That period of Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, my birthday (which conincides with Girl Scout Cookie delivery week) has always been the time period when I have given up and gone back to poor eating habits. Then I realized, I didn't do that this time. Sure I didn't really lose much, but I didn't gain either and then last week I hit "ONE"derland!!!! That has really spurred me on and I feel much better. You guys are all doing so great, you really inspire me and I'm sure a lot of people who don't even write (don't be afraid people, you can help someone whether you know it or not).

I love the Protein Shots, too! But evidently, Jason is buying them everywhere! I had bought up all the ones in Sylacauga's Wal-Mart and now they don't even sell them anymore. Chelsea's Wal-Mart had them when I had plenty, now they don't have them. I'm going to have to find them online, I guess. The only ones I find at GNC are 42 gms of Protein, which is great, but they have twice as many calories. Guess I could just do a half at a time??

I wish I could be at this month's meeting, but I'll be in Las Vegas!

Thanks to all of you, love you guys!!!!

Way to go Di!! You are rockin!!

Isn't it weird looking back and comparing now to then??? I love it that I am no longer a slave to food. I still struggle with the "emotional" parts to eating, but I usually work it out and get through it.

I cannot find the Protein Shots any more either. Seems like the Demand would be enough to keep them on the shelf. Who knows...

Have fun in Vegas Di!! We are hoping to go in August. The rates are too good to pass up now! Let me know how it goes!

Hope everyone is well!!

=)

Shawna

I've been shopping online for the Protein Shots, and I don't see them anywhere. However, over to the right (an ad onthis page), there are some on fitnessfirstusa.com and they have some with 42 gms of Protein and they have 176 calories. Not as bad as the ones at GNC (who have this kind also) that are over 200 calories. They have a smaller size too, which has 25 gms of protein, I think. That website has them cheaper than anywhere, too, although I've never heard of them. I'll go ahead and order some and let you guys know.................

I've been shopping online for the Protein Shots, and I don't see them anywhere. However, over to the right (an ad onthis page), there are some on fitnessfirstusa.com and they have some with 42 gms of Protein and they have 176 calories. Not as bad as the ones at GNC (who have this kind also) that are over 200 calories. They have a smaller size too, which has 25 gms of protein, I think. That website has them cheaper than anywhere, too, although I've never heard of them. I'll go ahead and order some and let you guys know.................

Hey the nectar chocolate shake on fitnessfirstusa.com is very good also.( to me). I purchase those at St Vincient's East at the Pharmacy. Just thought someone might like to know. Have a Great Day Tammy