Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

How long does the Nutrition Class last? I am scheduled to go Wednesday morning at 8AM, and wondering what time I need to tell my boss I'll be in.

Also, anyone else go to this class before insurance approval? They told me to go ahead and go, but if insurance denies me, how much will this cost me? They said $60 co-pay, but has anybody self paid the Nut class?

Thanks!

The class is about three hours. Everyone pays $60.00 for the nutrition class. I went to the class April 1. I was there most of the day. I had my pre-op testing and saw Dr. Miles. I had my surgery April 8. I have lost 22lbs. Good Luck on your approval.

I am also going wed. am, i have already paid the 60.00, over the phone to save time and have preregistered. They told me to be there by 7:30am at the latest and it would last about 3 hours. I haven't submitted everything to bc/bs yet, i still need my last weigh in May 5th. Hope this helps

Oooh how exciting. All this talk about nutrition class and pre-op testing. I remember how excited and scared I was!

Glad to see everone on here. I have been soooo busy lately with baseball and activities I haven't had much time to post.

This last weekend we went to Talladega and it was so nice not to be so miserable and hot. I don't even think I broke a sweat. I might have "glistened" a little when my husband made us walk 2 miles out of the way to get back to our car...LOL.

This Sunday is our high school alumni picnic. I am so excited to be able to feel confident enough to go. I was always so thin in school. Then BOOM - I exploded. I actually missed my 10 year reunion because I was too embarrassed to go and let everyone see me. Not any more. I am still about 40lbs more than my highschool weight, but I am not letting that stop me from seeing my old friends.

Hope everyone is well!! Good luck at class tomorrow!

Shawna

I also did not go to my 10 yr reunion. I hate that I didn't like myself enough to go. I believe I am getting better now.

It was nice seeing you in the Nutrition Class readyforchange09! Hopefully they can submit your stuff to BCBS soon after your last weigh-in, and maybe we will have a close surgery date. That is, if mine ever gets approved. LOL!

My 10 year reunion (if we even have one) should be next year. Maybe if I get approved (crossing fingers), I will have lost a lot of weight by then and will be feeling good.

Hey, it was great meeting you today too. Also, Angela had called when I got home and set up my surgery for May 13th YEAH!!!!!! I hope everything (ins.) goes through, she said we could get an approval the same day on the 5th. Good luck with your also! God Bless

WOW! I can't believe they scheduled you a surgery date before the insurance was even submitted! Lucky you!

Did you take your nutrition class certificate up to their office before you left?

What insurance person are you working with, Naoemi or Peggy?

Are you using Dr. Schmitt or Dr.Miles?

Hey, I am using Dr. Miles, Angela is handling everything, that's who I sent all the copies to, and I didn't take the nutrition cert to her yet. She told me to make sure to bring it Friday 9th at my pre-op appt.

Fordgal, what all do they do for pre-op testing? I sent my labs to them, and sent an ekg. What else do I have to do? thanks for the info

You will go to outpatient and there they will take some blood and an ekg. They will tell you what time to be there and what to expect. Pretty easy. Then you go see Dr. Miles and they will go over everything again and will answer any questions that you might have. Pretty easy. Good Luck!! =)

Thanks so much, you all have been so inspiring!

It's been a while since I've posted! I went to the last meeting and came in a bit late. I can't wait to actually get to meet everyone. I've lost 18 pounds since surgery on March 12th, and I have lost 33 pounds total. I got my first fill this past Monday. I was really shocked when they put in 4ccs! Everyone keeps talking about small amounts, such as 1 or 1.5 ccs for their first fill. I still haven't met with the dietitian for my 6 week check-up, but I am hoping to do that sometime after school gets out. Is it worth going to see her?

I hope to see you all again at the next meeting!

Krista

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a patient of dr. miles, and go for my last weigh on May 5th, then we submit everything to BC/BS. I have really learned a lot reading what everyone has said. thanks so much for all the info, God bless!

welcome to the group here!

sorry everyone i havent been on in sometime. i know thats not like me but i have been so busy with work and work and kids.

i changed my ticker to show my weight i lost the few weeks before surgery also. so im almost at 100 pounds and feeling good. but im going in tuesday to get a small fill. like a .5cc. i just fell like i need it. hoping thats not to much for now.

so hows everyone been doing? i seen kaninag this weekend and she seems to be doing ok. im just going to have to kick her in gear and see if i can help her get back to lossing.

also im going to tell everyone about the meet this summer at the next support meeting. then we can set a date and see about the details then.

have a great night everyone!:unsure: