Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spread Sheet for Tracking April Avengers 08

I am happy to report that as of September 22nd (my 5 month bandiversary) I weighed in at 202 lbs. for a loss of 76 lbs. I have now lost more than half of the weight I need to reach my goal weight!:lol:

OMG!!!! You guys are doing great!

ASINGINGDIVA and NEXT12BEBANDED- How in the world have you lost so much?????? I am so impressed and jealous! LOL

~Carol

Great Job to all.....I know if you are like me, you have more energy, self-esteem, and just feel better overall. Everyone is up to date as of today!

Gina

Gosh, reading these posts makes me quite depressed. I've been banded since 7 april 08, and lost only 5o pounds. I have been warned that my insulin issues make the process slower for me, but I when I read how much you all have lost in same time period its hard not to feel dejected. But hey, congrats to you all on such a good results.

Gosh, reading these posts makes me quite depressed. I've been banded since 7 april 08, and lost only 5o pounds. I have been warned that my insulin issues make the process slower for me, but I when I read how much you all have lost in same time period its hard not to feel dejected. But hey, congrats to you all on such a good results.

No reason to be depressed at all (IMHO)... 50 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. It boils down to about 2 pounds per week. That is a very very good rate to be losing. My prescription is... chin up, big smile and keep right on fighting the good fight!!!! You are doing great! And... remember... per your ticker... You are HALF WAY THERE!!!!

Go try to pick up 5 bowling balls or hold a 50 lb sack of flour. You will feel victorious.

I am over joyed with my loss and its 52lbs.

Hi Fellow Avengers!!! Hard to believe its been 6 months. Lap Band has been very good to me. Im finally tweaked to a good fill number so no more getting stuff 'stuck' and the nasty results.

My numbers for 6months... 287/-93

WOW Don!

You are amazing! What an inspiration. 93 pounds in 6 months is FANTASTIC!!!!!

~Carol

WOW Don!

You are amazing! What an inspiration. 93 pounds in 6 months is FANTASTIC!!!!!

~Carol

Thanks Carol! T minus 37 and counting! Its been quite a journey. :)

I'm totally jealous! How are you doing it? What do you eat? Do you exercise? Do you mind sharing with me? You can PM me if you want.

~C

I'm totally jealous! How are you doing it? What do you eat? Do you exercise? Do you mind sharing with me? You can PM me if you want.

~C

I exercise quite a bit.. 5 times a week. I split those 5 days up between working out at the gym and walking the dog (2.2 miles) and mowing the lawn and working in the yard. Typically its 3 days in the gym and 2 days walking. At the gym, my workout is 3 phases.. 30 minutes on the bike keeping heartrate between the fatburn and cardio levels (120's for me at 52yrs). Phase 2 is the weight machine circuit (8-9 machines) and phase 3 back on the bike for another 20-30 mins. Then I pour myself in to the car and go home. The remaining 2 days i take it easy and let the body heal.

As to eating, my typical day starts with a big bowl of All Bran strawberry Medley with 2% milk. lunch at work is a tuna Salid bowl (Star Kist Sweet Corn and Mayo) and a sugar free Gel and pineapple fruit cup. dinner varies... 2night I had a bowl of Vegatable Beef Soup with crackers and a couple Better Cheddar 'hot dogs' with mustard (no bun). One day of the week I go out at lunch with work folks. This week I had an 8oz sirloin and a baked potato all the way at Longhorn. Sometimes Cajan chicken Pasta at Chilis. Chili Cheeseburger at Carolina Ale House. Before bed, I usually have a smaller bowl of All Bran Strawberrry Medley... Love that stuff and it keeps everything moving :)

Thats basically it. I drink a fair amount of Water but avoid liquids around mealtime. I also drink Tropicana Orange Ade or Fruit2O. No Caffeine. Very little sugar. A handful of trail mix (mmm has M&Ms in it) every once in a while.

I went thru a lean loss period for a while and found that i was going too hard. I was running the heart rate up too high and running myself into the ground. As soon as I backed off the weight started falling off again.

Don,

Yes, that is WONDERFUL! You have this band thing down to a science. I have trouble eating many foods a lot of the time. It seems finding that right fill to hit your sweet spot is very hard. I am trying to decide if I need a bit of an unfill. I have 2.0 cc in a 4 cc band. I did better at the 1.6 level I think. I walk 4 miles 3 x week. Now that the weather (kansas) will be getting cooler, I will join a gym so I can circuit train. I see you do that so maybe I will see the pounds start to fall off as well!!! Keep up the wonderful job.

Gina ;0)