Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't wait for my new life to begin....

Well i just got the call today....i got called up and im so excited....April 1st will be the day my life begins as a new man....i have been over weight for as long as i can remember....i was always the biggest and tallest kid in class from 4th all the way up to 8th grade....for 24 years this battle of fighting my weight will be over cause i will be gettin the tool to help....ever since i have joined this website i have always came and checked the mens forum to get help....motivation....even to see how you guys did with your success....and now i think im ready for my battle and imma win this war!!!! so im tellin everyone....get a good last look at the old me....cause you will never see me like this again!!!! :):):sad:

Congratulations on your date, i'm very happy for you! I got my approval last week, and am also having my surgery in april, but not til the 28th. I'm starting at 360 lbs. not too far off your mark. Best of luck, i hope your journey is successful, and your new life full of excitement!

I got the same call last week and my rebirth is also April 1st and man I understand how you are feeling right now. I've been over weight all of my married life which is 14 years and I want my life back and I also look forward to being active again.:lol::thumbup::Dancing_biggrin::thumbup::Dancing_biggrin::thumbup::Dancing_biggrin:

Edited by kevindsr

Guys - congrats to all of you getting banded in the near future ! The band is an amazing tool that I have found to be very effective. Just remember, it is a tool - not a miracle pill, and you will be amazed !!

The band, like this forum are tools to help us get to where we need/want to be. I visit this site almost every day seeking the inspiration that I need from all of you that have gone before me. Thank you to each and every one that has or will! My heartfelt congratulations.

Good luck on attaining your new life and health goals! I want to share that I was banded on November 2 of last year and as of today have lost 60 lb. It really does work. The problems have been minimal for me. I have to watch what I eat, eat slowly, etc. I still can't expect to eat sweets and regular ice cream if I want to lose weight, and I view the band as only a HELP, not a magical cure. I hope you will be able to see it in that light as well, knowing you would be able to sabotage your weight loss by eating the wrong things, things that can go through a band. Best wishes.

Steve :cheers2:

Well i just got the call today....i got called up and im so excited....April 1st will be the day my life begins as a new man....i have been over weight for as long as i can remember....i was always the biggest and tallest kid in class from 4th all the way up to 8th grade....for 24 years this battle of fighting my weight will be over cause i will be gettin the tool to help....ever since i have joined this website i have always came and checked the mens forum to get help....motivation....even to see how you guys did with your success....and now i think im ready for my battle and imma win this war!!!! so im tellin everyone....get a good last look at the old me....cause you will never see me like this again!!!! :thumbdown::):)

Had my band put on two days ago, still in quite a bit of pain and had a little complication during surgery but everything else went very well.

My Dr. wants me to wait 6 full weeks till my first fill on May 2nd. I feel a little disappointed about that, but I have lost 15 pounds in the two week pre-op diet. I'm sure she has her reasons to make me wait so long.

It's funny after my banding the Dr. told me that their is very little restriction but I'm eating the same full liquid diet and I feel much fuller eating the same stuff as before the banded. So there must be more of a restriction on that part of the stomach.

Its great to read everyone's excitement at the Lap Band journey process. I can honestly say I haven't been this excited since the birth of my kids. I found myself staying excited from the seminar thru to my first fill today.

I have told anyone who will listen about how great the Lap Band has been for me. I know the Lap Band can only do so much and the rest is up to me. One of my co-workers has been very interested in my progress because she wants to get a Lap Band. I think she is as excited as I am every time I have an appointment with my Surgeon. I've convinced her to attend her first seminar next Monday.