Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food log challenge, anyone?

Hi all....

I've had excellent restriction since my early March appt. And, since we are going on our cruise in May, the dr did not want to do a fill until we get back. At the moment, I am munching on a Panera small ceasar salad.....probably ate 3 forkfuls so far and I am full! I may let it sit there for a few minutes. I've become so wasteful lately. It is terribly embarrassing. Last night when I mentioned that to my DD, she said "better wasteful than waistful....get it?" Yes, I know...bright girl!!! LOL!!!

Anyway....even with good restriction, my weightloss is slow. I've picked up the walking and moved it to the morning....doing it 5:30-6:30 am. Still doing the curcuit training at the gym 2 nights a week and trading off and on with the bike & walking machine one night a week. So, hope that helps.

Can anyone help me with what I could possibly do with my food intake to move things along quicker.....here's my food diary from Wed & Thurs:

Wednesday April 9, 2008

(drink Special K Protein powder--5 grams--added to my Water all day)

7 am--Chai Latte--Fat Free

9:30 am--1 slice Activa cheese

12:30 pm--1 rice cake, 2 spoonfuls lemon pepper tuna, 1 slice FF cheddar cheese

1 small container Y+ yogurt

3:30 pm--3 orange sections, handful almonds

5:30--Chai latte--Fat Free

7:30--Pot Roast Nacho (small amount of pulverized potroast, cheddar cheese & pinapple salsa on 4 multi-grain tortilla chips--under broiler)

9:00--Child's size portion of DQ vanilla soft serve

Thursday April 10, 2008

(drink Special K Protein powder--5 grams--added to my Water all day)

7 am--Chai Latte--Fat Free

9:30 am--1 slice Activa Cheese

12:30--1/2 Salmon pattie (~3oz), small container Y+ yogurt

3:00--3 orange sections, handful of almonds

6:00--Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup, 1/2 bag Panera potatoe chips

9:30--Fat Free Chai latte

Boy....after I pasted that in there, I realized how boring my days sound!!! Anyway.....any help would be so appreciated. Thanks for keeping this thread alive!!

Judi

Do you know how many calories you have eaten? Even though the Latte's are FF the milk itself contains 80 calories for 8oz and the smallest drinks are usually 12.oz so that makes 120 calories just for the milk. I would try and calculate the calories and I think you would be surprised that you are probably close to 1800 or higher.

I'm starting my NON food logging challenge today.

I weighted in at 191.5 - up a 2 pounds from last week but it was my birthday on Saturday. I ate a ton of crap over the weekend. Including the most decedent piece of choc/peanut butter birthday cake. I was full after 1/2 a piece but ate the whole thing anyway - hehe!

I'm not going to count calories on fitday and "plan" my meals for the next 2 weeks ... I'm going to check back in on 4/28/08 and see how I did.

Hi - I'm back and haven't been logging for a few days (I've been obsessively working on mover estimates, an itinerary for my house-hunting trip this weekend, and building spreadsheets of potential rentals instead of obsessively logging my food. But, I'm SO restricted right now, I KNOW I'm not overdoing it too much (other than some sugar-free/fat-free ice cream this weekend - I threw the rest away). I'm down 1 lb from last week, so I figure I'm on track. Hopefully I'll pick up speed again soon.

And yes, I'm going now to start today's log!

So, does it count as food logging if the website you use loses your entries for the past 2 days - argh!!! I sent the site a bug report, and of course they replied with asking what browser I'm using, and whether I'm behind a firewall. I responded that it happened at home and at work, gave them the info they wanted and suggested that it looked like they'd done a database restore that's at least 2 days old (and told them that I'm an IT professional).

Pet peeve - reporting problems to support people that have less IT experience than I do. I guess it's just part of being in the line of work I'm in (and have been for 10 years). I'm not THAT techy, but sheesh!

At least I'm still really restricted, so the weight is coming off slowly (another half lb today). 4 lbs will put me half a lb into ONEderland! It makes the logging a little less important. I threw away or donated anything that's even slightly naughty in my kitchen too. Knowing it all has to be gone in just over a week makes cleaning out the cupboards really easy!

Meanwhile, I've packed almost everything that has to be taken care of before I move, so I was actually bored last night! Thank goodness there was a new episode of The Tudors on to get me to bedtime. All I have to do is inventory, shrink-wrap and label the tubs in the garage (there are 6), get my brother to pick up the canoe and some other things that are going to family, and then pack the items for the car, and I'm ready for the movers. Hopefully I'll rent a place this weekend in SD, and then I can get the logistics done (utilities, mover scheduled, etc). I'm almost too prepared at this point!

Enough off-topic chat. How are you all doing this week?

Thanks Salsa for your input. Sorry for the delay in my response.....we're undergoing a major audit at work......if I did not have my Lapband, who knows what I would be eating!!!

I totalled up my calories yesterday.....including the 2 chai lattes I consumed (during the week, I make my own for a total of 80 calories each...and worth every drop!!). My total intake yesterday was 1530 thru the site that I use. I will have to check out the calorie count for the FF Starbuck chai lattes I consume on Saturdays. I'd like to aim to get down to 1200 calories a day. Is that reasonable for loosing 2 lbs a week? My exercise routine is pretty much the same as I described in my previous post. Maybe I need to jump start my metabolism with more Protein in the AM?

Hey Ms. Judy. Good to see you here! Hard to see if 1200 cals will "do it" for you, since everyone's different, but the government charts give that as the minimum, so it must be, right?

Just caught up on your blog. I love your writing!

... and yes, I'd have smacked that guy for giving you grief. Or, just turn your back on him and be done.

By the way, what goes into your wonder-chais?

Thank you for your response Pizzica! I'm hoping to get my calories down to 1200. I'm not doing so bad today. And, thank you so very much for keeping up with my blog. So happy you enjoy it. I truly enjoy doing it. Silly & sappy as it sounds, doing that blog has really given me so much joy! I really appreciate the feedback...thank you so very much.

Here's my chai latte recipe: (BTW in the early days, I used to put vanilla whey Protein powder but no more....I tell you this since it tastes quite good with it if you want to add it)

In Magic Bullet......(makes 2 servings--I have one in the morning, one at night)

2 ounce Bolthouse Farms Perfectly Protein (Soy) Vanilla Chai

Bolthouse Farms "Perfectly Protein Vanilla Chai Tea with Soy" Nutritional Facts

2 tablespoon General Foods International sugar free Chai Latte (30 cals per tbls)

8 oz of boiling Water or 8 ice cubes (boiling for hot....ice cubes for cold)

sprinkle of cinnamon

Whirl in the Magic Bullet and enjoy......!

And.....if you are really love Chai......here's something special. I made them a few weekends ago.....loved em

Chai-Naughtea (this made 4 "martini" drinks)

5 Bigelow® Vanilla Chai Tea Bags

2 cups boiling Water

1 ounce vodka

1 ounce Grand Marnier

Crushed ice

Cinnamon heart candy for garnish

Time: 10 minutes - Chill Time: 30 minutes

Place Bigelow® Vanilla Chai tea bags in a measuring cup. Cover with boiling water and let steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags (squeezing out excess liquid) and chill for 30 minutes.

Pour ½ cup tea into a martini shaker, add vodka and Grand Marnier®, fill with crushed ice and shake well, strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a cinnamon heart candy.

Cheers!

Edited by JudiM

thanks for sharing! I wish I could try those naugh-teas, but half a glass of wine knocks me out these days! Maybe to Celebrate the new residence after the move, huh? :-)

Started logging again this morning- hopefully the website I'm using won't lose my entries again! Still feeling really restricted but I want to stick with it and see how it goes.

logs are all caught up again. Not sure if i'll ever get that lost data back, but it's not that important anyway.

Time to check in, gang - Is everyone logging, or not logging, as the case may be?!?

I am back to logging now that I don't have a fill in. I need to make sure that my portions and everything stay proper and that I am not going over my 1500 calories. Though I may need to up that for a little bit since I officially start my marathon training tomorrow. I am doing an 5K run in town tomorrow. My first road race!

Way to go, Salsa! I'm sure you'll do swimmingly - or is it runningly? :-)

I haven't been logging this week, and I may log a little now and then, but I'm not going to require myself until I'm settled in to my new city and new life next week! I figure I have plenty of lists and things to keep track of without monitoring what I eat!

How's everyone else doing?

Well I am making my menu everynight and sticking to it the following day....Does that count???

Pizzi, I am so excited for your move. It will be nice to go someplace warm. I used to hate warm weather cause I was ALWAYS hot...Now I am ALWAYS freezing. As I sit in my classroom right now I have on pants, tights, a shirt, and a jacket. But I have on dress shoes so my little toes feel like their are frozen!

I'd say that counts as logging - you're just doing it in advance!

I hear you about being cold too. I find myself hovering near the fireplace all the time now to toast my bum, or buried in quilts. The weather's pretty mild in La Jolla all the time, but that sun feels REALLY good!

They're predicting rain and possibly SNOW this weekend, so I'm ready to go!!