Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food log challenge, anyone?

Hey Gang,

Since I seem to be at a motivational lull lately, I thought I'd get really basic to get things rolling again. Would any of you be interested in a food log challenge? You don't have to post what you ate here (although it would be welcome of course), but you have to commit to logging it somewhere (I use CalorieKing - Diet and weight loss. Calorie Counter and more.) and report in whether you did it or not each day.

It's a great way to get better awareness of what's going in and how you're doing nutritionally each day. It definitely makes you think twice before putting things in your mouth - or opens your eyes afterwards, which can be even more helpful when getting back on track!

So far, I logged everything yesterday (well over 1100 calories and far too much fat from that darned corned beef, btw), and have put everything in that I ate so far today (doing well so far).

Anyone else interested?

hehe

I was just thinking about doing the opposite actually.

I've been a RELIGIOUS food logger since the day I started the pre-op diet. I use fitday.com. I've probably only missed a handful of days in the past 7 months. I really contribute a lot of my success to logging my food.

I want to hide my scale and stop logging my food for a week or two and see how I do on my own.

Well, you could treat it as a withdrawal report, I suppose! "Hi, I'm Candle, and I'm a log-a-holic!" :-p

I'm an obsessive weigher myself, so I can relate. The food part is definitely hitting me though!

BTW, I was a good girl just now. I'd finished lunch and was craving corn chips, but they didn't have what I wanted downstairs, so I stayed away from a substitution. I'd waited a few minutes before going down, too, so by the time I got down there, lunch was really settling in nicely and I wasn't hungry any more.

Phew!

Okay, so far it's just a challenge of one, but at least it's a chance for me to be held accountable. I invite any and all to nag me if I don't update daily!!

I did do my log all day yesterday although I'm guessing my calorie count was a tad lower than it really was. I need to make an effort to measure my food so I know just how much is going in. In any case, it looks like I was somewhere between 900 and 1000 calories, so we'll see if it gets me back on track.

I am with Candle on this one. My therapist doesn't want me logging anymore. She thinks I am becoming obsessed. Well you don't need a degree and 100$ an hour for me to tell you that! But I have to say that my constant logging and calorie counting did get me to where I am today. I still measure my foods, but again I am supposed to get away from that too. Dang I seem to learn the rules and then they go and change them on me. I don't like this nastly little trick they are pulling. I am going to meet with my nutritionist 1 week from today because I have no idea how to transition into maintenance without freaking myself out! So I am sure that I will be back to logging food once I go on that program! I will bug you if I don't see a post every daY!

It just goes to show how different everyone's journey is, doesn't it? I've ventured too far away from awareness of what I eat, so I need to get back to that. But, I also have at least 30-50 lbs to go before I'm where you are right now, so I've got to regain the focus and momentum I had a few months ago.

I have a nasty tendency to be really into something initially and then burn out later. It was a real consideration for me when I got the surgery, because I was really worried I'd burn out yet again. The good news is that it will definitely help me get there.

We all need to do what works, eh?

I'll get there yet!!

Girl! You are almost 7 months into your new lifestyle and 76lbs closer to a new you - you are not burning out! You've been breaking the cycle - you're recognizing the negative behavior almost before it happens and certainly unlike in the past, before you are to the point of no return.

Me and Salsa can do the NO-food Logging Challenge :thumbup:

Hi Pizzi,

My husband is making a huge sacrifice for you so I hope you appreciate this.......

HE has generously offered you my superior nagging skills :thumbup::smile::Dancing_shocked:!

So you better keep logging girlfriend, because I'm watching you:mad2:!!!!

misc14.gif

Crazy Ates March Exercise Challenge

22/30 Exercise Sessions

(12 Cardio, 4 Core Strength & flexibility, 6 Weight training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

That's good, because I NEED IT! Why? Because I stopped at the grocery store last night on the way home, and here's what I left with:

- 6 chicken wings and cheesey hash browns from the hot bar

- tollhouse cookie dough (ate 3 of them last night and brought the rest to work to get it out of the house)

What did this mean? 1100 calories for ONE MEAL! yeah, that's ONE meal.

This is why I'm logging - I'd gotten into the habit of fixing whatever sounded good, and then wonder why the weight isn't coming off.

I've been an Ee-dee-ooo-tay!

I do pretty well all day, and then do something to undermine the whole thing, and then beat myself up for it.

BUT, I did log it all today and have a fresh start. I guess that's the point. I need to get back to reading the labels and deciding from there. I need to maybe get ONE wing just to satisfy the urge (and I realized while eating it would have satisfied me, btw). I need to stay the heck out of the store when I'm hungry and plan ahead!

There, I've done my confession. My butt is officially back in the wagon today.

Feel free to nag, cajole or offer wisdom!

Hi Pizzicato,

Count me in!! I do all this walking and the scale moves VERY slowly for me. It is so hard to stay motivated. I am losing inches more than pounds. I need to post my food and make sure I am taking in enough Protein and calories each day. I will start tomorrow with logging in my food. I use sparkpeople.com. Great website.

Yay! We've got 2 now!

Another off the charts night for me, but I'll log it none the less. My niece visited (she's home this weekend from college), and I overdid it. I'm kinda disgusted with myself right now, but I guess tomorrow's another day...

Okay, logged it all. Total for the day, over 1600 calories, mostly from dinner.

*sigh*

lesson learned (hopefully)...

I logged in with 986 today on sparkpeople.com. Hope that isn't too much. As of yesterday the scale had not moved:mad:. I think I better track this week and make an appointment with the nutritionist.

Pizzi - I am back and you have not posted since FRIDAY! I am checking on you!

Going to meet with my nutritionist on Wednesday so I may be back to joining this challenge for a little while!