Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein that is so delish, I crave it!

This stuff is incredible!! I could drink it non stop! In fact I feel so thirsty for it that nothing else quenches my craving & I grab a swallow every time I go to the kitchen. It's called Essential Natural 100% Protein w/ micellar casein, vanilla cake flavor. It's better than licking the beaters after mixing a cake. 1 scoop is 120 calories, 4g carbs, 22g protein. I got it at GNC. They will mix up a cup of any flavor & you can taste before you buy. The strawberry & Cookies & cream & chocolate were yummy too, but this vanilla cake is the best thing ever! So glad I found one I like, check it out & hope you guys like it too!

I start my 2week LS diet on Wednesday. My surgery is 4/3/08. I'll head to GNC tomorrow to check out the cake batter, cookies&cream and chocolate. Maybe if I get it cold enough, I can pretend to be eating ColdStone Cake Batter ice cream!!

Thanks!

If it really tastes like cake batter, I could handle that! I am going to go try.. and hey, I didn't know they did the samples for just anyone, last time I was there the lady working there had a thermos, she said it was her lunch but insisted I try it (I complained about how I've never liked a Protein shake). I didn't like it either, but I felt special hah hah.

Countingthedays: I see you are pre-band. Me too and I am having a hard time losing any weight. Does this shake fill you up like a Meal Replacement? Looks like you are doing great losing weight, are you following a specific plan?

Thanks!

I mix it w/ 1% milk, but the guy at GNC said its great in coffee and oatmeal too.

As far as samples, I know they do mix up samples of any kind at my GNC, I would think they would do it if you asked them to. The guy at my store said its nationwide policy, and they also take back anything you dont like even if opened as long as you return it w/in 24 hours, with a receipt. They took back Solotron liquid Multivitamins that were disgusting even after I tried to take 3 doses of it over a 2 day period. No questions asked, they took the open bottle & gave me chewables to try instead.

The diet I have been following is just a high Protein, low carb for the last year. I have been on B12 injections and phentermine but I quit those about 7 months ago. I have lost almost 8lbs this week from 2 days of the flu & after the flu I have just been doing a modified pre op diet of a Protein Shake for Breakfast, 1 for lunch, & a salad for dinner. Today I had my 2 shakes, 2 small slim jims for snack, a small chef salad from publix that I only ate the meat, cheese and boiled egg off of it, and a wendys baked potato for dinner & my bodybugg said I consumed 736 calories (counting the whole salad since there was no way to break it down in bodybugg planner) and burned 1616 for a deficit of 880 calories.

I am starting my liquid only pre op diet on the 1st & I didnt want to let my appetite come totally back from the flu. I also take chromium picolinate to curb appetite & cut down carb cravings.

Edited by CountingtheDays

I was not able to find the cake batter Protein mix at GNC today. The store I went to is not very big, but they said they could get it if I knew more specifics about it. I'm going to check another GNC in the area tomorrow, but any details will help.

Thanks!

BTW - Tomorrow is my last day before I start my pre-op diet! I'm trying to decide between good and greasy KFC, a big porterhouse steak or something Italian!! --Kissing my bad nutrition goodbye!!!

FYI, I googled what she's talking about, I found it from $14-$19, but I didn't check out shipping, they might tag you on that. Essential Natural vanilla Cake Batter.

And Counting you're doing great, good job :shades_smile:) Keep that mojo when you're banded!

They did have small tubs for $15, I got the huge one for $30. It's a GNC brand so they should have it. Its Essential Natural like Fairy said. Hope you can find it!

Thanks Fairy, I definately plan to keep it going! I have never been so motivated & its because I am so looking forward to getting banded thats got me going. I can and will do this!

I use Herbalife Shapeworks Beverage Mix. It's a powder that comes in Peach Mango or Wild berry. You mix it with 8 ounces of Water and each 8 ounce serving ahs 70 calories, 0 fat, 0 sugar and 15 grams of Protein. It's very refreshing and easy to get down.