Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not filled yet and eating everything i can.. 2 weeks post OP anyone with same issue??

Kat817. Thank you for your post. I'll be banded at the end of this month. I think the trick to these fills is to take it really slow and be patient. Did you tell your dr. you wanted a very small fill or did he just do it that way?

I live in pdx too and will attend Dr. Patterson's seminar on 4-15 but scheduled lapband surg., w/ Dr Ortiz in Mex. for 5-7 so I'm curious about how all this works...this is my 1st online response to this group. I'm registered as "sufina" (my cat's name!)

I've also found that I've had no problem eating other types of foods if i chew the heck out of it and turn it into mush in my mouth. It takes a lot but has allowed me to return to eating more normal faster and because I'm eating so slow I feel full with little food.

Always told to do that before surgery, but more focused on it now.

I'm 2 weeks out

just started on regular food and found out the hard way that I have to chew until it is mush and eat slow. But I am still feeling hungry after a couple of hours.

I had my LB put in on 3/10 so that makes me 6 days out. If you do all your Protein, you shouldn't feel hungry. And I do 6 small meals instead of just 3. Another thing I noticed is that ppl are put on the mushies at all different times. I did 3 days of clear liquds right after surgery, then mushies for the next 5 weeks. All that to say you protein should keep you full.

Where did you read that you could start mushies so quick after surgery? I am 9 days out and dying to start mushies! My dr said no. I find myself hungry. Usually, once a day. I have liquid, liquid, liquid and still hungry. I am making it but boy would I love to have something else.

I made my own Soup. I used chicken broth and lots of veggies. when it was done I pureed the soup. It was a little thick for one week out so I added extra broth to thin it out a bit. It really hit the spot and held me over. I only have about once a day that I am really hungry and my dr said I could have some sugar free pudding and I also picked up some sugar free fudgsicles. I am getting through that way.

Monterrey,

I didn't have any issues with my 2 week diet because I could have pudding, yogurt and such which I really loved. The first week of Clear liquids was another story though. If I chicken broth and I never meet again I'll be okay with it :bolt:.

What stage of the diet does your doc have you on (every doc is different)? If your week 2 is the same as mine I loaded up on pudding, Soups (pacific naturals awesome), ice cream (I know, I know), yogurt, cream of wheat.

Kat817. Thank you for your post. I'll be banded at the end of this month. I think the trick to these fills is to take it really slow and be patient. Did you tell your dr. you wanted a very small fill or did he just do it that way?

Keep in mind I have the older smaller band...it is 9.75cm, and holds a max it says of 4cc.'s (which can actually be pushed to over 5cc.'s I am told).

My Dr. has a standard plan of action. First fills he always starts with 1.25cc's. Then .50cc's each time from then on. It is conservative, he admits it, and kind of has this attitude, that he feels it is safest that way, and you are free to find another Dr. if you don't like it! He is extremely cautious, and is concerned for long term safety and results---but while you can laugh and joke and talk about dozens of different subjects with him....when it comes to the band, there is a simple fact that he is the DR. you the patient---and he is not going to do anything he is unsure of.

I know some people would not like this, and I have heard of some going in to the Dr, and telling them how much they want---he would not do it that way!!!!

I am ok, he has done good by me so far, and seems quite concerned for my health and safety, so stick with him despite his sometimes egotistical attitude!!!

And like you I think a slow and steady approach is the way to go--so since I agree with him it works!!

Kat

I am two weeks and two days out. My doc has starts regular food after the second week so Im on regulars now. My problem is that I'm absolutely starving. I'm eating my really small meals even though I know I could eat more. I did cheat and eat a really yummy cookie once. Oh hurry up fill before I eat the fridge!!!!!!

I hear ya. I am hoping that when I have my first fill I will not be as hungry. It has been difficult to keep things on the right track when I know that I am able to eat regular now. And I have been hungry thats for sure. And yes I have had a mishap or two, no bindging or anything like that but ate small amounts of things I probably shouldn't have.

im on my 2 week post op and i feel like i can eat everything but ,, i know i cant lol i have tried to eat certain things and i payed for it,, my fill date is may 9th i think , but for now im doing like chicken salad mashed potatos babyfood hmmm im tryin to eat the healthy things , good luck to ya

Hi all, Im 6 weeks post op-my eating has been slowly creeping back up to my pre-op standards! I have been doing a lot more exercise and my weight has been staying within a few lbs. Good news is I have my 1st fill on the 16th (9 days time and counting!) I am so looking forward to it.

I'm about 3 weeks out and eating well. Not blending much...find that if I chew "alot" it works great and gets it at about the same place as if I blended...plus a lot easier. also with all the chewing I'm feeling full a lot faster!!

How do you like Dr. Hollis, we have our first appt with him this week. We are going self pay. How long between the first visit until we can be scheduled for surgery.