Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is my first post. I got banded on January 7, 2008. It's been a little over two months and I have lost 34 pounds. I was banded by Dr. Lapschies in Oahu, my surgery was great and recovery went well. I was 235 pounds before surgery and am now 201 pounds.

After the surgery, I was on a ten day liquid diet, clear Soups, Jello and lots of Water and sugarfree drinks. After my liquid diet, I was able to go on a solid food diet. Two ounces of Protein three times a day. After about 7 weeks, I was still had more room, so he allowed me to have some vegetables. After almost two month, I had my first fill. I found that now I have more restriction and am not able to eat as much as before my fill. I also have to chew my food really well, cause otherwise it feels stuck.

you didn't have to diet before the surgery? I'm jealous. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii. I hear it's absolutely stunning there. I'm from West Virginia. Pretty drab here this time of year. Congratulations on your surgery.

Hi nurselori73. I was just in West Virginia, visiting my in-laws, they are from Red House, which is close to Charleston. I also live in Hawaii, and I was banded 8/29/07 by Dr. Fowler at Castle Medical Center, Good to meet you pfrando, if you look at the local threads, there is one from Hawaii, it is called pre and post bandsters, I think????? Good going on your loss. Hope we can keep in touch. aloha

My pre op diet consisted of trying not to snack and eating more nutritious food like vegetables. I also had to exercise regularly. Since my insurance approval took 6 months, the first 4 months, I stuck to my program, but as it took longer, I started not exercising, but still ate better. I didn't loose weight when I went back for my pre-surgery appointment, but I had gained muscle and lost fat, so my Doctor was happy with that.

Hi! I am also from Kamuela. I was banded in April at 229 and am at 208 now. I started at 263 when i started the process a year ago.