Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im feeling blue

Ive been taking the chewables. maybe I will look into the liquid

i sure hope you do, because we really are fortunate to have this tool, and who wants to feel crappy about something so wonderful!!! You have done really well with your weightloss, have you noticed health improvements? my BP went from 143/93 to 128/72. some one told me a long time ago, "our lives are what we make them, we can dwell in the negative or bask in the positive." sometimes that is hard, but look for the good that has come from your band, and the good that is still to come. just think about if you didn't have your health, that is one thing that is not replaceable. You deserve to be healthy and happy! g2s

Amanda,

I am glad to hear your spirits are picking up. For us women, it is also a battle of our hormones and emotions. Wishing you all the best!

I had a bit of a melt down last night. It all seemed to hit me. I may never eat regular again. I now have surgical scars on a body that had never even been to a hospital. I mean Im having BIG time doubts about this and I can't change back. It's not like ANYTHING Ive ever done before. I had this thing put in. It was my choice, Im the only one to blame. I really did a lot of research before the surgery but nothing could prepare me for how Im feeling. I was really thinking about making myself puke so it would slip and have to be removed.

I really shouldn't be complaining I get a good nights sleep. Ive been sleeping on my stomach since the first night in the hospital. Drinking my 5 meals getting all my Protein. Not getting enough Water, but whatever. Going on walks with the DH to get exercise. Im not really in pain, just discomfort.

I wish I could be more psyched about this but right now I'm just trudging through the day thinking I've made the worst mistake of my life and pissed at myself for putting my family, body and mind through this.

I know this is not what you guys want to hear but It's how Im feeling. I think Im getting depressed.

Wow you know the same thing you are going thru right now... I have sat up in my bed thinking about how my life is going to change after I have the procedure done. because people do treat you diffrent when you are smaller thats a fact. I have had struggles with when i loose weight and more people are attracted to me trying to befriend me everyone wants to go out and know more about me but when i was my highest weight no one wanted to talk to me.. life is totally diffrent after weight loss. I know what you mean. It's like being famous you have to sort thru all of the fake people and the real ones. All you can do is take one day at a time. I'm sure its just one of those days..... I hope you feel better soon...:(

Ya it probably had something to do with hormones. With the stress of the surgery and all my TOM came 7days early and hit hard.

I love LBT. Everyone is so supportive!!!! I can always find someone(or someones friend) who has gone through what Iam going through.:rolleyes:

Amanda, I remembering feeling that way too and then got depressed that doing something so good for myself was making me depressed!!

Then I finally figured it out - 2 things:

1) I was in 'mourning' (for my old eating lifestyle, as bad as it was for me, I knew I'd never be able to do it again and I DID enjoy eating a lot of food)

2) My tranquilizer was gone (food) and I was having to deal with all those emotions/moods/feelings, etc. without making myself feel better with food.

As many people have already noted (and I think you've found as well), it will pass and then you will be SO glad you did it. Get through Bandster Hell and you'll find you are reminded why you did this in the first place. For a better, healthier YOU!!

Good luck and hang in there!

im feelin the same way to. im 5 days post op. but i dont think its the mourning of food..its more like the fact that i dont feel well. im weak, im still having gas pains, i have to sleep on my back, which i hate, my bowels are all messed up. i have no motivation to do anything. i just want to feel better again. im hoping i will when i start the pureed stage on thursday. thats what im looking forward to right now, its like the light at the end of the tunnel for me. not just bc its food, but bc im hoping i wont feel weak anymore and my bowels will even out. ugh..bandster hell sucks!! lol. keep pushin tho, im doin it everyday..

I read about it here: An "Understandable" Complication (July-August 2000)

It is interesting that this is a common thing-post operative depression-yet no one mentioned it(meaning my Dr or the support group).

I think Im still depressed but working through it.

I remember being where you are now.... Seven years ago.

I have learned that this weightloss thing is a journey, a long long journey. Try not to second guess your decision. Its already done. You are not trapped!! Actually you have set yourself free, enjoy it

The emotional crap that you experienced getting obese will come back to you as you go through this journey. Deal with it. I still get up in the middle of the night and open the fridge. But now its just a visit... Try not to take the emotional roller coaster too seriously. Just be a passenger and know you can get off anytime you want. Its up to you. food is not your friend its become your drug and now you are kicking the addiction!

I am out here what seven years and one thing I have learned is that I can eat anything I want and so can you we just choose not to.

Hang in there you will be fine. Make sure you get all the nutrients you need and drink lots of Water. All will be well.:lol:

Thanks mattintosh.

I remember being where you are now.... Seven years ago.

I have learned that this weightloss thing is a journey, a long long journey. Try not to second guess your decision. Its already done. You are not trapped!! Actually you have set yourself free, enjoy it

The emotional crap that you experienced getting obese will come back to you as you go through this journey. Deal with it. I still get up in the middle of the night and open the fridge. But now its just a visit... Try not to take the emotional roller coaster too seriously. Just be a passenger and know you can get off anytime you want. Its up to you. food is not your friend its become your drug and now you are kicking the addiction!

I am out here what seven years and one thing I have learned is that I can eat anything I want and so can you we just choose not to.

Hang in there you will be fine. Make sure you get all the nutrients you need and drink lots of Water. All will be well.:thumbup:

Matt that is so true... omg.. u were 380 wow.... now u are inspiration... It is something new that is going on in your body and you are now learning how to deal and cope with it all. Besides the pms thing does not help either.. it just makes things seem larger than they really are... as time goes on you will feel even better im sure....try not to stress... not sure what u do to relax but try and take your mind off of whatever it's on and just relax and enjoy the start of an healthier happier life...

AJ... sorry you're feeling depressed! I was just banded on 3/12 and I did also go thru some "OMG...what did I do?" moments and surgery (any surgery) is a trauma to your body and the anesthesia just does a body weird! :thumbup: I wasn't hungry for the first 4-5 days and tho I was uncomfortable and sore, I felt lucky, because now, I'm starting to get hungRY! I also had that horrible fear of "I'll never eat again." I so hear you.

Here what I'm doing to work it out.

1. I do try to stay away from the Horrible complications with Lapband threads.

2. I know that I will eat again and I do go to the thread of "what did you eat today" There, I see that people eat all sorts of different foods and I know I will be able to eat what I want, just not as much and that's the point of all of this.

3. I have lost 26 lbs and already my life is so much better... I FEEL GREAT! I can't EVEN imagine how good I'm going to feel when I get to goal.

4. And, I know that when I reach goal... I won't gain the weight back again... I've NEVER had that security before in my life!

Hope you feel better soon and find peace with your initial decision to have the band. I know that I have and I'm still have a week before I can even eat mushies...

(((HUG)))

All you LBT folks are wonderful. :embaressed_smile:

Amanda,

I am waiting for insurance approval and hope to be banded in April. I think I know how you feel. I've been wondering if I'm doing the right thing; if I'm going to have complications; if I can succeed in the long haul. I've also been reading the complications thread, and it's kind of scary. However, I do believe all of this thinking to be normal. And it's normal to feel depressed. After all, we are beginning a new, unknown (to us), journey that's scary and exciting at the same time.

I'm glad you are feeling better, and have a Happy Easter!:wub: