Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TOTAL UNFILL...Scary!

Kim!

I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this! My goodness. I had my gall bladder out, too. I know the pain. Awful. food OBSESSIONS...why do we think about food so much? I don't get it.

Of course, I'm there for you. How about you and I (and anyone else needing help)... promise to keep a journal, exercise, and keep in contact here? At least for the next few months.

Anyone out there who has had this situation, can you tell us if you gained OR loss weight till you could get filled again? :thumbup:

Lapgirl,

A little over a year ago, I was having so much trouble. Nearly every time I ate I had pain although I never really PB'd. I was sleeping with my head all propped up on a wedge pillow yet I was still waking up with sore throats so bad that sometimes I swear I tasted blood. My doc did all the tests and although he found nothing wrong, he thought that my stomach just needed a break from the restriction.

When he completely unfilled me I was elated because I was so miserable that I was desperate for relief. It took a while to feel better, but I did. I maintained my own eating routine. I went through a brief period of fear that I would end up where I started, but I got hold of myself and took control. I figure just because I can doesn't mean I should. Yes, I can eat MORE, but as long as I've made the right decisions of WHAT is in there all is well. I picked up a regular exercise program that I love and you know what? I actually lost weight! I toned up, lost 2 pant sizes and have maintained that for a year. I am STILL completely unfilled and have no real desire to go get one.

Lap band has changed my life, but not necessarily in the way I had thought it would. It helped me lose the majority of the weight, but it helped me to learn a healthy lifestyle and embrace it as who I am.

You can do it. Find what works for you in the meantime and after you heal, if you really NEED that fill you can go get it.

Dear DD

I'm amazed at the different stories from people! Yours is very interesting. You sound very strong. I wonder/hope I am, too. It's all in our heads, right? food shouldn't be that important to us, that I think about it so often. Thank you for your input. I appreciate it. :thumbup:

You've been given the tools, and it seems like you definetly have adhered to, and gotten used to the band lifestyle. Try drinking a protien drink or shake before your meals- that should put a damper on hunger, and fill you to a point where a small regular heathly meal will do! Good luck on your continued efforts towards a healthier you!

I got a few new capri pants for spring, and if I gain weight, I'll have nothing that fits. That has been motivating me to stay on track. I like the journaling idea very much too. I'm glad we can work together on this.

Kim:

The new pants sound great! I read your journal. You have done very well. You must be so proud of yourself. :thumbup: I've written in a journal, but NOT online. I might try and set up an online journal...