Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bad fat girl....no doughnut.

I WANT CHOCOLATE!

I have to sit here at work (at a new job I might add), every fricken Tues, Wed and Thurs and stare at doughnuts all damn day. I don't even LIKE doughnuts but I EAT THEM...WHY? WHY???

I even posted a pre-surgery pic of me on my monitor and wrote DON'T EAT THE DOUGHNUTS on it. People just gave me funny looks, but it did help.

I've moved the doughnuts away and they're not used to that, and keep asking me: Where did they go? Um, hello? They went into the kitchen where food belongs.

Doughnuts DO NOT belong on a fat girl's desk.

But, now...it's after lunch, I'm settling down and I want chocolate. I want to drink it, I want to eat it, I want to inhale it - I WANT IT. It's bad, too, because I work beside a mothering type who is constantly telling me, "No. You can't have it." Which, of course, makes me want it more.

Help me kill the craving!

I took a short break and realized what was egging my mind on was the lady I work with telling me, "Don't you even think about it."

That just gets to me, and for some reason I want to eat it more. So, the walk helped!

:smile2: But, moving them to the kitchen probably helped more. LOL

Thanks!!!!

I think if I realized that having someone sit next to me and constantly tell me what I can't have is what's making me want something, I'd VERY nicely say something like "I know you are trying to help, I know you are trying to be motivational, I know you aren't trying to nag. But I really REALLY need you to stop saying that, because every time you do, I feel like having a tantrum like a 2 year old, and THEN I feel like going and getting it because I'm an adult and so I can do whatever I want." If you say it the right way, she wont feel slighted for "just trying to help" but maybe she'll back off.

I'm unfilled and so I am counting calories like a mad woman. My husband is trying to be REALLY helpful, he's even checking the calories on everything he offers to give me, lol. But every now and then I mention how much I HATE counting calories, and he says something like "You just gotta keep doing it" and I want to slap him. He's walking a VERY fine line between 'being helpful' 'not doing anything one way or the other' and 'being the food police' (I don't know how that works into one line, but it does). I don't think he knows it, but I have to just keep telling myself he doesn't really understand and he's just trying to help.

How about some of the low cal hot chocalate mix? It doesn't have near as many cals as a protien shake. I think there is a real low cal

swiss Miss one.

I was a doughnut junkie preband. I could easily eat a dozen in a day. My favorite food.< /p>

We were on vacation last month and on the last day I talked my husband into stopping at a Dunkin Donuts, since I grew up in Massachusetts and they don't have them out west where we live.

I ate a half of one, felt lousy, felt stuck and uncomfortable, and threw the rest of them away.

I have no more cravings for donuts, and don't expect to for a long time.

Sometimes I think it is good to give in to a craving and find out that your band really does work for you.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work with milkshakes.

Some tasty alternatives. I haven't found a Protein Bar (chocolate or other) that was good to me.. I have to hold my nose to get any of them down.

Russell Stover's sugar-free chocolate & coconut bars.. tastes 100% like mounds.

Their sugar-free turtles are good too if you like turtles. Not a huge fan of turtles, but they do taste identical.

Keep packs of hot-chocolate mix. They do have diet ones, I've not tried. I get a normal one (forget the brand now) that is 100 calories in a mug. When I feel sick or need a chocolate pick me up, I love sipping a hot chocolate.< /p>

Kudos bars, they have 2 that are 100 calories each. M&M and Snickers. They're yummy granola bars, with bits of the candies mixed in, and the whole bottom is coated in chocolate. Again, not a diet product, just yummy and low cal. 1 bar is pretty filling with a decent restriction, I eat one for b'fast sometimes. (They also have a chocolate chip one, that comes in the variety box.. it's 120 calories, I've never eaten that one, I give those away some reason).

Dove makes these small ice cream bars covered in Dove chocolate (vanilla & choc.. choc & choc). Serving size is 3 bars (they are individually wrapped). I eat 1 bar if I absolutely must have an ice cream treat.. and it's 70 calories.

Hope this helps, don't deny yourself such intense cravings.. you'll likely obsess and do something silly like eat the whole box of donuts :smile2:

Lastly, the people at my work are literally bringing in donuts, homemade Cookies, pies, cakes, pastry treats, etc.. every single day. I have made an effort not to walk down where they are kept, because if it's out of sight it's out of mind. If I see something new and yummy looking, it's hard for me to say no.. thus, all the things I mentioned above, I can't keep them all in my house at one time hehehe.

I took a short break and realized what was egging my mind on was the lady I work with telling me, "Don't you even think about it."

It's stuff like this that make me not want to tell anyone at work about my surgery. My family won't do that because they know me too well to try. Casual acquaintances I don't see very often usually don't either. But something about work makes people think it's okay -- maybe it's that they don't know you *that* well but they see you every day so they think they know you well enough.

It's stuff like this that make me not want to tell anyone at work about my surgery. My family won't do that because they know me too well to try. Casual acquaintances I don't see very often usually don't either. But something about work makes people think it's okay -- maybe it's that they don't know you *that* well but they see you every day so they think they know you well enough.

I know what you mean. Although, she will yell at anyone who comes up to take one. She's the office "mother". But, it gets really annoying.

It's really bad, because a habit of mine is to sneak food. If someone is cramming it down my throat, I can say "no thank you" just fine. But, when someone is telling me no and watching everything I eat, it makes me want to sneak it. I find myself waiting for her to leave, and then I'll stand up and look at the candy/doughnuts - whatever the bad stuff is TODAY.

I'm 32 for goodness sakes! I have a child at home - I don't want to feel this way. I need a good mental shake and slap.

And, it really irks me that she's right. Damn it.

Thank you, Jack! You are so RIGHT. Today is Tuesday - Fresh doughnut and kolache day. I've got my 300# picture posted.

...And now I'm chanting to myself: "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."