Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting a fill tomorrow!!! Hope it works this time..

Well hello, here I am again, I will be driving the three hours to Dr. Eddie Gomez in Coral Gables, Florida for another fill, I had a fill done on March 1, but didn't get any restriction from it. I was supposed to go back last week, but decided to wait another week to see if the restriction would kick in, well it hasn't but hopefully everything will go well tomorrow and I can finally get some restriction and start losing some weight. I have not lost any weight in a while and it is really depressing me and in turn the feeling of depression is making me eat more, I have gained about five pounds back and I hate myself for it. Please pray that I have a good fill tomorrow, my port is sideways so that concerns me as well. Well I will let you all know on Thursday how my fill went. On the up side I get to see the good looking Dr. Gomez.

Be sure to drink some Water and sit around for a bit before you run out the door and head home. Be sure it's not too tight, which can be just as bad as not tight enough. I wish you luck on finding the "sweet" spot too.

Guest Pally

I am new to this chat. Do you have to pay for each fill? Or do you get so many w/ the surgery package - just how does this work?

I have to pay for each fill, some have their fills included in their surgery price.

Well I got filled yesterday, I had 1.2cc in my band and he filled me to 2 cc's, I think I'm too tight. Yikes I go from having no restriction to feeling too restricted, I've been taking little sips of Water and gatorade since last night and I can drink a little bit at a time, but then I feel like its stuck there. Why can't anything ever go right for me. I tell you, its tough being on this rollercoaster with fills. I only pb one time, so I am not scared of not being able to keep liquids down, but I wanted to be tight and he made me tight. Wow, nothing ever seems to go right for me, its kind of discouraging. I hope to be feeling better by this weekend. My family and I are headed to Orlando for the weekend, we are going to take the kids to Sea World and to Animal Kingdom Park. My son had a (3) birthday last Wed, and my daughter turns (4) tomorrow, so we are taking them there to Celebrate their birthdays. Well, I hope this fill gives a little, because I dont' want to drive three hours again to get an unfill. YUK!

OH, I forgot Pally the Dr. who did my surgery doesn't charge for fills, but he is in Mx, so I found Dr. Eddie Gomez in Coral Gables to do my fills, he charges $300 for a fill with out flouru, if you do it with flouru its $600. I got mine without flouru and there was no problem, I know for a fact that Dr. Gomez knows what he's doing, he hits the port every time and I have a flipped port so that is even harder, but he seems to have no problem getting the job done.

When I got my fill last Friday I was that tight too. I have loosened up a little, but still can't really eat anything of substance until afternoon and evening. I just started so that may have something to do with it from what I have been reading.

$300.00 is a lot to pay without floro in mho. Try not to get discouraged, as long as you are keeping liquid down, drink protien shakes and try little chews of stuff in the evening and see if that helps any.

What size band do you have? I have the 4cc and now have 1.6cc. I was not restricted much at 1.cc, but the 6cc is like WOW!

Give it a few days and keep posting, I too feel like I am in the same boat as you are except I can eat at night, lol.

When you go on your outting be sure you have some protien so you don't wind down.

Hugs......

I was able to eat some chicken noodle Soup for lunch. Not much though, I had mostly the warm broth, and felt better from it. The Protein drink I tried to drink this morning was cold, so maybe that is why I couldn't handle it. Buy boy oh boy do I feel the restriction. And its a bit scary, when I was first banded I was really really sick for a week and wasn't able to hold anything down, I kept pb anything and everything. I ended up in the hospital very dehydrated and it was really scary I thought I was dying and leaving my little kids behind all because I wanted to be thin. So this feeling of restriction (this tight) scares me a lot. But I will take your advice and only take warm liquids or Soup because it seems to have worked for me at lunch. I have a 10 cc band and I have 2 cc's in from the fill yesterday. Thank you for the hugs, I really need those today, feeling pretty down, I'm doubting whether all of this is worth it. Yesterday as I was to sip a little Water, and not feeling too good about it, my husband was enjoying his dinner, smoked sausage sauted with peppers, tomatoes and onions and white rice, he also has avocado on the side of his plate and boy was he enjoying it. I can't eat that way anymore and sometimes I wonder if this is all worth it. I'm sorry for going on and on, but I just need someone to hear me today.

I hope I loosen up a little bit, but not too much.

I am so glad the warm broth helped. Try to stay hydrated. Hopefully tonight you will be able to eat something.

As I am typing I am eatting 1/2c lentil Soup. Lentils are soft, have Fiber and protien. I have to eat very small bites and it is going to take me awile, if I can finish it. I usually have some coffee around 3:30, get the kids from school and come home to eat a little.

Yesterday it took me an hour to get down a little chicken salad, but, like you, I am going to give it a week or so.

It sounds like you are very frustrated and scared. I am going to pray for you this afternoon.

You have lost 23lbs since Nov., that is great! In the long run I don't think you will regret getting the band. Until you get your fill properly adjusted you may regret it.

I think I have loosened up a tad since my fill, hopefully you will too..

One of the things I do when I get down is to make a list of all the things that I am thankful to God for. It really helps....

Keep us posted on how you are doing...

Estela - Sometimes after I get a fill I have a little swelling, it usually goes down after 2-3 days and then I loosen up. You might have to have a slight unfill. Good luck, and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Thank you Alice, hopefully I will get loose or I will have to go to Dr. Gomez to get an unfill. Did you make the lentil Soup or did you buy it? Sounds really good, do they sell it at the grocery store, cause I sure don't feel like cooking, not that I would now how to cook it anyway, but I do truly appreciate your care and concern. Thanks a bunch. I will keep you posted. Thanks for the reminder of things that I should be grateful for, you are so right..

Thanks to all of you for caring, and I hope you are right about me loosening up in a couple of days.

Love,

I buy the lentil Soup at the grocery store.

I am thinking of having a little if I don't loosen up by next week. I just think I should be eatting more than I am. Tonight, a couple pieces of deli turkey and some artichoke (soft). It will be a week since my fill tommorrow.