Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody else peeved at Lane Bryant?

Actually I am ecstatic that LB has gotten so expensive and boring. It is incentive to trudge on, to eat bandster portions, and to exercise daily.

They've gone insane and I am happy.

I love that I will never have to pay $40 for one of their cheaply made tee shirts again. I'm glad that they don't make 36 inseam Supreme jeans any more. I'm glad that they have converted to that new (nonsensical) sizing. I'm happy that their coupons are scams. I'm even happy that they never have my bra size in stock.

I am overjoyed that they have become so inhospitable! I am so happy because I am leaving them behind! I am on my way to the Gap, BananaRep, JCrew, Regular stores!

When I want to breakdown and buy something there, I come here. Seeing everyone's (many of you are on this thread) progress, NSVs, and before and afters makes it sweeter. For a long time all I could wear was LB, now I am almost at the point where if I do shop there it isn't out of necessity.

Hurray!

I love my band!

That is awesome and YOU are awesome chocolate

I just made an order last night I thought I would share.

Mixed floral print tunic Black Flor 26/28 - $15.26

Pleated trapeze tunic Pink 26/28 - $8.40

Floral print sublimation Sparkling 26/28 - $23.67

Dotted floral print subli Mineral Te 26/28 - $11.83

Square neck charmeuse blo Violet Blu 26/28 - $25.04

Mixed floral print tunic Teakwood F 26/28 - $30.53

Secret Slimmer® denim c Dark Rinse 26 - $33.96

Denim trouser Bermuda sho Dark Sandb 26 - $15.26

__________________________________________________________________________________________

SUBTOTAL $ 163.93

TAX $ 12.39

SHIPPING & HANDLING $ 12.95

TOTAL $ 189.27

If you notice, I paid $189.27 total with shipping and tax for 6 shirts and 2 bottoms. I did the buy one, get half off the other, and I used the coupon where if you spend over $225 you get $75 off.(I think they have if you spend $75 you het $25 off and if you spend $150 you get $50 off. I use these coupons all the time) I really don't think that's bad for quality garments. And in case you didn't know, if you take care of the Lane Bryant clothes, they sell well on ebay. When I shrink out of this size, I will resell them and use the money to buy a smaller size. :biggrin2:

I hate Lane Bryant. They seem to think all fat women are AMAZONS. I am a shorty. The only thing I can buy there are tops. The Right Fit jeans are okay but the legs are SO WIDE that I look like I'm wearing gauchos.

I love their bras though. You can get DDD there! I've never found them anywhere else.

What is CJ Banks? I don't think we have those around here.

Ditto. When I was in plus sizes, I could NEVER shop at Lane Bryant for anything other than a plain T-shirt, just because their clothes are built for tall, long-limbed people, even the shirts. And honestly, I could find similar T-shirts for cheaper elsewhere. None of their pants ever worked for me, and I'm 5'3", just barely petite. LB's petites were always at least 4" too long for me.

And really, the clothes that I did buy there were pretty crappy quality, or at least no better than what was available at other, less expensive stores. Why buy a $25 T-shirt at Lane Bryant when I could buy a $10 T-shirt at Wal-Mart or Target that was just as high quality. I've had extremely good luck with both of those stores, at least with their basic T-shirts. I've still got wearable T-shirts (now too big) from both stores in my closet that are at least 2 years old, and I'd wear them at least 1-2 times a week. Heck, even JCPenney or Belk are better than LB, IMO. Both have decent plus-size departments that were much more in line with my tastes and my purse than LB.

I am tall.. their shirts have always been way too short, and pants have been way too short...and they always had 'built in hips' in their pants.. a plus-size phenomenon I don't quite get.

If anyone wants a discount code she mentioned up there ($75 off 150, 50$ off 125.. or whatever it was) let me know, I got one in the mail. I held onto it, but I'm not going to use it.

And FWIW.. I don't find LB's clothes to be of good quality. Every single shirt I've ever bought shrank like nuts on the first wash, threads always pulled out of them, and buttons rarely stayed (and it's not cause I wore the wrong size in denial :biggrin: )

It's interesting to see the diversity in our answers, it seems like half half people who think its good quality and others who don't. Ohh well...to each his own. :thumbup: