Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

News & vent

FIrst and formost, COngrats!! That is totally awesome!!:tongue:

Secondly, he must be related to the ER doc my girlfriend saw yesterday! What an asshole!! She had been trying for the last month to get her son into his doctor but he has been totally booked!! The secretary told her "I don't recommend this normally but I know he needs to be seen, take him to the er, but be prepared to wait you will be billed cat 5 (total no emergency)."

She finally got seen, and the doc that came in was a total piece of shit!!! He scared her son, pissed me off to no end and wouldn't answer ANY of her questions. I wound up answering them for her in front of the doctor. He asked me where I obtained my medical degree all I said was "emt for more years then you had yours" and went back to translating doctor speak and answering the questions he wouldn't answer. I hate docs with the bedside manners of a dead fish.

I wanted to kick that ass in the jimmies for how he was acting.

Wheetsin--Have you considered a nurse-midwife? They have a more holistic, patient-centered approach that might be a fit for you. Look for the credential CNM--they have a master's degree in nursing and only care for healthy moms. Lay midwives are uncredentialed and unregulated--some are good, others not so much. CNM's usualy deliver in hospitals and have physician back up to doeal with complicatons. My sister is an OB-GYN, but she has a lot of confidence in the CNMs she worked with.

Good luck!

First off, congratulations! :clap:I'm jealous...I'm hoping I'll be getting similar news in a few years myself.

Second, that doctor was a real a-hole, no two ways about it. I would definitely let your regular doctor know about the jerk who was being rude to her patients while she was gone. I hope that you can find an OB who is cool. Someone suggested a CNM; if your insurance will cover one it's definitely worth exploring. I've had friends who had CNMs for their pregnancies and were very pleased.

I also agree that the doctor is an ass. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

My sister has a forum that she goes to for pregnant and new mothers. I mention it only because you're so active here, and it seems to be a good place to get answers to a lot of your questions from people who've recently gone through it. She said its whattoexpect.com.

Oh my gosh! Congratulations that is so exciting. I am very excited for you and your DH. :smile2:

Wheetin, that is the best news! Congratulations!

Now you can hang out in the new section, pregnant and banded. I am glad you found an ob doctor.

My daughter is pregnant and due in a month. She had gastric bypass 2 years ago. That's how I found out about banding by going to her support group meetings with her.

She only gained 22 lbs. We expect her to gain more now here at the end.

If you're 7 weeks and not feeling sick, that is great news! They say it lasts until 12 weeks, so you're probably not going to have morning

(mine was evening) Anyway, I am so excited for you!

Congratulations Wheetsin! Nothing better in the world than babies. Hope you have an easy pregnancy.

Sue

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!

Congratulations on the pregnancy!

That doc sounds like the same one I saw a couple years back. Worked out of College Park Family Care. What and @ss#o!e he was. But what are the chances it really was the same doc?

If you are still looking around a bit for OB's I loved mine. Her name was Dr. Linda Brown, she works for KU Med West. She also knows a bit about the lapband and was wonderful with my high risk pregnancy, even gave me her home number and called me several evenings just to check on me.

Thanks Diane. That was this Dr. I'm north of the river and he was with one of the Northland practices. (That's the same reason I'm seeking an OB north of the river). So far I'm not thrilled with the OB's office. I'm not seeing the responsiveness I'd like to see. I went to the ER with some cramping & bleeding (old blood, but lots of it) - US showed a uterine pregnancy, fetal pole & heartbeat, and a small subchorionic hematoma. So the ER doc told me to follow up with bloodwork to see the HCG doubling since the subchorionic bleeding isn't horrible news, nor is it great news. I called OB for that the next day and they said there was no reason they needed to check the HCG if there was a heartbeat (even tho I told them the ER doc said to do it as follow-up, to make sure things are still progressing well in the next few days, and I told them the bleeding hadn't stopped yet). It was one of those "You dummy" tones of voices when she told me this. They did not want to see me before my scheduled appt this Wed, and did not want me to bring in my ER/radiology/lab reports... which seemed really odd.

I personally disgaree sbout monitoring the HCG, I think that as long as I'm expelling any blood, new or old, it's a good peace of mind measure, if nothing else, but also a good measure before my next US. Two ER docs have agreed with me, as did my family doctor whom I called today and wants me to come in for the bloodwork this afternoon.

This OB place has come highly recommended. I will have to wait and see what sense I get of them during my appt Wed. I may end up needing a perinatologist anyway, which they don't have on staff, as I've been classified "high risk for miscarriage" with the subchorionic bleeding. We'll see.