Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone using Thinner Future? (NorCal)

I did my research on the docs covered by my insurance and decided to start of with Thinner Future and see how it goes. They have 3 docs who do the bands and I'm wondering who would be the best for me. They have Dr. Wetter, Dr. Foster and Dr. Sanchez. I'm leaning towards Dr. Foster based on feedback on ObesityHelp.com, but I haven't met any of them yet so reserve the right to change my mind.

Also, they do them out of Mills-Peninsula and El Camino Hospital. El Camino is right by my work so I'm figuring I'll get it done there. Anyone have any experience with their program? Their web site says their hospital and WLS programs have won all sorts of awards and is a Center of Excellence.

I was really hoping to get it done somewhere closer to home, but the only doctor near my house who does WLS has only done 50 bands. I want someone more experienced than that.

(Figures the hospital SIX BLOCKS from my house doesn't do WLS. :tea: )

I am due to have my lapband done by Dr Sanchez next week. I know 2 people who have used him and had no problems at all. Also, I spent the time in their waiting room in Burlingame speaking to people who had had surgery and only heard good things. Good luck to you.

Yvonne

I won't meet anyone until next month though I'm going to try to go to a support group first. Maybe we'll see each other in the waiting room one day! :drool:

I am due to have my lapband done by Dr Sanchez next week. I know 2 people who have used him and had no problems at all. Also, I spent the time in their waiting room in Burlingame speaking to people who had had surgery and only heard good things. Good luck to you.

Yvonne

He step away or not

I'm thinking of using Thinner Future because they are in my network and I live near El Camino Hospital, so the location is ideal. I hope to read about more people using the doctors there!

I've been seeing him for 3 months now and I really like him. I've talked to other patients in the waiting room of his office in Burlingame and I hear nothing but good things from everyone. My surgery is next week and I'll be adding in my updates.

Good luck with everything!

Yvonne:thumbup:

I didn't get to far with ThinnerFuture because of insurance issues. They want me to wait until I switch to my new insurance that covers WLS but they aren't in the network for the new insurance. Plus, Dr. Foster is in my network, but El Camino was not. I didn't realize that to start.

I like the hoops they make you jump through pre-op. I think nutritional counseling and a psych eval and keeping a food diary for a week are reasonable.

Plus I really liked Janet, the patient coordinator. I never got to meet anyone else so I haven't got much else to add.

please contact me.....I started at Thinner Future and then went to Alta Bates. I have 2 other friends that have used both Foster and Wetter. one did band and one RNY - they can tell you laods about the office, support and personal experience with the dcotors - I have feedback too

I've been seeing him for 3 months now and I really like him. I've talked to other patients in the waiting room of his office in Burlingame and I hear nothing but good things from everyone. My surgery is next week and I'll be adding in my updates.

Good luck with everything!

Yvonne:thumbup:

Hi I am going to get my gastric Bypass with Sanchez. I think I will get my surgery at Mills since he only operates at El Camino once a month. I just got approved after 4 months of appeal with my insurance company and on monday I will schedulle my surgery. I've seing Sanchez a couple times and really liked him.

I didn't get to far with ThinnerFuture because of insurance issues. They want me to wait until I switch to my new insurance that covers WLS but they aren't in the network for the new insurance. Plus, Dr. Foster is in my network, but El Camino was not. I didn't realize that to start.

I like the hoops they make you jump through pre-op. I think nutritional counseling and a psych eval and keeping a food diary for a week are reasonable.

Plus I really liked Janet, the patient coordinator. I never got to meet anyone else so I haven't got much else to add.

Sanchez is nice but I had TONES of problems with the surgeon coord because they do not care much about helping you on getting insurance approval. I was denied twice and I HAD TO DO MY OWN APPEAL with no help from the office.

FIANLY it is over now.

Karina,

Congrats on getting approved first of all. I had lapband done in Apr and its been slow losing for me cause I had also broken my right foot and sprained my left so I wasn't moving around too much.

I don't put too much blame on the Dr's offices because its the insurance companies that hesitate and make us run thru hoops.

I'm at my half way point and now that I will be able to exercise again I hope to lose the last half of my weight. I am getting married again in Oct and hope to be a size 10 at least......cross your fingers.

You will be happy you did this for yourself, just don't give up and lose patience cause it does take time.....

Good luck to you

Yvonne

It's funny, I'm reading these replies and I had absolutely no problems with my insurance. Dr. Wetter's assistant said it would take 4-6 weeks before I received an approval, and they called me back 3 days later saying it went through no problem. However, when I was living up in Washington, I tried to have the surgery and my insurance flat-out refused. So, it just depends on your carrier.