Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Delaware or Chester County Bandsters?

Hi all!

I was happy to see this thread. I live in Center City and was banded about 6 months ago (has it been that long??) in Mexico by Dr. Ortiz. I've lost over 40 lbs, and feel great, although I'm still struggling with what to eat and not on my band. Every fill is a revelation!

For fills, I contemplated the Mt. Laurel Ctr, but when I checked into it, the doctor had "only" done about 50 fills, and I was too nervous to go there. So I chose Dr. Ren's office as well, although it is a trek. Witha full time job and a 7-year old, it doesn't thrill me to take vacation time to go there, but that office is absolutely worth it! Not sure what I'll do after a year, but already my rate of fills has gone down (I think my last one was my fourth - I"m at 3.8 on a 4CC band!!)

I would love to look into a group of fellow bandsters to discuss! I could probably meet 1/2 way - say Media? Of course, if you want to trek into CC, I'd be thrilled to! My next goals are to 1) start exercising (UGH), 2) lose another 30 lbs, and 3) learn to eat healthy (most important, I think!)

I look forward to possibly getting together!

Best Wishes, Danielle

HELLO!! NICE TO MEET A FELLOW MEXICO BANDSTER!! :teeth_smile: I WAS JUST BANDED BY DR.O ON THE 25TH AND AM ALSO LOOKING FOR A FILL DOC!! [i'M FROM THE STATE COLLEGE AREA] I WOULD LIKE TO GO BACK AND SEE DR.O FOR MY FIRST FILL THOUGH.

I'M NOT ONE FOR CITY DRIVING, SO IF I HAD TO GO TO NY, I'D PROBABLY TAKE A BUS.

DO YOU KNOW IF DR. REN DOES FILLS WITH FLOURO??? NICE MEETING YOU!!! DARLENE

I haven't been banded as of yet. I'm working with Dr. Ramachandra in Darby, PA. He's right outside of Philly. I'm not sure if he does fills for patients he hasn't performed surgery for, but it's worth a shot. If anyone would like his office number, send me a PM.

I haven't been banded as of yet. I'm working with Dr. Ramachandra in Darby, PA. He's right outside of Philly. I'm not sure if he does fills for patients he hasn't performed surgery for, but it's worth a shot. If anyone would like his office number, send me a PM.

HELLO BLAZE21,

PLEASE SEND HIS NUMBER.... I'D LIKE TO GET A FILL DOC CLOSE TO HOME. ALOT OF U.S. DOC'S DON'T WANT TO FILL PATIENTS BANDED IN Mexico. :thumbup:

ANYWAYS, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!! :w00t:

DARLENE

P.S. DOES HE DO FILLS WITH FLOURO??

There is an excellent doctor in the Lancaster area also. His name is Alan Brader at Lancaster General. I am not sure how far of a drive that would be for you. I live in Maryland and it only takes me about an hour or so to get out there. Just wanted to throw that out there too.

There is an excellent doctor in the Lancaster area also. His name is Alan Brader at Lancaster General. I am not sure how far of a drive that would be for you. I live in Maryland and it only takes me about an hour or so to get out there. Just wanted to throw that out there too.

HELLO BETHMAL,

THANKS FOR THE INFO! :w00t: DO YOU KNOW IF HE DOES FILLS ON PATIENTS BANDED IN Mexico? DOES HE DO FILLS WITH FLOURO? ONE LAST QUESTION... DO YOU KNOW WHAT DOES HE CHARGE? THANKS AGAIN FOR CARING AND SHARING, I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IT!

:thumbup: DARLENE

I have no idea if he takes patients banded in Mexico. I suppose so. Yes, he does use flouro - I have had it several times. I will PM you the office number and if you call Karen (his awesome receptionist) she will probably be able to help you out... more than me anyway. Good luck!

I couldn't get the PM to work today. I hope posting his office number does pose any issues on this board. Dr. Ramachandra 610-534-6170.

Well this is weird...I just called the number for Dr Barder at Lancaster and he actually answered the phone. He pretty much laughed when I said I was trying to find a fill doctor since I had surgery with Dr Ortiz, I didn't even say Mexico. He said no we won't do that and you'll have a hard time finding anybody that will.

So I'll be heading up to see Dr Ren!

There is money to be made here!!! I would love to have a fleet of traveling floro/fill centers!!

SJ

Hey everyone from the west-chester/chester-county areas! I am in Downingtown. Have my surgery scheduled with Dr. Ortiz in TJ on July 31 of this yr. CAN'T WAIT! I am sooo so so psyched. Also very glad I read this board - was worried about finding a fill dr. and was going to use fill centers... but then I read what people had said about the $350 initial fee, and all the other fees ... uhm, no. So, I was happy to read about the Dr. in NYC that some of you use - only $100 per fill! That isn't bad. I am willing to pay like $200 - $250 but over $500, I don't think so! Plus I can hop on the septa/amtrak train to NYC be there in a little over an hour or so. No big deal.

Hey everyone from the west-chester/chester-county areas! I am in Downingtown. Have my surgery scheduled with Dr. Ortiz in TJ on July 31 of this yr. CAN'T WAIT! I am sooo so so psyched. Also very glad I read this board - was worried about finding a fill dr. and was going to use fill centers... but then I read what people had said about the $350 initial fee, and all the other fees ... uhm, no. So, I was happy to read about the Dr. in NYC that some of you use - only $100 per fill! That isn't bad. I am willing to pay like $200 - $250 but over $500, I don't think so! Plus I can hop on the septa/amtrak train to NYC be there in a little over an hour or so. No big deal.

Hello!!

I am from Central Pa. and am still searching for a definete fill Doc. Are you thinking of going to Dr. Ren in NYC? I had'nt thought of going by train!! Awesome!! Do you happen to know how much that costs?

I was banded by Dr. O on 3-25 and am doing very well!! You'll be in the best hands!! Best wishes!! Darlene :biggrin:

Hello!!

I am from Central Pa. and am still searching for a definete fill Doc. Are you thinking of going to Dr. Ren in NYC? I had'nt thought of going by train!! Awesome!! Do you happen to know how much that costs?

I was banded by Dr. O on 3-25 and am doing very well!! You'll be in the best hands!! Best wishes!! Darlene :biggrin:

Darlene - hey! Yeah, taking amtrak is not that pricey. I am not sure about from central PA, but from where I live (about... 1.5 - 2 hrs to NYC by car) the amtrak ticket is like $35 round-trip I think. I have to look into it. The other thing I could do, though, since I live so close to Trenton NJ - I can drive to the NJ transit station in Trenton, and catch a round-trip ticket to NYC for only $19. Anyhow, I would def. check out amtrak. Its much easier than trying to drive into NYC and easier, I think, than taking a bus. I am sure there is an amtrak station nearby to you - they are all over the place. Good luck with it! If you need assistance finding out about the amtrak, let me know - I am pretty well acquainted with it. :biggrin:

:smile2:HI, I LIVE IN UPPER DARBY AND WAS BANDED BY DR. REN'S HUSBAND DR. FIELDING AT NYU ON 10/31/08. I GO TO A FILL CENTER IN OLD BRIDGE NJ RUN BY GASPAR DR. FIELDING'S NURSE PRACTITIONER. I WOULD LOVE TO TALK WITH OTHER BANDTERS FROM DELAWARE COUNTY...

ANN

I live in Media, and my surgeon is Dr. Ramachandra in Darby.

Hey guys! Im from Delaware and was banded by Dr. Wynn in Newark. No fills yet though, just got mine yesterday.

hi ladies!

I have some good news for you guys looking for band fills. I am a patient of Dr. Ren's and now one her awesome nurses, Gaspar Rosario, has opened his own "fill station" in Old Bridge, NJ. His fills are $75.

Access Weight Loss Care, LLC.

Gaspar is also a banded person, too, so he is definitely one of us :thumbup:

I have gained 40 lbs back. I thought it was stress, and all the traveling I did for 6 months, but Dr. Ren and Gaspar think I have a leak. I'm 4.5 years out from the band and stopped losing weight about 3 years ago. I honestly thought I had someone ruined the band, or stretched it, because I never felt the same restriction I once had. Very frustrating!!!

Anyway, I am scheduled for a revision on May 18. I hope my insurance covers it...and if they don't, I'm going to see about financing it. Or something. Dr. Ren is so freaking awesome, she emailed me back personally and told me I am NOT crazy, there is no "window" I missed, and the band WILL work for me :tt2: God I love that woman!!!! :D

We seem to have a few peeps in the same area here. I would love to start up our own support group. I've been kind of isolated without any real person (not online) support, and I want to finish this damn journey.

Anyone interested in meeting up? I dunno, June or July?