Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going public - I did it! Pics to prove it!

So I decided to go "public" with my surgery. At first I thought I would makeup some story such as "I'm having my gall bladder removed" but decided what the heck...I told one person - they were totally supportive...so I told another - got the same response. So I started to tell everyone. Then, I started a blog. It's funny, a bit quirky...but I've posted pics of my surgery, recipes of my "frappuccino" like low-fat/cal shake and more. I'm banded and proud, baby!!! Check out my blog and be sure to comment. This is for all of us: Lise The Loser’s Weblog

i just read your blog and it's great! i was banded 2/28. I too noticed that i peed VERY slowly and what's with the pausing so much????! probably about 5 hours after surgery i decided that i might need to go to the bathroom so off i went with my IV and my nursing assistant and couldn't get even a drop out!!! later on it was tinkle.....tinkle.....tinkle.............tinkle.........................tinkle!!! must be the anesthsia or all the pain meds they put in you, it must numb your bladder! thanks for mentioning that...i thought it was only me! by the way it cleared up for me like 2 days after surgery i think.

Thank you and right back at ya!!! Bloggers unite!

Lise,

welcome to bandland... i've already added you to 'who i read' great blog.

yeahhh - so it's not only me!!! see - i knew there was a reason to start the blog! you cracked me up. seriously - thank you for putting a big smile on my face. :)

i just read your blog and it's great! i was banded 2/28. I too noticed that i peed VERY slowly and what's with the pausing so much????! probably about 5 hours after surgery i decided that i might need to go to the bathroom so off i went with my IV and my nursing assistant and couldn't get even a drop out!!! later on it was tinkle.....tinkle.....tinkle.............tinkle.........................tinkle!!! must be the anesthsia or all the pain meds they put in you, it must numb your bladder! thanks for mentioning that...i thought it was only me! by the way it cleared up for me like 2 days after surgery i think.

I had the same problem with trying to urinate. My nurse threatened me with re-inserting the catheter. Not a pleasent experience to live thru. My bladder felt like it was going to burst but I could only get a trickle to come out. I must have went to the bathroom 15 times until I actually voided my whole bladder the next morning. My Doctor said the bladder takes longer to "wake up" from the anesthesia than most other parts of your body.

Hi from Virginia. I just checked out your blog for fun. I'm going to have to find those s/f Werther's! I'm going for my band on Tuesday -- YAY! :thumbup:

Ooh - the werthers are the best - almost as good as the slimfast-frappuccino!!! To-die-for!!!!!! Best of luck with the banding on tuesday - you MUST let me know how it goes. Everything went wonderfully with mine. Just the typical swelling and mid section pain but that's to be expected. Can't wait till my first fill!

Nooo - you had to have a catheter??? Wow - that's intense. I thought the tube down my throat was rough. Today i'll be doing the MOM thing (milk of magnesia) as I have yet to do a number 2 in 3 days. Ugh. So many things to "look forward" to with the band-o!

I had the same problem with trying to urinate. My nurse threatened me with re-inserting the catheter. Not a pleasent experience to live thru. My bladder felt like it was going to burst but I could only get a trickle to come out. I must have went to the bathroom 15 times until I actually voided my whole bladder the next morning. My Doctor said the bladder takes longer to "wake up" from the anesthesia than most other parts of your body.

Lise-

Thanks for posting on your blog. I too have added it to my favorites to keep reviewing in the upcoming month until my surgery. Those pics do look scary though, sheesh!! Ha ha. I'm hoping looks worse than it is, as most things do. Congrats to you!!

Nooo - you had to have a catheter??? Wow - that's intense. I thought the tube down my throat was rough. Today i'll be doing the MOM thing (milk of magnesia) as I have yet to do a number 2 in 3 days. Ugh. So many things to "look forward" to with the band-o!

Yea, I woke up with the tube down my throat too. Once I came to they removed the tube from my throat. Said I had trouble waking up and with my history of sleep apnea the wanted to be safe. I was hoarse for 4 days.

Took about two hrs of begging, pleading and convincing to get them to pull the catheter out. Then 4 hrs later they wanted to threaten me with re-inserting it because I couldn't go to the bathroom. I told the Nurse I was trying to be a compliant patient but she was going to need plenty of help re-inserting the catheter. She laughed and said she didn't need any help. She would just give me a shot to knock me out to put it back in.

ick! i'm so glad i didn't have a catheter. there are 3 doctors in the office that i went to and everyone before there surgery has to do one last meeting that goes over all of the particulars of surgery and what you can do after and then you get your final weigh in and your picture taken. well they said EVERYONE will wake up with a catheter...i was like OH MY GOD! so my fear of the tube down my throat went to a catheter! i was freaking out...the first thing i said to my husband when he came into the room was...do i have a catheter? so he was circling the bed looking...thankfully my doctor doesn't do them!!! i knew i picked him for a reason!

wow - you are doing great with your weightloss so far. keep up the great work! i just updated the blog with some new liquid ideas for the "drink it through a straw" phase. fun! pics are much worse than it really is - i promise!!! but seriously - if you are doing this well now, you are going to get down to your goal weight in no time!

Lise-

Thanks for posting on your blog. I too have added it to my favorites to keep reviewing in the upcoming month until my surgery. Those pics do look scary though, sheesh!! Ha ha. I'm hoping looks worse than it is, as most things do. Congrats to you!!

wow - i once had a stent about 3 years ago when i had a kidney stone but i'm not sure if that's anything similar...i feel for ya - that's for sure! hopefully there is not much "after" pain. I can't believe you woke up with the tube down your throat! when i woke up it was already gone. poor thing!

Yea, I woke up with the tube down my throat too. Once I came to they removed the tube from my throat. Said I had trouble waking up and with my history of sleep apnea the wanted to be safe. I was hoarse for 4 days.

Took about two hrs of begging, pleading and convincing to get them to pull the catheter out. Then 4 hrs later they wanted to threaten me with re-inserting it because I couldn't go to the bathroom. I told the Nurse I was trying to be a compliant patient but she was going to need plenty of help re-inserting the catheter. She laughed and said she didn't need any help. She would just give me a shot to knock me out to put it back in.

I was just looking at your photos on your blog (re: cheekbones) and thought I'd tell you that the first time I saw your avatar, I thought, "Wow. That girl may have just gotten a band, but she's got awesome cheekbones!" And I'm jealous...:blink: