Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

List your lapband confessions here.

Thank you so much for this thread I have read every post. I am so thankful I am not the only one in band world that has not followed all the rules. I was banded 3/25/08. Post op day 1 i was served full liquids in the hospital so continued full liquids for 10 days before I began to experiment with food. At first I would chew it up and spit it out. After accidently swallowing a few bites I learned that I could eat food as long as I chewed it thouroughly. So I guess I only had mushies for a few days. I am 2weeks3days post op and eating pretty much whatever I want. I have only had one episode of PBing which was with bread. I have felt so guilty about advancing my diet ahead of schedule. Now what? I am making healthy food choices and have lost 10 pounds post op. I have my first fill on 4/30. Should I backtrack? Julie :lol:

JanetNBama, I just read this thread again and I'm not sure anyone responded to you. I'm sorry that you are having such a hellish year. I broke up with my boyfriend of five years at Thanksgiving so I'm kind of with you on that. Are you feeling any better?

JulieC, I wouldn't backtrack if I were you. From what I read here it looks like the majority of us rush through our food stages but as long as you are making healthy choices and not having any stomach irritation I say keep up the good work!

Stupid brownie at a party tonight. Darn that chocolatey goodness. I now declare tomorrow to be "No Fatty Carbohydrate Monday".

My latest confession...

Evidently chocolate Chip Cookie Dough meets NO resistance while gloriously sliding down my gullet.

Um, I just realized that I inappropriately capitalized "chocolate chip cookie dough". Do you think I might think it's a tad more important than it really is? Hmmmm.

I was banded 12/31. Lost 20 lbs first month - 5 in the second month. It's now APRIL 7, and NOTHING MORE, as a matter of fact, I gained a lb and a half. Talk about feeling like a failure!!

I, too, have learned to eat around the band - and that makes me feel like the old 'failure' before I got the band!! Why did I have surgery if I'm going to defeat myself??? I KNOW I need to make better choices about what I eat, but even with great restriction, I can eat way too much - I just wait for the fullness to go away, and I take ANOTHER bite.....until the whole thing is gone. It's like a MISSION with me - I HAVE to eat the whole thing or in my sick mind, I'm NOT full. What's up with that? I'm having emotional eating issues - really bad.

2008 has not been kind to me - work has been an absolute living H*LL and I broke up with my boyfriend whom I thought was "the one"....so needless to say - the emotional issues were THERE......how can I get motivated again???

I talk to my therapist about a lot of these same exact eating behaviors you describe. I've been so unhappy for so long, yet I savotage myself in my own pursiut of a happy healthy life.

I got the 5cc band filled with 3.2cc two weeks ago and I'm right back at it again. I have not lost any weight since one month after surgery, I am with great restriction but I'm sneaky w/the band. True I could be band free and gaining weight. But yesterday I ate a meatball and some Pasta and felt SOOOOO sick. I should have chewed more thoroughly, ate more slowly, bla blah blah all the stuff I know and have known since before the band came in to my life.

I know so much better but I act against it. I rarely work out, don't drink enough Water (which would help w/ the cravings, low energy, and overall weight loss). At least changes are happening VERY VERY slowly . I just need to be a little more cooperative :tongue_smilie:

My mother's birthday is today. Planned for a family BBQ at my house with lots of food offering both band and non-band options. (only DH knows of the band) chicken wings, devilled eggs, and caesar salad - were fine. I passed on the burgers, the Pasta salad, the selection of crudites etc. Was doing fine. Then I brought out the 4 layer ice-cream dome dessert...

It was melting, so I had to eat it, right???:lol:

@$%#$@ :thumbup:.

Tapshoes~ I agree - if it was melting, you were just helping out!

I made a yummy low fat, low cal Lemon berry Trifle and had my 1/4 of a cup, felt full, got another 1/4 of a cup, felt sick. Waited a couple hours, got another 1/4 of a cup. Standing in the kitchen, eating my goo, it just hit me what I was doing. so, I threw it all in the trash and took the trash out to the curb!

Why do I keep doing this - I totally know better. At least now I am doing it with healthier choices rather than a gallon of ice cream and a pan of hot brownies. But I wish I could get a hold on my "just one more bite" mentality

I am 13 days post op and have to admit that I know that I have eaten things a few times that I wasn't supposed to. :embaressed_smile:The worst probably being Triscuits with cheese (not recommended]

I don't want to say that I'm glad others have cheated but it makes me feel a little better to see that I am not the only one who lacks willpower at times. It is great to see how successful others have been, then I think .......hmmmmmmmmm........keep on doing what you are doing and you will be a big failure.

I think now I can stop beating myself up and MOVE ON!!!!

Thanks everyone for your honesty:regular_smile:

I drank some Cherry Coke. Not a good idea- I am burping like crazy! I just haven't had a Coke in so long. It tasted so good at the time.

Had inventory at work this weekend. Worked some really long hours and ate really bad stuff. Bacon Egg and cheese biscuit Saturday morning. KFC for lunch (the company provided). And a few miniature Snickers. Another biscuit today and a small bag of chips this afternoon. I had a Protein Shake and yogurt in the fridge, but I chose to eat with everyone else. I'm not going to beat myself up, but I dread lookin at the scale in the morning.

You know...even after getting a 2cc fill last week, all of that food went down just fine. I do get full quicker than pre-band and a little quicker than pre-fill. But if I make choices like I did this weekend, I'm defeating the purpose! :rolleyes:

My family and I went with my mom and dad to their lakehouse for a long weekend. I really enjoyed getting away with them. I have little restriction now and my mom stopped at this wonderful bakery on the way for cinnamon rolls and sticky Buns. Before long my dad was asking (nicely) was the band helping at all and should I be able to eat so many:blushing:. I did get full faster. Before I probably would have eaten more. Today I have an appt with my doc at 7:30 am. Drat! He is going to tell me off and I deserve it. I'm trying to get myself into the frame of mind to find it helpful and not "quiver" when he does it. It's a learning experience. Right? He will give me a fill (hopefully) and I will get my act together (double hopefully:crying:).

Had a bad food weekend all together. Ate 1/2 of the bun from a chicken sandwich I ordered on Friday at lunch....hurt like hell.....ate a salad on Friday night - but tried to eat one tiny square of really thin crust pizza on Friday night....hurt like hell and pb'd for the very first time. Ate Mexican food on Saturday night (yes we went out all weekend for different reasons with different people) - didn't hurt but I am sure I ate way too much. Why do I torture myself by eating things I KNOW will hurt? I have no idea why I do it. I won't be surprised if I didn't lose much this week when I weigh in on Wednesday.....but if I don't it is my own fault. I hate that I do that to myself week after week after week after week......grrrr.....

Night before last I ate a "Love It" size ice cream from Cold Stone. I fully intended to only eat half and save the rest for another day but..... Damn delicious stuff. I feel horrible about it too. At least it wasn't the large which is what I would have done in the past. Did much better yesterday and intending on an even better day today.

Mexican food is the devil for me!! We still go once a week to eat at our favorite restaurant...I am eating a lot less, but there is nothing healthy about my choices!!