Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies Bandiversary Month

Janine, thanks for the update! I hope you will stick with our group and keep us posted on how things go. And I hope it works out for you to be successfully banded again!

I think of you every time I do the leg press at the gym now. I lift about 140 lbs on the press, and I used to sort of tense my abdomen to help me lift the weight, but since your band slip, now I let the air go out of my lungs while I lift and do whatever I can to reduce the pressure in my chest and abdomen while I am lifting. I don't know if it helps or not but I am trying to be really careful and conscious of what I lift now just to be safe. I can't imagine losing my band...

Where is ThickChickTexas? I think we all want to hear how her mammo went. I got my final report of a huge calcified oil cyst that is non cancerous, yay! So I'm going to have a big rock (4 cm across) in my right boob for the rest of my life, unless I have a breast lift down the road and have it taken out at the same time. I can live with that.

I saw a new surgeon last week (since moving away from my old one) and he gave me a fill but first withdrew the Fluid and I was missing over 1 cc! My original surgeon didn't "check" how much was in there before adding more Fluid so I don't know if I have a leak or what. But I'm kinda hungry a lot now...the fill was modest, and now that I "KNOW" I have less fluid than I thought, maybe it's a bit of a psychological effect. But I am hungry, and my weight is standing still. So who knows. I'm just trying to work it, and continue to exercise, and if I get to about 3 weeks after this fill and am still this hungry, I'll make an appointment. I'd almost forgotten what it's like to be hungry so much. Grrr!

Juli, do you have spring break? Mine starts today, yes!

I've been reading but haven't had time to write....also been thinking about thick chick & janine....Actually thought about you janine the other day when I received an e-mail about a Gardening Conference at the Comfort Inn in Mt. PLeasant in April....I instantly thought of you!.....I cannot, however attend so perhaps we'll meet another time :smile:

WEIRD stomach ache the other night, right under my rib cage, terrible stabbing pains and nothing would stop it, this happened 4 times in the night for about 10 minutes each. Kinda felt like spasams. Did only liquids yesterday and today did eat some tuna and Soup. I was kinda worried But DH had the same problems yesterday so I'm thinking it was illness related and not band related.

My treadmill and I have become re-aquainted and I feel so much better now that I'm back on a schedule, I can "run" for almost 2 minutes now and alternate that with 4 minutes of vigorious walking. I set aside 40 minutes every morning and am starting to love it.

Oh, almost forgot. My newest source of Protein "Protein 2Go" by Designer whey. It's powder you add to your Water, 50 cals, .5 fat, 10 protein. The orange mango is good $1.39 a packet..just an FYI

sorry so chatty tonight...everyone take care

Janine! So good to hear from you! You are doing great--keep up with sparkpeople.com. Isn't it great? I've used it since I was banded a year ago. Good luck preparing for rebanding--it's going to happen. You deserve it. Thanks for checking in--you are such a great part of this thread. Good luck and keep us posted. How are the kids? Karen

:lol: :lol: :tongue: :party: :cake:

Good Morning to everyone!

I did go to the doctor for my first mamo and he did fine 2 lumps in the left breast that concerned him. We had to do a sono that same day the doctor got all upset because when I laid down he couldnt find the lump. He gave up looking for it, he asked me how old I was I told him 31 he replied "you are to young to have cancer" and sent me on my way!!

Need less to say I called the docotor "which was my Gyno" he was no help and so I changed docotors to get a second opinion and I went to the new docotor showed all my xrays he did an exam and he found another lump which shocked me, BUT he did confirm that none of the lumps are CANCER!!!!:lol::thumbup:I do have to go back in 3 to 6 months for another exam.

I left with the quickness and jumped for joy! :tongue: :ohmy:

I just want to thank MRS HUSKER, GKEYT, DEMSVMEJM, OH JULI, & EVERYONE ELSE THAT WERE CONCERNED!! LOVE YOU LADIES:tt1:

I just celebrated my 32nd birthday this past Saturday!! I had a great time with my buddies..:eek:

As far as my band is concered I have been having alot more pbing since the last fill which was back in Feb or early March. This problem just started last week, now to be honest I did drink alot last week so Im not sure if that would have anything to do with it???:crying: I ate 7 almonds and OMG!! I started coughing and spitting and I had trouble sleeping that night.

Whenever I lay down for bed everything that I ate comes to back up!:frown: :eek: Weird Im not doing anymore drinking for awhile today I've started on my Water and I hope that will help if not I'll call my doctor and make a appointment to make sure Im not overfilled..

thanks for listening....love you

:lol: :lol: :tongue: :party: :cake:

Good Morning to everyone!

I did go to the doctor for my first mamo and he did fine 2 lumps in the left breast that concerned him. We had to do a sono that same day the doctor got all upset because when I laid down he couldnt find the lump. He gave up looking for it, he asked me how old I was I told him 31 he replied "you are to young to have cancer" and sent me on my way!!

Need less to say I called the docotor "which was my Gyno" he was no help and so I changed docotors to get a second opinion and I went to the new docotor showed all my xrays he did an exam and he found another lump which shocked me, BUT he did confirm that none of the lumps are CANCER!!!!:lol::thumbup:I do have to go back in 3 to 6 months for another exam.

I left with the quickness and jumped for joy! :frown: :ohmy:

I just want to thank MRS HUSKER, GKEYT, DEMSVMEJM, OH JULI, & EVERYONE ELSE THAT WERE CONCERNED!! LOVE YOU LADIES:tt1:

I just celebrated my 32nd birthday this past Saturday!! I had a great time with my buddies..:eek:

As far as my band is concered I have been having alot more pbing since the last fill which was back in Feb or early March. This problem just started last week, now to be honest I did drink alot last week so Im not sure if that would have anything to do with it???:crying: I ate 7 almonds and OMG!! I started coughing and spitting and I had trouble sleeping that night.

Whenever I lay down for bed everything that I ate comes to back up!:eek: :eek: Weird Im not doing anymore drinking for awhile today I've started on my Water and I hope that will help if not I'll call my doctor and make a appointment to make sure Im not overfilled..

thanks for listening....love you

That's WONDERFUL news thickchick! We've all been so concerned and I'm just so happy that all is well with you. Good job finding a better doctor and being proactive. You had every great reason to celebrate! Now, back on the band-wagon, right? I had a bad weekend lately, starting with my mother's birthday party and the leftover at my house. I was telling my daughter that once I blow it it's hard to get back. She said, "If you break one egg in a dozen, does that mean you have to break them all?" Good point. It's just one egg. Or one day. Or one cookie. It doesn't have to change my whole life and my goals! Right? Good luck!:tongue:

That's great news, ThickChick! What a relief. Sounds like you're on the right track with getting the band checked. Just don't let it go too long...you don't want your esophagus to get inflammed by the reflux, and I'm sure it's hard to sleep when you are waking up choking!! No fun!

Thanks for the update!

Thick Chick,

I'm glad you are well. Thanks for letting us know.

You might want to not eat after 6pm if you're having reflux at night. It's rough, not eating after six, at least it is for me, but it keeps me from haivng issues in my sleep.

XO

Just an FYI to those with reflux during sleep...my Dr. wasn't all too happy with me that I didn't contact him sooner. I had been suffering for around 2 months. He removed .25cc and I haven't had a problem since. I feel so much better.

It was getting to the point where I was consuming the easy to get down foods like chips, shakes, Cookies to satisfy myself cause the good food wouldn't go down comfortabily.

Just my experience and opinion, if you're too tight it's not always a good thing.

I can now however, eat around 2-2 1/2 cups of food at dinner, which I think is to way too much, might ask if I can get .10 cc fill.

I do not think I'm at my sweet spot any longer like I was last fall :)

I really have the winter blues and am ready and waiting for spring to arrive.

If the snow would melt off the bike trail, I'd be happy to ride with my winter gloves and hat on!....I wanna Get on my bike and off this damn treadmill !!!!!!

I havent been on here in a couple days and am glad to see everyone is doing well..

These past couple days have been rough, with it being my birthday i just couldn't help but splurge on the sweets.. i am officially done tough.. 4 days in row is way too much... And i for one am terrified to get on the scale...

ThickChick-

Glad to finally hear back from you :-)

I'm glad you sought another doc.

Good for you.

Hey- someone needs to do a new link for this month, i don't know how?