Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Hi all, I saw the thread and was also banded back in April. I though I would ask if anyone else has had a prolonged period of no weight lose? I feel like I have not lost anything for roughly a month though am down well overall?

Hi all, I saw the thread and was also banded back in April. I though I would ask if anyone else has had a prolonged period of no weight lose? I feel like I have not lost anything for roughly a month though am down well overall?

Im there right now.... I only lost 2 pounds last month and the month before wasnt very good either. I think the weather change has a lot to do with it. Less light so more sleeping and less activity. Before the weather change I was losing like crazy.

Hey guys. Thought I'd check in. I've been on a roller coaster for the last few weeks and it hasn't been fun at all.

Luckily, my business has been going well and I was swamped over the holidays.

Unfortunately, things with the band haven't been so good. The last banding worked for a day or so then nothing and I mean nothing. I thought it would change over a few weeks and it did...to where there was no restriction at all. I could eat anything and that I did! I haven't shot up but things haven't gone down either.

I did talk to my dr. and he said that my depression meds aren't working correctly so that coupled with what's gone with the band has thrown me into turmoil:(

I do go for another fill tomorrow. Luckily my Dr. is fitting me in. He said that with all that is going on he was afraid to make me wait for fear of what weight I may gain. SO....I am keeping my fingers crossed. I feel now like I did before I ever had surgery...tired, fat, failure, miserable....don't want to go anywhere or do anything! We're hoping that things will turn around with the fill and a change in my meds. So, please keep your fingers crossed for me. I want to get back on track ASAP!

Enough about me....I see that so many of you have reached the -60lbs or more mark. CONGRATS!!! I want to catch up and hear from you guys about what's working! Let me know how you've been!

Keep up the good work!!!

Hey Mom. I am sorry to hear about your depression :cursing: I know it will get better... The weather sure doesn't help... well atleast for me it makes things worse.

My weight loss is so sparatic now I couldn't give any pointers other than work out more than I do.. which right now is zero. Seems like with all the holidays and the teenage drama stress my daughter is giving me I don't have alot of time. I wonder if all the cooking and decorating the house counts as exercise? LOL I look for anything so I can say oh I did this or that!

But you're doing fine and the only way to succeed is to work through the low points. Don't give up you will get there :scared2:

Yes Beastbron we have our ups and downs. If you read back through this thread you will see were all plateauing at different points. My losses have been hit or miss since about 35lbs lost. I lose a pound here and there but not steadily.

Although it's not the great loss I would love to have seen I just look at it as if we all keep plugging along we will get there. We are running a marathon not a race.. in the end we will all finish at different times.

Thanks Brandy. Sharing with you guys always makes me feel better. Just wish I could snap my fingers and make it all better.

Sorry to hear about the teenage drama. I sympathize! 14 yr old going on 30 doesn't help our household much either!

I took some time off exercising too. I am going to start back next week after I get over the fill...we'll have to push each other.

Hey Mom! Glad to hear from you. I had been wondering how you were doing. Sorry to hear about the issues with the band, etc. I know you'll get back on track soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

My weight loss has certainly slowed to a crawl, but I'm still doing okay with inches. Even though I haven't lost much more weight, all of the sudden people are noticing. It's perfectly normal to go through periods of plateau and the closer you get to goal, generally it will be harder to loose.

Everyone is doing so well. I hope everyone will be inclined to add pics to the April Avenger's pic site. I don't feel I'm ready to add them to the main photo gallery, but I feel comfortable sharing with you guys.

I hope everyone will continue to post. We all go through rough periods, but hopefully we can all help each other. Good to hear from you all!

Good morning everyone! I am at my 8 month baniversary today and have lost 72 pounds. I actually started dieting in January before I decided to get my band. Since my surgery I am down 52 pounds. I am in desperate need of a fill as I am hungry every two hours no matter what I eat. I have one scheduled on the 11th. I am not exercising as I should. It is cold and dark when I get home. Lately I have just felt like sitting on the couch and watching tv when I get home from work. I need to kick start my motivation! I really want to be under 200 pounds!

G'day everyone. It's so great to see everybody on here. As I'm looking back through previous posts a lot of questions I had have already been answered. Thanks for that!

Beastbron - I haven't hit a prolonged period of no weight loss yet, but I think it's coming. I was losing 2 - 3 pounds per week pretty steadily until a few weeks ago. Now I'm at 1 pound per week. I think the closer we get to our goals the slower it will come off. But, I am keeping a positive attitude. Of course I expect to have bad days, but will try to keep it in perspective as I see so many have done in previous posts.

Mom - I'm sorry to hear about your recent hard times. I hope they pass quickly. You've done great even with the setbacks you've had. You're inspiring me as my weight loss slows down.

Bea - Thanks so much for all you share. You motivated me to go home tonight and measure my inches lost. I haven't done it since the surgery. I figured I would save it until my weight loss slowed or stopped and now I'm there. Congrats on people noticing. Personally that's such a great feeling. I'm happy to share my before, during and eventually after photos. Can you give me a quick tutorial on where to find the link to post them?

Colorado Chick - Way to go!! 72 pounds is awesome.

Brandy - Thanks for all your kind words and advice. It's so nice to find this site. I read in a previous post that your wedding is coming up. Congratulations!

Thanks again to everybody for motivating and inspiring me.

Colorado- I am in the same boat right now. I just go home cook, clean, tv... I got get my @$$ moving :wub: We will get there maybe just a little slower than we hoped.

Cubs- Thank you for the congratulations. Yes I am getting married to my long time Bf on 2/7 at the best place on earth the beaches in Kuaui! When I tie the knot I will be under 200 for the first time since we met almost 12 years ago :whatchutalkingabout

We post our photos at :

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f179/april-avengers-strut-your-stuff-77921/

Colorado- I am in the same boat right now. I just go home cook, clean, tv... I got get my @$$ moving :wub: We will get there maybe just a little slower than we hoped.

I know you are right, I am just so darn impatient! lol I want to lose the weight and I want to do it NOW!! I want my magic fairy princess to come here and grab me out of this recliner, wave her wand, sprinkly me with fairy dust and.....I transform magically. I have waited for her to arrive for the last two weeks and so far it is not working! I guess I will have to be my own magic fairy princess or Knight in shining armor - I have to save myself by moving my a$$. There is no other way around it. :whatchutalkingabout

Well hello everyone! It's so nice to see this thread active! I'm so excited to see the new members here too!

I'm so impressed at how well everyone is doing. I know we've all stalled, but overall our numbers are wonderful.

Nothing has changed for me, still dropping a little here or there, but nothing big. It's tough to stay focused this time of year too.

~C

I am confused and need advise. For the last week I have been hungry every two hours. This hunger starts about mid morning and lasts until I fall asleep. It doesnt matter what I eat - I am hungry again in 2 hours. Today was different - I was not hungry all day. In fact I was so busy at work I did not eat at all until dinner at 6pm. I drank one Fresca at work and that is it. I know this is bad for me and I have not done this in a long time. At dinner I had about 4 oz of steak and 5 bites of mashed potatoes. I felt very full after this meal. I also had 6 almonds about 30 minutes ago. I ate this not out of hunger but because they put the come hither on me. My band did not like them at all. My stomach is still gurgling! lol That is all I have had today. Do I need a fill or what? I was sure that I needed one yesterday and now I am not so sure. Has anyone had this happen to them before??

Thanks for all the support! I knew I could count on you guys!

Well, I had my 8th:0 fill yesterday and I think we may have hit it...my Dr was worried that it would be too tight so he let some out and then it was too loose so more went in. He said I have a sliver...expected to hear from me today that I couldn't handle it but so far so good!!! It is different...ate Soup and popcorn last night and was FULL!!! Now as I write this, I am trying to get down a Breakfast shake and it is taking its time but going down...ahhhhh the feeling of tightness. So, today is a new day! I'm starting back recording food to kick me back into shape...hope it continues!

Brandy - I can't wait to see wedding pictures! You will be a beautiful bride!!!!

CC - I've been where you are too many times. But it was usually in a time of stress. Give it a day or two to see if things settle out then if you feel you need the fill, get it. My Dr is of the school that you know your body best.

Bea & Turler - glad you guys are doing okay....we need to get out motivation back!!! Where did it go? I talked to one of the nurses @ my Dr's office who has hd the band for over a year and she said she platued for almost 3 months but then she went back to eating normally. Not worrying with calories, excercise and such for about two weeks. Then went back great guns like she did right after surgery and BAM!!! Weight starting dropping again. I guess I'm there because I haven't worried about all that for about three weeks so no is the time to kick my butt back into it. What can we challenge ourselves with? I want to drop 10lbs by New Years and start 2009 firmly in the 180s. What about you guys????

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi Everyone! I hope you are all doing okay. I've got to get off my pity party wagon and get my butt into gear.

How's everyone? I haven't been on in so long I need to go back and read. I miss you all.

I've gained six pounds in the past month. My own fault. Eating the wrong foods, not exercising...mentally I think I just gave up. I am going to get back into gear. I don't make New Year's Resolutions...so I'm going to start before I make the decision to put it off until January.

I'm posting my food today - hope to see you all there as well!

CC - I've been where you are too many times. But it was usually in a time of stress. Give it a day or two to see if things settle out then if you feel you need the fill, get it. My Dr is of the school that you know your body best.

Thanks! Hopefully by my next appointment on the 11th I will have this figured out.