Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Update!

Good morning all :biggrin: Hope you're having a great weekend. I hit 70lbs lost yesterday... omg I can't believe it. Although the weight loss is slow im beginning to be so proud that even 1 pound a week is awesome to me!!!

I have lost an equivalent of an Irish setter now according to the what have you lost thread.

Gotta go update my ticker!! :)

Congrats! I am soooo happy for you!! You Go Brandy!!!

Update!! Omg I lost another pound. I don't know how... But I don't think I could be any closer to Onderland!!!

post-225533-13813137947183_thumb.jpg

Update!! Omg I lost another pound. I don't know how... But I don't think I could be any closer to Onderland!!!

Yeah Brandy!! I am soooo happy for you!!!

Cubs, I know how you feel. I was always self conscious about working out in front of people, especially men. I finally had to just tell myself it doesn't matter. I'm the only one who will suffer if I don't go. And like mom and your husband said, no one is probably even looking. I took two phys ed classes this semester and one was weight lifting. I was in there with all of these young, cute guys. I just finally sucked it up and did what I needed to do and you know what, they ended up being really nice and respectful. I also gained their respect by playing ultimate frisbee and the like. If I hadn't of done it, I would have missed out. Also, the fire academy cadets are on my campus, so it was a bonus going outside and running behind them! LOL!! :mellow: I didn't care what they thought because the view was spectacular! :)

I've now begun running 5Ks, yesterday I did 5 1/2 miles. You are my age, so if I can do it, so can you!!! Just start somewhere. You might want to look into the couch potato to 5K (and I'm not insinuating that you are a couch potato, that's just the name of the program :frown:). It lets you build your endurance a little at a time. I could barely do a couple of minutes at a time when I started running again, now I can do 40+. I love running and I miss it if I skip a day or two. I used to dream (literally) about running again, and now I am. If I can help you in any way, please don't hesitate to PM me or leave a message here. Good luck!!

Dear Bea - Thanks so much for all this information. I'm going to research the program you mention above. It sounds great. Couch Potato is just my speed right now!! Thanks again for the support. It helps me so much.

Update!

Good morning all :frown: Hope you're having a great weekend. I hit 70lbs lost yesterday... omg I can't believe it. Although the weight loss is slow im beginning to be so proud that even 1 pound a week is awesome to me!!!

I have lost an equivalent of an Irish setter now according to the what have you lost thread.

Gotta go update my ticker!! :)

Way to go Brandy!!!! That is so awesome.

My 20 year old daughter just called to tell me she is getting married next month! WOW!!

Edited by ColoradoChick

Hi Ladies. Sorry for taking so long to respond. My son has his tonsils removed on Wednesday. The doctor warned me that teenagers can be more difficult than little ones. Yikes - he wasn't kidding!

Congrats to everybody on losing weight and / or inches this month. I officially made it to my end of year goal! I usually weigh every morning, but only track in on Monday's. I'm trying to enjoy this victory before worrying about the next 15 pounds. I find I enjoy the losses, but I keep looking forward - does anybody else do that? I need to figure out a way to be happy with what I've done, while still planning for the future.

Today I'm going to start training for the Couch Potato to 5k program Bea recommended. Thanks again for sharing your details. I won't worry about what the kid next to me is doing, I'll focus on improving myself each day. I have never enjoyed running, but I've been over weight most of my life. So, I'm going in with a positive attitude.

Hope everybody has a great week. Gift wrapping and mailing for me tonight. That should keep me away from the cookies!

PJTP: My 20 year old daughter just called to tell me she is getting married next month! WOW!!

Congratulations CC :) You're gonna make a beautiful thinner mother of the bride :frown:

Hey All!

Brandy - Congrats on the losses! Excellent, you'll be in Onderland any minute now!!

CC - Congrats on your daughter's wedding! Aren't you glad you did this 8 months ago? I find myself feeling that way a lot! Your pics are gorgeous and I can definately see a difference. Brandy is right, you'll make a beautiful mother of the bride!

Cubs - I'm glad you are going to give the C25K a try. I know quite a few people who have been really successful with it. I'm glad I could help. Who knows? Maybe you'll find that you do really love running after all! You've got a great attitude and I know you'll do well. I finally ran today after....umm, well I can't remember how long. I know 5-6 days for sure! YIKES! Last week I had finals and then I was running crazy all weekend long. I did play a very intense game of Ultimate Ping Pong! LOL!

I'm glad to read everyone is doing well. And cubs, you are not the only one who looks forward immediately after achieving a goal. I couldn't wait to get to Onderland and now that I'm at 194, all I can do is dream of the day I get to 189! :) Although, I have to say I am really enjoying life these days. I want to loose the rest of my weight, but I'm okay right now just enjoying the journey! Hope you all have a great week!!

I am a total online guru. I spend about 10-14 hours a day online depending on how long I am at work per day. I have noticed a HUGE difference in the amount of participation in the lapbandtalk forums. The other forums that others were pushing for is horribly dead.. Did everyone just leave or go somewhere else? I am a super social person and at this point I feel like there isn't much here. I don't want to try and keep something alive that isn't.

I am 200.1 atm and I cant wait to see a 1 as long as its in the 100th spot!

I am a total online guru. I spend about 10-14 hours a day online depending on how long I am at work per day. I have noticed a HUGE difference in the amount of participation in the lapbandtalk forums. The other forums that others were pushing for is horribly dead.. Did everyone just leave or go somewhere else? I am a super social person and at this point I feel like there isn't much here. I don't want to try and keep something alive that isn't.

I am 200.1 atm and I cant wait to see a 1 as long as its in the 100th spot!

I bet it has something to do with the holidays! I try to check here multiple times per day and post. :blushing: Do you Facebook? I check facebook a lot. I do not post about my band as I do not tell many people. If you want me to add you PM me your real name. :mad2:

Ok, here is my confession. I have not seen my ex since the day he walked out on me and my girls who were in Elementary school. He left me for the woman who he is currently married. I am hoping and praying that I look 10 times better than she does when I head to Texas for my daughters wedding. I know that is so bad but I hope you all understand!!

I am retaining Fluid. I am not a happy camper! Just when I think I will get under 200! Cry_emote_by_terbeag.gif

Dear CC - You're going to knock his socks off and leave him drooling in the aisle!!!

Dear Brandy - Way to go!! You'll be in onederland in no time. You're doing great.

Dear Bea - Thanks for the additional encouragement. I did the training last night at the gym. Imagine that - nobody even paid attention to me! Way to go on the weight loss. I think we're close to the same end goal. I'm only 5' 3/4", so will just be in the normal BMI range when I meet my goal. I really enjoy weight lifting so I won't be too upset if I happen to gain a few pounds back due to large muscles!!

Dear Mom - I hope you're doing well after your recent fill.

Ok, here is my confession. I have not seen my ex since the day he walked out on me and my girls who were in Elementary school. He left me for the woman who he is currently married. I am hoping and praying that I look 10 times better than she does when I head to Texas for my daughters wedding. I know that is so bad but I hope you all understand!!

That's not a confession... Were human and competitive. Your gonna look awesome. You will be rolling in confidence and that make you even sexier! Just go in with a go get em you can't bring me down attitude and he won't know what hit him :thumbup:

I don't have anything to report as an update today still stuck at 200. I am gonna wake the house up squealing when I hit 199... I guarantee it.. They are all on alert for it already haha