Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

L2L - congrats on restriction! It's a fine thing! I'm starting to think maybe I have too much which is weird because I haven't had a fill in months. You'd think it would be getting looser, not tighter. I'm loosing at a nice rate now, so I'm not sure what to do. My tightness comes and goes. It's not constant, so I never know where I am in that arena! Kinda frustrating!

Brandy - Way to go! You have to love the compliments!! I had the nicest compliment the other day. One of my friends said "I didn't even remember what you looked like before until I saw an old picture". Yay!! People are forgetting and just seeing me as normal now!

Turler - hope you feel better soon. We all have times when we just have the blahs and I've been known to be bitchy from time to time. Take it easy and try to reduce your stress level. I know, I know easier said than done! Just know we are here for you!

Katy - I hope you are feeling better too. Good luck tomorrow. You'll be back at restriction before you know it! Thoughts and prayers are with you (plus keeping my fingers crossed!).

Thanks for all the hugs! And yes for those of you who asked, I passed this the old fashioned way! I was so horrified that something that size came out. I put in a call to my doc, but he's out of the office today. We'll see what he wants to do. This is a new development so I'm sure we'll need to have another plan.

Hope you all have a great night!!

Well, I am now on my 7th fill! He added .8ccs to take me up to 6.3 - that's only .2 away from my tighest where I had the unfill. Hope this is the magic number! I could actually tell a difference right away. I can feel it being tighter.

I am going to take it easy tonight with only liquids and see how it goes. I don't want to undo what he just did. This will be the first time after a fill that I haven't gone back to eating normally. Maybe that's been the issue.

I have been bad about logging my food:( I just couldn't bring myself to do it the last few days because it has been so bad and so much! But I will start anew tomorrow. After all, Tomorrow is another day!!!

Wow that's great to hear Katy. I will cross my fingers for you that it's the sweet spot!

Just checking in.. I am doing good. I didn't lose anything so far this week. I seem to lose on fridays and the weekend so I am still hoping.

Good morning all! Just checking in before the weekend. I hope everyone is well!

I played "tennis" yesterday on top of my regular run so I am so sore today. I put tennis in quotes because we played goofy which is why I'm probably sore. My weight lifting instructor came out to play tennis with us to break the monotony as we were all bored. They were all laughing at me because at one point I did a ballet leap before hitting the ball because I was going to miss it, so everyone started doing that. It became a big joke and was so funny. Joseph, my instructor, is a huge built guy and he was out there doing pirouettes with his tennis racket. Too funny! We had a blast, but I must have worked muscles I haven't used much. Maybe I should take ballet?!

Anyway, hope you guys have a great day and fab weekend!!

OMG Bea...that sounds hilarious! I am notorious for playing sports like that! LOL Drives my DH crazy...he is so serious, especially when we golf. I like to take my shoes off and butt wiggle before I swing! He hates it, so he says, but I hear him tell people about it and he laughs!

Wow...everyone is getting fills. For the holidays maybe? I'm scared to death to get a fill. We all know what happens when I go see the doctor. I want to be a tad tighter, but just too darn scared. What do you think?

~C

Bea thats hillarious. The best work out is the one where you have fun.. Really makes it more rewarding when you're a little sore :thumbs_up: That means you worked them hard!

Carol what's your restriction like right now? Can you take large gulps without it backing up? Do you get stuck ?

Oh I logged all my food for today already because I have it packed. I am leaving town for a concert. I will just eat out of what I have packed. I even logged the 3 shots of jaeger I brought lol

Edited by Brandy~

Ok so thanks to Katy crossing her fingers for me I lost 1 pound this week. Not alot but it's 1 less to go! now just another 47 weeks of this and I will be at goal lol. No really I am happy with anything.

I am leaving for Kauai in almost 3 months... I really wanted to be 180. I dont think I will lose that much in only 3 months now. Thats ok. I just want to be in Onderland for xmas and hopefully 190 in feb. Keeping my hopes for now since I have had a 3 week loss so far.

I was very good tho last night and today for going out of town to a concert and drinking. I only ate what I had packed :blink: I had a ton of fun and it was the first concert that I had taken my 16 year old too.

How is everyone doing?

Hi Brandy

Glad you have fun at the concert. Who did you see?

Congrats on the 1 pound. Girl you are rockin' all the time. I don't know what you're doing, but it's working. Kudos to you!

I'm back to not losing again. I have also stopped logging my food. Correlation? Hmmmmm. I don't know. I'm so darned busy these days I just don't know what it is. I'm getting nervous about the holidays though. I don't know if I'm tight enough, but too scared to risk it. Eeks!

I can drink Water like a normal person, but not gulp. There is no sipping though. I don't know if I could adjust to sipping. I have a hard enough time getting water in being able to drink normal! I don't know what to do. I just sort of hang out here in limbo land. Sometimes I lose 1 or 2 pounds, but nothing regularly. I should probably consider getting a fill. I just don't understand what it SHOULD feel like. Should it hurt? Should it burn? How many bites?

~C

I had the same problem when deciding my last fill. I went in for my 6 month check up assuming I would keep the same fill. The doc actually talked me into it. He put another .25cc in my band. I was worried the first week that I was too tight. I have since loosened up a bit. But I really cant eat much... Thats why I got the band guess. It takes me about 30-45 minutes to eat 3 chicken nuggets (I timed myself today) I can eat about 1/2 a cup per sitting. I eat alot of nuts and stuff.

I would error on the safe sides when it comes to fills because getting an unfill is not fun I am sure. If you eat and log honestly for 1 week you will be able to tell if you need a fill.

I think that I am a tiny bit tight. Historically I loosen up fairly quickly so I am waiting it out to see if that is the case this time. I have been able to get 1k in a day if I work hard for it. Probably better to have to work to get the calories in then to have to work from eating them.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Brandy I'm so glad that you had fun! Hope your weekend has gone great.

Carol - maybe you need a small fill. Don't go too long without one. You'll develop bad habits (I did). Try to log your food once a day at night. I know you are busy (I haven't talked to in a week - I miss you), but try :-)

Okay I have to tell you about my weekend. I ran in my first 5K on Saturday. It was awesome to be able to finish. I have a confession - I finished dead LAST! LOL...but the clincher I ended up running and extra 2 miles. I got lost...LOL...had the cop car behind me say "You missed your turn a mile back"...a MILE. WTF why didn't he tell me that a block back...so I had to backtrack. Finished 5 miles in and hour and fifteen minutes. My legs hurt so bad today! On top of that we took the kids to the fair last night. More walking...it was so cold my legs started cramping. But ya'll I completely a huge GOAL - I completed a 5K/ahem a 6K...LOL

I'm finally losing again. I think it is this last fill. It's right where I need to be. I need to go log my food too (Carol I haven't done it in two days myself - lol)

How's ya'lls weekend?

Brandy I'm so glad that you had fun! Hope your weekend has gone great.

Carol - maybe you need a small fill. Don't go too long without one. You'll develop bad habits (I did). Try to log your food once a day at night. I know you are busy (I haven't talked to in a week - I miss you), but try :-)

Okay I have to tell you about my weekend. I ran in my first 5K on Saturday. It was awesome to be able to finish. I have a confession - I finished dead LAST! LOL...but the clincher I ended up running and extra 2 miles. I got lost...LOL...had the cop car behind me say "You missed your turn a mile back"...a MILE. WTF why didn't he tell me that a block back...so I had to backtrack. Finished 5 miles in and hour and fifteen minutes. My legs hurt so bad today! On top of that we took the kids to the fair last night. More walking...it was so cold my legs started cramping. But ya'll I completely a huge GOAL - I completed a 5K/ahem a 6K...LOL

I'm finally losing again. I think it is this last fill. It's right where I need to be. I need to go log my food too (Carol I haven't done it in two days myself - lol)

How's ya'lls weekend?

Congratulations!!! I couldnt run a 5k for love nor money. My knees wouldnt survive :(

Leslie - You ROCK!! Woo Hoo! I'm sorry you got lost, but way to finish!! I'm so proud of you!

Brandy - Glad you had fun! I haven't been to a concert in years.

Turler - It's such an individual thing. It's hard for someone else to comment. I can tell you that I'm at a pretty good restriction right now. What that means for me is that I know immediately when it's something that doesn't agree with me, I get full fairly fast, for some things I can eat a cup or so, and still for other things it's only a bite or two. If I push it, it comes right back up. Ordinarily I could probably take a tiny bit more fill, however I have such an issue with my sinuses, that there are days when I can hardly eat anything. It has nothing to do with my fill, just mucous. TMI, sorry. If I forget to take my allergy meds, nothing is going down, and sometimes not even liquid. So, I have to be diligent about taking my meds and doing what I need to do in order to eat. It's frustrating at times, but it is what it is! So, I'm planning on staying right here for now. Good luck. You know, you could always try a small fill and if it's too much you can always have it taken out. That's the beauty of the band.

I've missed all of you guys. Seems like I've been away and busy. I haven't logged food since Thursday. I usually take Saturday off, but it has morphed into the whole weekend. I've done okay though. I hope to hear from you all soon!!

Leslie- OMG that is hilarious! Getting lost is something I would do!!! But, I'm so proud of you for finishing!!!! Woo Hoo! I guess I didn't realize you were still going to run it...I'm sorry I didn't cheer you on ahead of time.

Everyone- thanks for the info on the fill thing. I am torn. There are days that I just can't eat much, and everything seems to get stuck, and then there are days that I feel that I can eat too much. I may go with a teenie weenie fill just to see if that helps. I am really tired of these plateaus.

~C