Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Long Island?

Thanks for the hello from the south Marie. Hope you are warmer then we are...lol

Chris, I am eastern LI also. Around Rocky Point. You?

Amy

Hey Q,

So we are almost neighbors. I am not too far from StonyBrook.

Who did you get banded by? If you don't mind me asking!.

I am not banded yet, I am fighting with the insurance to get approved...

It is killing me...

Amy

I'm in Holtsville and I've chatted with someone from Lake grove on this board and W Hempstead. Glad to see there's a few more of us Islanders. I'm going throught the process with Dr. Garber in New Hyde Park. He did Carnie Wilson's bypass and doesn't quite a few laps as well. Who are you all using?????

Amy,

I'm next town over in Shoreham. Where are you getting your surgery done? I had Dr. Alan Geiss at North Shore Syosset Hospital and I highly recommend him. He doesn't make you wait up to 6 months months like I hear some docs do and he has a magnificent staff with a few different support groups.

Chris

I got right in with r. Garber as well. I started the process on Feb15 and will be done with all the consults and testing later this month. I'm happy they are checking so many thinks before surgery.

Chris you were banded on 03. How much weight have you lost???

Amy who's your MD and what insurance do you have????

Just curious

I've lost 61 pounds since my surgery. We're having a tough time getting my sweet spot. I'm getting another fill next Monday and I and already at 3.75 in my 4 cc band. My doc was Dr. Alan Geiss in North Shore Syosset Hosp.

Wow ! It's great to see so many Islanders.

I am using Dr. Geiss as well. I just love him. If I ever get approval I have Aetna

and I have been trying to get the band for about 8 months now. and of course I just keep getting fatter.

But if I do get approved by some lucky chance you will all be able to hear me yell it from the rooftops.

Glad to see you guys are doing well with your bands..

I have heard it can take a bit of trial and error to find the sweet spot.

I am terrified of having surgery. Was it bad?

Amy

Hi Amy. I'm the one from West Hempstead. My insurance wasn't band friendly (CIGNA PPO) so I went to Dr. Ortiz in Mexico & am very happy w/him. I use a nurse practitioner on LI for fills & she's excellent (see my post in the Fills section). Be happy to help in any I can. Pls. keep us posted on what & where you do. PM me anytime you want.

Best,

Karen

Wow, I Glad we found each other. Aimee, 8 months for approval , thats brutal- can anyone help with that, employer, union etc. Does aetna specifically not cover this procedure?

Hi Guys,

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I have been sick as a dog.

Karen, Thanks for the info and support. I have a good feeling that this will all work out. My Lawyer said he really thinks I will get approval. I hope so.

anyway , my son is yelling for me.

Talk soon'Amy