Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ March 2008 Chat

Can I tell ya I'm not liking this edit mode STILL and Why can't I get larger fonts? Sorry Pat I soooo tried :) Happy bday anyway girl!

Welcome Nicole!!

I was banded by Dr Bertha on 11/6/07 and he was wonderful!!!! everyone in the office is always very helpful the only problem is waiting to be seen but hey it could always be worse so I dont sweat it. I had my first consult with the office on 10/19 and had already had my lab work done as well as my psych and nutritional consult so things moved VERY quickly. when the woman who does the surgery scheduling brought me to the other room and said how does 11/6 sound my face damn near fell off!!! I was expected to wait just a weee bit longer then that but I jumped on the date and just had to wait for my insurance approval which I got in less then a week.

Good luck with everything and welcome to the wonderful NJ thread!!! the ladies here are just the BEST!

So glad you are doing well! Hey, BTW, where do I get lab work done?

Good Morning Y'all!

Had a tough day with the sickness yesterday, didn't make it to work and ran a fever all day. I lost most of my voice too. I feel much better this morning and I am getting ready for work.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT! Sorry I am late getting that to you, but I hope you got everything you deserved, wanted, and then some. Did you do or get anything special?

Kat - Hope you are feeling better today. Everyone down here has the strep throat, and I think that was where I was headed. I hope I caught it in time and don't have to go to the doctor.

Welcome Nicole to our group!

Sherry - Hope you get some help and the work load improves for you!

Diane - I bet you wish you were still on vacation huh?

Dianne - Good luck with your tests!

Jessica - Did you find the Protein drink you were looking for?

Well, got to run and get some stuff done and get dressed.

Have a great day!

Nicole - i go to LabCorp but your insurance company will tell you what lab they work with so that you dont have to pay for it.

Pat - Happy Birthday!!!! better late then never

Diane - thanks for the kind words. I have my monthly weigh in a the gym tonight so I am excited and nervous and I swear if it wasnt for the gym I would not be doing so well and I would probably be on my 5th fill by now ;-)

Betty - I have not found a Protein shake but perhaps thats because I have not gone to the store and looked yet...it might help to do that! I have until July so I am not in that big of a rush

hugs and love to everyone!

Thanks friends for all the birthday wishes. Went to Outback for dinner, yummmm. I like Diane's idea of celebrating all week.

Diane, don't shoot me, I forgot to call you on the way home. Call me tomorrow anytime. I don't think I'm working tomorrow, I worked a couple of hours today, ahhhh, semi retired, loving it.

Went for gastro consultation today, colonoscopy scheduled Apr 30, wth, I got to wait ANOTHER month. Oh well, guess they're not too concerned, but ya still worry :tongue_smilie:.

Hi girls--------Pat I am so sorry I missed your birthday---I have been having hell.

As I said, I had the sinus junk, and it went into bronchitis, the meds made me soooooo sick! Everything I tried to take made me sick! So...the first day I stuck to liquids as I was always instructed following a PB or throwing up. First day I did ok, then by yesterday---I was blocked, or swollen closed! I ran a fever of 103.4 + for hours yesterday....I was sooo sick! I couldn't swallow anything to take anything for the fever. Finally my DD brought me some meltaway Tylenol Childrens of my granddaughters, and I took several over a few hours, and it worked. Today no fever.....Anywhooooo...

So I call my band doc, he is out of town til Monday, the doc filling in for him is in Denver! So.....on to my second level of security, I called my oncologist, who had agreed to do an emrgency unfill---he is now teaching at the big medical center--the name escapes me in Scottsdale AZ. But they look through my file, tell me come on in. When I get there, they realize they do not have a needle long enough to tap my port.....so call my doc back, he suggests a Fill Center USA. I call, my closest one is in Albq. 3.5 hours away, and they cannot get me in until Thursday. Now the patient coordinator at Fill Center USA was wonderful, she is still calling me to check on me, but the Albq place sucked! The coordinator found me a center in Arizona 5 hours away that will come in any time night or day and work on me.

In the meantime, I called my Uncle who is a Dr. He has a friend somewhere near him in Mississippi, who does bands, and he had him call me. We talked and discussed this for 30 minutes. He finally told me he was going to suggest something pretty unorthodox for a band doc, and told me to totally empty my stomach---even if I had to gag myself----and then to sip quickly a cup of hot tea with sugar as hot as I could stand it.

He was thinking that I have had this fill less than 2cc. for almost 2 years, he thinks the swelling is combining with the mucus from my bronchitis, and plugging me up. The hot should break thatup he said. So I did it. Drank 1/2 a mug, it stayed down. Half an hour later the second one stayed down, and I just finished the 3rd. And it does not have me feeling full at all....in fact I feel, dare I say it---quite normal!

I was soooooo dehydrated! My BP was like 76/52 but my pulse was over 120!!

Anyway I am much better, yesterday and this morning were tough, but I am thinking I am going to survive!

Pat I hope your day was special--you are a special lady, and I value the friendship we have formed! I hate I missed sending my love and wishes for a happy day on time....please forgive me!

Will be back when I am up and around to catch up with all of you!

Hugs~~

Kat

Wowza Kat...what a thing to go through. Glad to hear you're feeling more normal today. I go through spurts.....I don't pb or throwup for a long time then all of a sudden usually just a few days pre-TOM.....I'll get tight and end up throwing up. I swear this thing flip-flops in there sometimes. Yesterday I could barely eat all day...today went to Applebees and practically finished the quasedia (I know I spelled that rong) burger, fries and a freaking apple sangria. OH Lord! I need a fill! Anyway........I'll have to remember that trick if I ever end up with that much mucus. Really nice you had someone to talk to :smile:

Love yas

Kat, I'm so sorry your'e having such a rough time, forget my birthday, it's just another year, lol, NOT a big deal, trust me, at my age, NOT a big deal. Hope you're feeling better.

Sherry, Tom who, LMAO, sooo glad I haven't dealt with that sucker for such a long time, don't miss him at all :smile:.

Oh today was beautiful, still working on taxes, took a break around 2:00, hubby and I went out on the boat, went to the local Marina, had salad and shrimp basket, then finished it up a few minutes ago. It was 80 degrees today, supposed to be 52 tomorrow, yuk.

Take care all, Jetti, when's that trip?

Kat sorry to hear that you had a rough time. I hope you are feeling better!

Pat my trip to DR isnt until July so I have a little time to find that Protein AND to lose more weight. I will be fine with not finding Protein if I hit the goal I set for myself by that time. I would be doing the happy dance all the way to the airport!!!! ;-)

Jetti, that's what I did, I set little..reachable goals. The first few were about pounds, then I gained a lot of muscle, so the weight loss wasn't what I expected or hoped for, but I was changing clothes size. My last goal was 12's now I'm in some 10's, yahoo. When you reach that goal, let me know, I'll dance that jigg with you.

thanks Pat!!! my original goal for the DR trip was to hit 225 - thats the weight I was my first trip there in 2003 - but since I am 5 pounds away from that mark I moved that goal up to my little trip to california at the end of April. that would put me at 52 pounds down and even as I type the number I still cant believe that I am almost there already!!!!!!!!! I am determined to hit that goal and I thank all of you ladies for your support!!!!!!!