Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't believe it!!!!!! March 25th is the date

Hi Busy: The lady at the pre-op place told me that I could have a sip of Water to take my Vitamins. I guess if you are not around anything to drink it would be easier. I guess I should be thankful that my testing starts so early?

Hi Bandme08: COOL! I am really excited that it will be a new beginning!

Duke and Moonshade, good luck and your right, this site is awsome.

Hopeinapril, you were told not to eat after midnight before your test?? My test are scheduled for 3:00 p.m.!! Need I say that sucks and I need to get some clarification which is hard to do on a Friday evening. I hate to think I am going to have to function all day Monday w/o anything to eat!

I was told nothing to eat 8 hours before testing.

I was told nothing to eat 8 hours before testing.

I read on the internet nothing for 8 hours so that is the direction I am going in. I get up around 5:30 a.m. and can at least get something in to get me motivated. I will have one of those headaches by test time!

Congrats on your banding date!

Mine is March 24th!

I am on day 6th of the Pre-op diet - high Protein.

It is hard and I confess, I cheated today with two oatmeal Cookies.

I beat myself up today but am back on track.

I'll be right behind you on March 26. I'm self-pay too, but it will be so worth it. Think of all the money we have spent on diet foods, programs that didn't work, hypnotists, whatever. This one is actually going to work for us!

well my surgery date is also on the 26th of this month im thankful my ins, finally decided to cover mine! good luck to you:thumbup:

That's wonderful ... I am right behind you my date is March 26th.

Good luck. My surgeon is Dr.Christopher Hart in Atlanta, GA

E.Lynn:biggrin2::rolleyes::tt2:

weight.png

Hi, I am in MA and my day is March 25th also. I am living on yogurt, cottage cheese and shakes right now. I hate cottage cheese! I had my pre op today. I weigh 282 so it looks like we have a lot in common. Good luck! PS - you are the first person I have written to, but I have been following this website for several weeks. I can't believe its almost time! I am excited but also a little scared, though I know its all good. Lisa

Hi-I am envious of all of you who get to eat actual food while on the pre-op diet. I am on liquids for 2 weeks before and then 2 weeks after, and it sucks big time. Still have to cook for the family and that is about to do me in. I won't cheat, but I could break down and cry real easy. How much freaking diet Jello can a person eat and pretend it is real food? I don't understand why I can't have cottage cheese or yogurt. Ok, done bitching for now.

Hi We definately have alot in common...I was a self pay at $17,500 too..but it was worth it...I was 287 myself...I am very happy with my decision and take it day by day... I am now down to 238....I have a ways to go but doing great..I was done on 12 Oct 2007...Good Luck

I cannot believe it! I thought this day would never come. March 25th is the date for me!

Of course, my insurance company won't pay for it, so I am self pay. I will be $17,500 in the hole, but I KNOW it will be worth it!!!!!

I am excited beyond belief. I really was beginning to believe that this day would never come!

I am SO VERY HAPPY!!!!

Hi Karen:

Welcome to the group. It is soooo tough on the liquid pre-op diet. Don't be hard on yourself about the Cookies. I'd be grateful that you stopped at 2!

Welcome to the group Lynn!

Hi Lisa! Welcome to our little group! I know that cottage cheese sucks after a while. I have used flavors like adding dry Tomato Soup. It wasn't too bad. (I'd try a little first to see if you like it). I'm glad you are writing back. It does seem like we have a lot in common. Feel free to email me privately if you want!

mmh498 - The diet sucks! But, just think you will be so far ahead in the weight loss! (I wish I had more words of wisdom!)

vcompton - How wonderful you were banded in October. I think that is great. You are an inspiration on how much you have lost already. Are you at your "sweet spot".

Hi Moonshadow: I just love your name. I will beam positive thoughts to everyone I know is having surgery the same day.

I wish everyone the best of luck. I know that Sunday and Monday are going to be tough for me. (it is the clear fluids only days!)

I am thrilled to be done with the testing. I am waiting for one last clearance. (It should be coming through - there are no problems, I just chose a busy cardio!) Otherwise, it is all systems go.

I am still very excited! I am also occasionally nervous. How are you all doing?

No not even close to a sweet spot yet..I still eat quite a bit..lol... I only have 4.0 cc in an 11cc band... so I am not even half way full...going extremely slow on the fills..just like .5 each time... once a month..but it works very well for me... but I am happy with my slow progress...Good Luck...

Hi-I am envious of all of you who get to eat actual food while on the pre-op diet. I am on liquids for 2 weeks before and then 2 weeks after, and it sucks big time. Still have to cook for the family and that is about to do me in. I won't cheat, but I could break down and cry real easy. How much freaking diet Jello can a person eat and pretend it is real food? I don't understand why I can't have cottage cheese or yogurt. Ok, done bitching for now.

Oh i know your feeling im on a 2 week liquid diet as well im so sick of jello omg,, so the only thing that curbs my appetite is popsicles , Water , propel, and a do a slimfast low carb creamy chocolate shake once a day! Im also very moody lol it"s crazy how food controls our lives but not for long hang in there take one day at a time!! Surgery is right around the corner!! GOOD LUCK!!:thumbup: