Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't lose any weight!

I have to go in for my last nutritional visit on Monday and I have to either maintain or be below what my weight was at my last visit and I can't seem to budge the scale. Now I have my period and it's even harder. What can I do? I only have 3 days left to lose 3 lbs. Now if I go and I'm over my previous weight they will make me wait another 30 days for an appointment and that's another 30 days for me to gain more weight. This whole process is very frustrating. When a drunk goes into rehab they don't tell them to stop drinking first before they'll let them in. Help me lose the 3 lbs FAST.

I needed the scale to move at one point...about 2-3 pounds...and took a laxative and drank plenty water...it worked...just had some things i needed to get rid of...High Protein diets can stall things sometimes. This should not become a habit. I only did this the one time.

I haven't been banded yet. This is the last requirement for my nutrition counseling. Deal is you can't ever gain any weight before your surgery. Each time you go in to be weighed, which is every 30 days you must have a complete food diary and be at or under your previous weight or you wait another 30 days to see the surgeon. If I had known that before I went I would have put some rocks in my pockets!

Do phase one of the south beach diet.. no carbs or sugars.... I lost 4 pounds the first two days (2 pounds a day) then one pound a day after that. Basically just eat chicken, green Beans, string cheese, stuff like that. High Protein stuff.. NO carbs though.. no rice, bread, etc.. My husband also lost the same as me and so has my sister. it's good for a quick and healthy loss.

I did a "miracle" juice detox that was a combo of cranberry juice, orange juice, lemon juice, cinnamon, splenda, nutmeg, and clove. You drink 2 quarts of it alternating it with water(over 24hr) and you don't eat. The next day you eat yogurt, chicken, veggies, and fruit no white carbs. I lost 5lbs over 3 days.

I would find a new doctor that works for you. That whole losing weight deal sounds weird. Almost military style like. It wouldn't meet my personality needs of a doctor. I am not sure I would be comfortable with people who are so strict. Good luck.

Chubby Checker, Most of the doctor I have heard about have these same requirements or at least one very close. There are a few that do not require this, but most do.

I just wanted to let you know I am so sorry that you are having to stress over this. I kinda thought that would be an issue with my doc. So I did stuff my pockets when I went in keys, cell phone, and a few layers of clothes. One thing you can do to drop a few pounds is DO NOT eat at all before you go to the doctor. Hopefully your apt is in the morning. Dont drink alot and do not eat and you will be alright. If I dont eat before I go to the doctor I show at least 2-3 pounds lighter than I would have if I had eaten. Also if you can wear cloth pants instead of jeans that will make a diffrence. Jeans weigh about 2-5 pounds and take your shooes off before you weight. Some doctors make you do that anyways, but I have a few that dont make me take them off. So if they dont require it do it anyways. Best wishes!!!!

I woke up this morning and still nothing. I think one of my biggest troubles is my darn time of the month, I always am heavier at this time. If the scale doesn't budge tomorrow then I think I'm going to try the Hollywood diet which is just a drink. I'm going to follow no carbs until then, keep drinking my 72 ozs. of Water, doing my walk and then I won't eat anything the morning of my weigh in. Luckily my appointment is at 10:00 am. I am having my surgery done at Highland Hospital here in Rochester, NY and because this is a Bariatric Center of Excellence they require all patients to take this nutritional counseling and you must not show a weight gain at all before surgery.

I would just like to say thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I have used these boards throughout my entire process and they have been like my little banding bible. It's nice to get the positive with the negative so you are totally prepared. I am getting quite frustrated but I only have to pass this weigh in, on March 10th I have my sonogram, March 11th my psych consult and then within 2 weeks I meet with my surgeon, Dr. Thaddeus Trus and the hard part, waiting for approval from my insurance. I just hope it is all worth it. I am having a hard time not drinking with meals and giving up my beloved diet coke.

Thanks for the info, I think I'll break down on Sunday and go purchase the Hollywood Diet, the liquid that you sip all day, hopefully that will work. I just wanted to say that you look awesome, you should be so proud of yourself. I hope I will be able to do what you have done. Honestly though, has it been hard?

Try this if you want: I lost 9 pounds in 15 days.

Breakfast: 100cal yogurt 1cup fruit

Lunch: weight loss shake (I used heralife 180cals)

Dinner: fish and rice or chicken and sweet potato and salad.

Drink only Water no Snacks.

It sucked doing this, but I got down to the weight I needed to be at to get approved. My dr was amazed at what I needed to do to drop weight. Some metabolizems need a swift kick in the butt to get going.

Tangerine, one thing that might help considering you are having TOM right now is to really watch your salt intake. Salt makes us retain Water. Cut the salt and you should see some release. A bodybuilder friend of mine does this to the extreme, but I've had some good results by merely sticking to fresh veggies, egg whites, and chicken breast for a day or two. The key is no processed foods.

Tangerine, Juno is correct when she states to watch your salt intake ESPECIALLY during your TOM - when your already prone to Water retention. I would change up your Protein choices and get moving - Walk, Walk, & Walk some more - get some exercise in to burn up them calories.