Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Harley....Congratulations on making it to goal! You have done an amazing job!

Special K....glad you are feeling better post surgery. I can't beleive you are jogging just a few weeks post breast surgery. You have made an amazing commitment to yourself and it's been wonderful to see the progress you have made.

I have another appointment with the surgeon today. I was given a new medication. One that has really helped with the pain. It's called carafate.

Christine

Hey, all. Fantastic to see all the great work you guys have been doing! And way to go Harley, hitting your goal!

Of course, I kind of figured that from your profile photo...

I've done v. badly, just completely let myself go. I think I've turned the corner now, and am moving in the right direction. I'm doing that reboot technique (Harley's, I think) where you start on liquids for two days, then soft food for two days - my eating habits have been atrocious, and I think I really need the short sharp shock.

I'm both sad and happy to see the forum so quiet - sad because I miss the people, happy because everyone's really kind of graduated now, and is only sticking their head in from time to time. But I have to say: it's been a pretty wild ride, and I've enjoyed being on it with you guys.

I'm going to try posting more often; I think it really makes a difference!

Going on monday morning for a revision of my Tummy Tuck. I sure hope this is my last surgery.

It's hard to put this in writing but it has to happen if I am going to do anything about it.

I was 254 when I was banded March of 08. I hit my lowest of 206 late last summer. I am as of a few minutes ago 251.

I came back here hoping to find some of the support that was so, well, supportive 2 years ago.

I have to remember why I got banded in the first place.

ajoneen I am with you. I have put off my appts with my fill nurse b/c I keep gaining. I have had three epidural and 3 series of steroid shots in my back and all I want to do is eat. I had my sgy in 03/2008.

I'm in a similar boat. I did really well, but a bit beyond the 100 pound mark I started to tread Water. Then I had a rough ride in a relationship, and allowed myself to backslide. I weighed in yesterday for the first time in a while, and was kind of relieved - i thought I'd done worse.

But still, I've regained a lot, and need to go back in the other direction.

So I am.

I've started off with (again, I think, Harley's) technique for checking or rebooting the band: 2 days on liquids, 2 days on soft foods. And that went well - I'm now on day 3 of soft foods, which is why I think I didn't weigh as much as I thought i was going to.

I'm tracking my intake on Daily Plate, and will be trying to post here regularly-ish.

Exercise-wise, I'm just walking, but that can be hard when it's hot and humid. After 6 more pounds I'm going back to the gym; it burns calories, sure, but I feel much better when I'm working out.

Not to sound too corny, but yesterday is not tomorrow. I don't think we really have the option of giving up here - Tony Robbins likes to say "When you're teaching a baby to walk, at what point do you just give up?" The answer is, of course, that you don't, you just keep on trying until that baby is walking, then running.

We have a fantastic advantage over most people trying to lose weight, and it's a question of embracing it and working with it.

So, let's get back to it!

Oh, one other thing: I'm going to keep my old signature file up, with my old weight loss progress, just to remind myself of where I was. I'll post my current weight loss tally at the bottom of each post until I reach the point where I can assume the mantle of my old sig file...

I've ordered a couple of books based on the 5 day pouch test and am waiting on them to start the part of my "recovery".

I've also made a new ticker with my back slide and am not going to update my old one for the reasons Fenton gave. (great idea!)

Im getting out and playing golf a few times a week. So there is a bit of exercise there- I don't ride & use a push cart.

Don't know if I will get back to the Triathlons, it was an all or nothing kind of thing and I burned out.

Scrappy how did the revision of your Tummy Tuck go??

I had the revision on monday morning all went well. I have very little pain. Still have the binder on and a drain so really not sure how it all looks. I am hoping to have a flat belly. He didn't weight the skin he took off just said he took a big hunk off. I had to be at the office by 9:00 monday morning and I was on my way home by 1:00.

Oh, a week! Excuse me!

It still seems really short - I've always read about recovery from those surgeries taking weeks. Perhaps because it was a smaller procedure?

I'm glad you're doing so well, Scrappy.

I only had a revision done. I was in and out of the medical center in 4 hours time. 1 hour to do paper work, 1 hour for surgery, and 1 1/2 hours in the recovery, and I guess 1/2 an hour waiting around. They took the skin off the upper part of my belly since they didn't get enough of it with my last operation last June.

Scrappy

looks like you made it through with flying colors. Good to hear!:devil_smile:

Fenton

when was your last fill? are you planning on going soon?