Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Yesterday wasn't a stellar day for me, either......

BUT

today is a new day and it will be better!!

It's really chilly here this morning......I'm not ready for Fall....I really need to eke out a few more weeks of SUMMER!

Im still sitting at the(almost) halfway mark.Frustrating. :)

I feel like I've lost my 'drive'. I was so gung-ho 6 months ago.

I need to find some weight loss MoJo. It's time to go back and look at the 'fat' pictures.:blushing:

Amanda,

I know what you are saying about missing your mojo!!! I've had a less than acceptable past week. I am trying to pick a very short term goal to get back on track. Hit the gym 3 more times this week, and stick to the rules for the next 7 days. Fat pictures might help get a perspective. You are not alone!!

I am right there with you ladies! I had a fill last week and it has taken me to that Sweet Spot...the problem is I am not using my band like I should. I am just taking the easy way out and eating the WRONG foods that go down soooo much easier! I am going to start back at the gym again tomorrow! I owe it to myself to turn this last week around!!!

I’m with the rest of you on the mojo stuff! I have often marveled at how so many of us in this group seem to be having the same thoughts, feelings and behaviors at the same time. I’m wondering if there is just a “normal cycle” to the banding weight loss process. It kind of makes sense because there are normal rhythms to attention, grief, and activity – so I guess we are in the “no mojo” part of our cycle. It also seems like it’s really important to try not to succumb right now.

So what have you all been trying to over-come this? Today I went through my closest and tried on a bunch of clothes. I was rather surprised to find out that several things that fit a few weeks ago – are getting too big. So-I took them and gave them to the Goodwill. I think that helped a bit. Maybe this is one of those times where we are losing some inches – and less on the scale? I also had another picture taken in front of the frig. That’s the first time in 2 months. What things are you doing to find your NSVs? Are there people out there who are reading? Please come in and post. It might help all of us find our energy.

I didn't feel like going to the gym tonight, but I did do some house cleaning, for 2 hours.

I did lose 3/4 # while on vacation, so that is 4.75# since my 3rd fill on 8/8/08. My 6 month bandaversary is coming up, really would like to be below 180# by then.. but that may be wishful thinking. Actually my 4th fill is set for my bandaversary, how ironic.

I see my Dr on the 19th. I don't think I need another fill. Im not really hungry. I could eat portions that are too big but I try to restrain myself. Do I want to take the chance of a fill to achieve Portion Control and possibly run into tightness problems? My problem is the one I have always had. food choice. Or drink choice if the case might be. Old habits. Eating because it's there. A little taste of this or that.

I think my only saving grace right now it my activity level, which is rather good (but could always be better). Mainly because the weather is still nice. I fear winter.

It's better to laugh or to giggle, than to eat more and jiggle.

I guess I could keep repeating that, but I too seem to be reaching for things I should not be. It seems like more now than before I want all the things that are in our pantry. (Darn kids and their food needs.)

I actually think since I haven't really gained anything, I probably keep taking just "a bit more". I am only about 5 pounds from the goal the doctor originally sent. It has been slow going for the past 2 months, but at least moving in the right direction.

I have always eaten things I probably should not have, but have tried to just keep servings small only eat things I really like and want. I think I am realizing that I don't really like meals very much. I would much rather eat 2 slices of cheese and a few crackers. (That might be why my Iron is so low.)

On the good side, I am making myself wait until I do get to the first goal of 160 to get a few new pants. I hope my ego can survive the comments from my once lovely 11 year old about needing to wear padded underware so my pants don't sag so much. Hopefully I can fit into pants in the petite (or height- & tush-challeneged) sections now...

OH YES!. . . I did something else . . . I changed my ID from RugmanForever to Desdemona (that is with an Italian pronunciation please!!). Too many people thought I was a man. I got to thinking about this and I’m wondering if this has something to do with losing weight. I have to admit that I’m starting to FEEL more like a Desdemona than a Rugman!

Amanda--it seems like exercise is your strength. We seem to have the opposite problem. I have good food choices but I'm as active as a stone.

Amanda...before my last fill of 0.5cc I was not sure I really needed one or not. I was more hungry than I had been and I was not making the right choices with the same ease as I was before. I spoke to my MD and she felt I needed a fill. I trusted her and now I am amazed at how well things are going.

I am finding it easier to make the right choices and getting full on much smaller portions, but I am not having PB problems at all. Talk to your doctor and see what they suggest.

Christine

I see my Dr on the 19th. I don't think I need another fill. Im not really hungry. I could eat portions that are too big but I try to restrain myself. Do I want to take the chance of a fill to achieve Portion Control and possibly run into tightness problems? My problem is the one I have always had. food choice. Or drink choice if the case might be. Old habits. Eating because it's there. A little taste of this or that.

I think my only saving grace right now it my activity level, which is rather good (but could always be better). Mainly because the weather is still nice. I fear winter.

I was trying to reflect what is different now than a few months ago other than the time that has passed... I was doing so good. My old habits are back and out of control. What is in my way now I feel is:

****:cursing:Husband layed off and home way to much!!! He has no weight problem and eats anything and everything!!

****:cursing:Money is tight right now

****:cursing:Out of my routine of exercise and food planning

****:cursing:Spread myself too thin with working full time, training someone all summer (only have 1 more week), extra committees and meetings and special projects, redecorating and cleaning the house (Spring cleaning that I didn't do because of having the lapband and wanting to concentrate on a routine for myself.

:rolleyes2:So now that I've made a list, I guess I need to adjust the things I do have control over.... I need to put myself back on the top of the list!!!! Effective immediately!!!!!

I can't fix money or the layoff, but I can take back the time I need to take care of myself like I should!!!

Hi Shamrocks!

Bummer so many folks have lost their "get up and go". The exercise part (for the moment) is more difficult for me. I think my band is working. Since my last fill, I can't eat as much. I don't have PB's, but I come close. Stuff that I was able to eat a month ago can be challenging, especially in the morning. But, I do find that it varies. Some days it seems like anything goes down. Some mornings, not much goes down.

I hate the scale because it is not moving. I have started (slowly) to get back to the exercise. I am mostly compliant about the food. I guess the scale will move when it does.

I agree with Tess about taking more time for ourselves! I know with school starting, things have been crazy at my house! I am praying that in the next few weeks things will settle down and I can find time to get to the gym 4 days a week!

I am looking forward to fall, and being able to walk outside (without the heat and humid air)

WestCoastMom--It's better to laugh or to giggle, than to eat more and jiggle. I LOVE IT!!!

We are all nearing the 6-month bandaversary... I too am having issues of motivation. Trying hard to keep on track, but having several "slips". Not exercising as much, but getting work done around the house... I guess that could be considered exercise :unsure:

Now that we are going to be seeing the daylight hours shortening, my walking routine will head inside... but not too soon. I want to enjoy the upcoming fresh Fall air and the change in the leaves..

Set for a fill on 9/19, but like so many others I am not sure if it is actually needed. at 5.5cc in my 14cc band I would think I would need alot more fills, but after this last one I am still seeing lots of times not being able to go past 4 or 5 bites without feeling the band..and other times, anything I put in my mouth goes down!!! My band is FICKLE....:)