Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Clothes shopping is a dilemma......I won't buy anything these days that's not on a GOOD clearance sale.....

It's a good bet that when I'm postin', I'm behavin', and when I'm missin', I'm sinnin'.

I did well for a few days last week, then I just kind of lost it. An old GF was coming into town, and that was both fun and stress-y. I don't know if I overate because it was stressy so much as because her arrival gave me an excuse to go out to eat, and since I was going to eat TOMORROW, why not just relax a bit today. But my behaviour isn't really one of relaxation, it's just pure binging. And the thing about binging is that it's a kind of absent behaviour - you're not doing it until you reach a particular end-point, you're just DOING IT. There is no satisfaction to be had.

So I did badly last week. Thanks to good behaviour for part of it, I'm only up a pound, but, still: a pound up. I'm now 8 lbs away from my hundred.

Which is pretty pathetic, considering how well I'd been doing up to July!

My big fear now is that I'll use my "I'm getting my band inflated in September" idea as an excuse to have a month of Last Suppers. Which might be more of a temptation in Paris, where I won't be able to weigh myself.

So, like, durn! Durn it all to heck!

Either way, though, I'm back on the wagon. Again.

Special K - You and your mom are in my thoughts, prayers go out to you and your family.

Fenton - No more tomorrows and last suppers. You need a kick in the A$$. And you know we will all line up and give it to you. You have done so well and without a fill. Keep a positive attitude and pull yourself up by the bootstraps, whatever that may imply, and get youself back on track

Special K

sorry to hear of your stepdad,losing a loved one is never easy.My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Fenton, believe me when I say there will be no more binging when you get proper restriction the band does a wonderful job at stopping that.I love it and hate it because i feel like I ate like a pig and only had 5-6 bites.I'm so amazed by that.It was a great idea to get my fill while on vacation because I've loss about 13 lbs so far.getting closer to the fifty lb mark.I have been so far behind.I will be going home on thursday and on my own scales so I will see the true results.

Take care everyone,will post once I get home.

Welcome to the club. I am experiencing the clothing woes also. Yesterday I had on a pair of old pants before I had surgery. I was also babysitting at the time. The baby started to pull on the back of my pants and down they came a few inches before I could catch them.

Hi Shamrocks!

SpecialK - my thoughts are with you during this emotional and stressful time.

bettyann - welcome! we can always find room for more. Congrats on being 1/2 way there!

Fenton - dude, next new minute!

MSBoss - how bad, but how wonderful! I love it that my clothes are getting loose! I'm really lucky because a fellow bander is a few sizes smaller than I and she has been giving me her clothes.

I had an odd experience today. One that I am sure will happen more often! I had my 4 ounces of food that I was going to eat for lunch. I ate about 3 ounces and I just couldn't eat anymore. If that wasn't amazing enough, I was full for 3 1/2 hours. I am loving the turkey pepperoni and cheese! (it was my lunch)

Special K, sorry to hear about your loss, you are in my prayers.

Fenton, no more excuses, you need to start right now and get back on track. You can do it.

Welcome to all the newbies this is a great support board.

I haven't posted for awhile, but am doing pretty good. I just went for fill #4 on Friday and think I've finally reached my "sweet spot". Actually, I'm hoping that I don't need to go for a small unfill since the last couple of days I have had 2 PB episodes. I'm thinking I need to do the smaller bite thing and SLOW WAY down. It was almost 7 weeks since the last fill, so I knew I was getting close. Anyway, I'm down a little over 50 pounds since surgery and feeling so much better.

Well need to get back to work, talk later. Keep up the good work everyone.

Not sure if I had a virus or a horrible PB...anyone ever experience this?

On Friday night I had steak for dinner. When I don't chew well enough it usually hits me straight on the spot. This time it took abut an hour and I started sliming and I got myself into a position where I could PB. Well, I PB'd a couple of times and then straight on could not stop. It kept up for a few hours. When i would try to lay down to sleep I would wake up with a horrifying feeling like I was drowning and cough and run to puke some more. It was a horrifiying night. The next AM I felt so sick I was feverish and achy all over. I am not sure if it was because of all the retching I did or if it was a virus. Could I have felt so bad the next day just because of the PBing?

By Sunday it was like nothing happened. I am supposed to go for a fill tomorrow. I will talk to the doc about it then and see what they think. I'm not sure if I wil get a fill or not. Flying to California on Weds with the kids to be with DH. I know I'll be good in California, so I may put off the fill.

Christine

I called and made an appointment for my fill - September 16. I'm in Paris from the 31st through the 14th, and I'm happy to not be banded then, to tell the truth. But I'm going to do my best to lose and keep losing while I'm there.

I find I work best when I have a routine. Here, I have the same things pretty much for Breakfast lunch and dinner every day - my gourmet days are over! But the consistency is key for me, I think. My life is so ridiculously overcomplicated (by which I mean that *I* overcomplicate my life) that not having to make decisions makes life a lot easier. When I'm in Paris, it's going to be a question of figuring out a new routine, and sticking to that...

Okay, well first of all I'm trying to muster up some sympathy that poor

Fenton is going to be in Paris and your challenge is a routine!!! Ok all together now "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". I think your smart not to get a fill before going out of the country. Although I think the french invented the band didn't they??

Special K good luck with your exam. You'll do just fine I'm sure, especially since you've been doing the job. I remember when I had to take the nursing boards I was so nervous...sometimes studying at the last minute is a good thing as you retain more I think.

Just got back from Florida checking on my mother. Tough to keep the surgery from her. She is in the "lets go to the buffet" stage of life. What a waste of money for me!! She was just so impressed with our little I was eating. But the secret remains!!!

Have a good day everyone. Rain, rain rain today.....

I had a fill Wednesday and felt no restriction. Then Monday was DS's birthday and I ran out to get him a few donut holes. I ate 2 glazed donut holes and pb'd for an hour. Today I had grilled chicken tenders from Jack in the Box and they went down just fine, but after the tenders I thought I could eat 3 french fries and I the fries had to come up. As long as I stay away from carbs I'm fine. Maybe I got delayed restriction because I certainly didn't have any this weekend.

I had a fill Wednesday and felt no restriction. Then Monday was DS's birthday and I ran out to get him a few donut holes. I ate 2 glazed donut holes and pb'd for an hour. Today I had grilled chicken tenders from Jack in the Box and they went down just fine, but after the tenders I thought I could eat 3 french fries and I the fries had to come up. As long as I stay away from carbs I'm fine. Maybe I got delayed restriction because I certainly didn't have any this weekend.

After a fill I find my band to be ever changing. I had a fill on 8/10 and since then each day has different restriction.. so I play it by ear and hope it will level off to something somewhat standard. All I can do is wait and see if that happens.

I try to stay under 1200 calories per day and get in some exercise. I have been losing 1-2 pounds a week over the past few months.

Saw the doctor today. When I described my experience from Friday night she explaind the process to me. She says from what I told her, something was stuck and stayed stuck through the PBing. When I layed down and experienced the whole drowing feeling with cough my saliva was refluxing into my lungs. I felt so badly on Saturday because I had "pulmonitis as a result of the reflux into my lungs"...thus the fever and feeling horrible. She said I did the right thing by switching back to liquids on Sat and mushy on Sunday.

She gave me a small fill 0.5cc today. I was surprised, but she felt it was an isolated incident and since I had increased hunger for 3 weeks before Friday she was comfortable with giving me a fill.

I now have 6.5cc in my 10cc band and I have lost 50 POUNDS!!!!

Leaving tomorrow with the kids for California to be with DH. I'll try to check in.

Christine

Saw the doctor today. When I described my experience from Friday night she explaind the process to me. She says from what I told her, something was stuck and stayed stuck through the PBing. When I layed down and experienced the whole drowing feeling with cough my saliva was refluxing into my lungs. I felt so badly on Saturday because I had "pulmonitis as a result of the reflux into my lungs"...thus the fever and feeling horrible. She said I did the right thing by switching back to liquids on Sat and mushy on Sunday.

She gave me a small fill 0.5cc today. I was surprised, but she felt it was an isolated incident and since I had increased hunger for 3 weeks before Friday she was comfortable with giving me a fill.

I now have 6.5cc in my 10cc band and I have lost 50 POUNDS!!!!

Leaving tomorrow with the kids for California to be with DH. I'll try to check in.

Christine

Congratulations on the 50# loss :)

Have a safe trip.

Planning on a fill tomorrow.... I have been stuck at 54 pounds, and I need some adjusting, I ate a whole 6 in subway sub (Bread included) and felt no restriction. Hope it works!!!:)