Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Hi Shamrocks!

Well, I did pretty good with the ice cream the other day. I got a small scoop of sugar free stuff. Of course, it has tons of fat, but I felt good that I planned for the treat and didn't go overboard!

May I suggest sugar free chocolate to my fellow chocoholics. It has the same taste as regular chocolate and is easy to count in your food diaries. And.....if you have never had it before, it has a self control mechanism. Do NOT eat too much. Look on the bag/box and figure out what a serving is. I'd try one serving to see how your body reacts. I know I can eat 2 servings of sugar free goodies a day. (4 PB cups!) Any more than that and I get the nasty consequences. (loose bowell movements and/or gas with pain) Like I said, it comes with its own safety brake!

Well, I love the humidity free weather lately. Nice break for the hot, humid days we have had recently. It makes it easier to get in some exercise.

I see some people have had fills recently. Good luck with that! When I get a fill, I always hope that it is the one that gets me to the "sweet spot"!

Edited by hopeinapril

speaking of fills----man-o-MAN (!!!) did I EVER get a fill last Thurs!! Since they couldn't find the port opening a month ago they put me under floroscope. He put in 3cc (!!!) on top of the 4 that was in there. Shortly after I left the hospital -- I realized that even a tiny sip of Water was just sitting there like a lump. I knew my stomach would swell so I decided to go on my merry way to the ocean. Well--let's just say -- I haven't been able to get much down --but it has been getting a little better each day. I called my MDs office to talk this through. The nurse there is really good and has a band herself. She told me that as long as I didn't vomit - there is no increased risk for slippage with the band that tight and at this point -- it is a matter of preference. She said that some bansters actually LIKE it that tight! She also said that in her personal opinion is that it's too tight because she doesn't think it allows enough nutrition. I agree! I told her I'd wait a few more days to see if more swelling goes down and the band relaxes. If I'm not getting more food in 4-6 days I'm gong to have some fill removed. But meanwhile--the scale is going down and that isn't hard to take! 2 more lbs and I'll be half way to my goal!

Wow, I've been reading for an hour and half catching up on everyone's posts for the last week and half.

I just got back from my 2 week Florida vacation last nite and was pleasantly surprised to see that I only put on 1.8 pounds while being gone. I tried to make good food choices most of the time, but I also did not deprive myself from eating some of the stuff that I probably shouldn't have either like pizza, but overall I was pleased with the outcome. Tomorrow, it's back to work and also back to my treadmill and food plan.

Glad to hear everyone seems to be doing well for the most part, keep up the good work.

Hello my lovlies (and Fenton, I mean that in the most masculine of ways!).

The last few days have been pretty good to me. I think I have found my new motivation. I took a set of scary pics the night before surgery, so that I can map my progress. I took a second set a few days ago. I had been avoiding taking them as I am losing a little slower than I expected. I think I was afraid to take them and see abosolutely no difference in my rather portly frame.

Alas, I see the light! There is a drastic difference in my pictures when you compare them. I mean huge, at least to me anyways! I am by no means the svelte hot little biscuit that my mind imagines me to be, but I am totally on the way! Since taking those pictures, I can not stop staring at them. This is actually working. Seriously. For once in my life, I can actually see myself shrinking.

And people, it feels good. Everytime I try to talk myself out of going to the gym, or punching the snot out of my heavy bag, I see them in my head. And I want more. Lots more pictures! Please keep in mind that this is coming from a former self-avowed camera-phobe. I am pretty sure that I would have rathered gnaw my leg off at the knee with my bare teeth and no anesthesia instead of taking a picture.

I am currently trying to work up the nerve to post them on the progress thread. I am not quite there yet, but we shall see. If I am feeling frisky later this week I may just take the plunge!!!!!!!!

BNL you know we would all like to see them as it will give us motivation also. Don't worry about Fenton lord knows he's probably seen more than the rest of us would like to even imagine (and I worked in a trauma center for years!!) I haven't had the nerve to take a picture but I am now thinking about it....

good for you....

Rugman

Be careful, it is very easy to get dehydrated especially in the summer. It is wonderful to be tight but you do need nourishment. Try to make sure you get at least your 60 grams of Protein in a day. Good luck to you...

sharon;)

You know I have to confess that I still eat some of the foods that I really have always liked. with dieting in the past - feeling deprived and then not being able to keep it up.

West Coast Mom

I think it is fine to eat the foods you really like. We can eat anything the point is we have control over what we eat. ONE piece of pizza and ONE scoop of ice cream and TWO ears of corn....etc.....I haven't deprived myself but I have controlled what I eat. I could eat a quart of pork fried rice prior to the surgery as well as eat 2lbs of cherries and a quarter of a watermelon (come on I know you guys did the same :huh2:) and now I eat all those things but actually have half of a serving and I am satisfied.

:embaressed_smile:

My Hair loss has begun. Pray for me because I will not handle this well. Refresh my memory, there's not really anything I can do about it, right? I get about 100 grams of Protein a day.

My hair loss has begun. Pray for me because I will not handle this well. Refresh my memory, there's not really anything I can do about it, right? I get about 100 grams of Protein a day.

Hey Texgirl,

Not really, sorry.

You can try taking Biotin and using nioxin shampoos and conditioners, but other than that there's pretty much nothing. Don't worry, you're not the only one going through this, post here or PM me if you need a shoulder.

Annie xox

I've been going through the hairloss thing as well.

Fortunately I have pretty thick hair to start with, so I don't think anyone really notices but me......it won't last forever and it will come back.....that's what I keep telling myself!

And don't leap to the conclusion that your hair loss will be marked - we normally shed a little more in hot weather, and stress can contribute to it. It may just be a little more than usual - hell, it may just SEEM a little more than usual. Remember that the average human loses about 75 hairs a day.

And if you're losing hair, it'll come back...

So, my weekend of excess had a penalty: I've gained a pound...

And worse, I haven't lost anything, so I won't make my original goal before I leave on Saturday.

Wah.

Ugh. I sense we are all feeling kind of crabby this morning. We'll get through this. I lost hair after having a c-section. I wonder if it has to do with anaesthesia. Also, my doctor is sending me for an ultrasound on my thyroid because it feels enlarged. Maybe they'll be able to do something about it. My friend who didn't have surgery has lost 48 lbs since the end of March and hasn't noticed any hairloss.

Fenton, don't fret over a pound you are a great loser,most of us have been yo-yoing between fills and have not lost the weight you have.

I have not had any hair lost yet.I wonder if it is because I am not restricted yet only after fills for a few days.Going to my surgeon on the 28th hopefully he will do me under floroscope to see if anything is going on.I have 6.4 in a 10 cc band.I can still eat more than a cup of food more if I let myself.

I am a slow loser and getting tired of lagging behind.32lbs gone but 10 of that was before surgery.

Pat