Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Thanks for all the thoughts you all have shared about being too tight so I'll say that to my doctor that I want to lose weight but I don't want to be only able to drink liquids if he give me too much.

I'm going to make it my goal to eat in smaller portions at a time to see if I can make myself get the idea into my head better that a small portion is enough mentally and physically.

I agree about the Protein. I think 60 grams is probably the minimum. Since I've been tracking my food intake I am getting in anywhere from 80 to 110 grams of Protein a day. I have an appt with the nutritionist soon so I'll have this discussion with her. I don't think higher protein intake will be harmful unless someone has kidney issues.

And remember everyone....I've never said this in my lifetime of caring for everyone else but now....ITS ALL ABOUT ME!!!!

Good weekend...

sharon

Hi Guys

I found a great liquid Protein which makes sure I get more than enough each day. I'm probably averaging 80 plus grams a day. It is a Protein liquid from GNC that comes in all flavors. I like fruit punch. I mix it with my bottle of Water and it tastes great.

GNC - IDS Sports New-Whey 42™ Liquid Protein - Blue Raspberry

Sharon

Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to get some this week to try. I am stalled and have an appt for Wed. I hope to get my 2nd adjustment. I will need to be on liquids and sometimes in warmer weather I don't care for the milkshake type drinks. I am looking forward to trying the fruity type drinks.< /p>

Tess

My kids and I found a fun way to sneak a small amount of extra Protein in - we made chocolate chip Cookies with whole chick peas yesterday... OK, so not quite as healthy as some other things you are all talking about, but at least the kids are trying some new things!

On a side note, I saw Mama Mia with 2 friends last night. It was a fun little movie. I think the 3 of us have decided to dress like them for halloween. Now, that would be some interesting photos to post here - flashy spandex one piece outfits with platform boots. The fact that I am even considering it is a miracle...

Thanks HarleyGirl,

I'll try the Water. Maybe that will help. Sharon thanks also for the GNC drink tip. This may be another alternative for me and my lactose problems.

Edited by MSBoss08

Hope everyone has had a good weekend!

We ventured out to see "The Dark Knight".....WOW....if you like action movies, go see it. Heath Ledger's Joker was nothing short of brilliant. I LOVED the movie!

Shopping a bit today.....had to buy a new bra....little too much room in my old ones.....which is just FINE with me! Of course, I accidentally bought a couple new pairs of shoes too.....had no intention of buying shoes....but what ya gonna do when you see cute ones on clearance!

I did go out to Breakfast with a friend today that I hadn't seen for over a year....that was fun. He actually picked me up when he hugged me....been a long time since anyone has done that. He knew I'd had the surgery and was delighted to see the weightloss. He did comment several times during breakfast...."No one can live on that much food." I just ate a few of bites of scrambled eggs, a couple bites of hashbrowns and just enough bite of a scone to get the taste.......I'm very happy with my level of restriction! It was nice!

Ok, I have been in and out of the site 5 times trying to type this, but here it goes. I seem to have zero problem sharing my successes, but failures? Admitting my failures pretty much equates to Chinese Water torture in my eyes.

I had a horrible weekend. Ugh, and I feel totally skeevy right now. I had maybe three or four sodas, which I NEVER drink anymore. They were diet Dr. Peppers, but soda all the same. For dinner yesterday, I had 4 White Castle slyders. Yes, I said it, 4. That's right, a righteous 640 calories at one meal. I really thought that I was passed that. Who woulda thunk it.

Yet, even though I was able to smash four slyders late last night, I ate applesauce for Breakfast this morning way too fast and almost got stuck. Oh fickle, fickle restriction, you torture me so......

Granted, in the grand scheme of things, this weekend really was not too bad. In my previous life, I could have eaten 4 double cheeseburgers, a large fry, chicken rings, and a large Raspberry-Lemonade (theirs is the best EVER) without even batting an eye. I also did well with my other meals, very well considering. But ugh, I am totally in a shame spiral right now. I am trying to really feel the whole 'Welcome to a brand new minute' philosophy, but I am really disappointed in myself.

Oh well, Scarlett said it best right? Tomorrow is another day, and I am just going to accept my failure, mourn it, and move on. Thanks for letting me vent!

Edited by BrandNewLisa

((((Lisa))))

that IS the beauty of it, though......

Tomorrow is a new day....tonight is a new night!

shake it off and move on....that's all we can do.

I remember so many times that I'd just say, "F#ck it, I've already blown it.....might as well have ice cream, too".....but those days have to be over....now it's a clean slate!

Confession is good for the soul......

make it good for the hips and thighs as well!

BNL---but your sense of humor and sense of style is INTACT!!! I'll bet ponying up will help you come to a screeching halt. Thanks for sharing. Hang in there with us! :ohmy:

Thanks you guys for the feedback and encouragement, I knew I could count on this group of wonderful people to get me through.

Harley, you are right. Confession is good for the soul, and I feel lighter since I posted. Putting it all into words makes it real, which makes it much harder to deal with. But I feel so much better, which is huge for me. I felt very sloth-like after my weekend binge, all gross and bloated. Ewww to say the least. To think that 6 months ago I would have felt happy,full and satisfied.........lol!

Thanks for the kind words Penny, I need as much as I can get right now!

Wow, you guys sure do have a busy thread! I was gone for a weekend and a ton of new info to catch up on...I love it!!!

First on the fill-thang...I understand that we need to trust our doctors, but when they flub up and not have you drink the barium after 3cc are put into a 10 CC band, it makes it a little hard. I hope everyone is at a comfortable fill level now, and are able to eat a healthy diet.

Special K--I would be happy with what ever Dr Miller deciedes. He seems to be an amazing doctor, and it sounds like you are almost at your Sweet Spot. Not fair that you are getting your fill before me! :-)

Protein--I have been told that as we are losing weight, we need 70 gms/day. Not hard to do, if you are still trying to get to that sweet spot!

BNL-I feel your pain. This weekend has not been one of my better weekends as a bandster! Let's get back on the waggon tomorrow!!!

BN posting the failures as well as the success is important. Today is a new day. Forget the weekend and move on.

Christine

I mix my Injury with Water.< /p>