Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Hello Marchers! I have been following several threads on this website, but am starting to think that this is where I need to be! I think it will work better for me if I find people who are at the same stage of the jouney as I am. Hope you don't mind me jumping in!

Welcome Nikki

Fenton - feel better before you go out of town,

I also leave this weekend for a week at the beach, hoping for good weather, but forecast looks a bit stormy. I am taking plenty of books please give e the title of your book, again, I want to buy it and take it along. from what everyone says it is one I will enjoy. :)

Trying to get my calorie intake back in check. yesterday I did all liquid, again. had a root canal and my mouth still hurts...so maybe liquids and mushy today too..:confused:

hi Niki-- Yup. This is where you wanna be. It's very helpful to be in a place where everyone else is around the same place in the process. It seems that we often are dealing with the same parts of the learning/feeling/process curb.

Fenton---feel better!

I think I going to call my MD today and get a bit unfilled. I seem to have a constant lump in my lower chest and I hear lot of squeaky noises --like Fluid trying to make it's way down. I seem to be able to get Water down (slowly) but even the smallest amount of food seems to cause pressure in my chest.

Welcome Nurse Niki! I remember you from the Columbus thread. This is the most amazing group of people, you will get tons of support and advice here. But watch em, they are a rather witty group of people. I have spit Water at my computer monitor because of unexpected laughter more than once!

Edited by BrandNewLisa

Welcome Niki, OK so dish. What is going on in your life?

Jonathan, sorry to hear about the blah's. I think getting sick is worse then being sick. Very frustrating. Maybe the change of scenery will help. Are you going to be incommunicado while away? I don't think we could handle that. The Shamrocks will all go into Fenton withdrawal. But we will understand for the sake of the sequel.

Hugs, feel better.

Hello Marchers! I have been following several threads on this website, but am starting to think that this is where I need to be! I think it will work better for me if I find people who are at the same stage of the jouney as I am. Hope you don't mind me jumping in!

Welcome Nurseniki....u will love this blog..we are from all walks of life and all stages of life. We have a great sense of humor and have shared many ups and downs of this transition in life we are experiencing. Fenton is our "mascot" and our only male who delivers us from evil and helps keep us on track. We talk about everything in spite of him (hahaha).....so welcome and join in the laughter and the journey.....

sharon

Fenton, feel better!! I also had some kind of bug this week and had to end my clinical class early. Just had nausea, tired and felt like the flu. It took a few days to go away.....Maybe we just put you over the edge with all our talk about the "girls".....

Thanks for the warm welcome! It can be hard to find a group to fit in with around here. At times I feel like a kid back in high school with all of the groups!

Anyway, I am a Mommy to two very busy children, married to my college sweetheart, work part time as a maternity nurse...and have been banded since March 12th! I have had two fills, for a total of 6.5cc's. It has been 7 weeks since my last fill, and I am READY for another.

I am in LOVE with my band, but I am ready for that sweet spot, so we can get this show on the road. I have lost 41 lbs, and I am happy with that, but it is time to pick up the pace now.

I hurt my back last week at work, so no exercise for me until next week, so I am bummed with that.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

I am a... maternity nurse.....

I hurt my back last week at work,

Man that must have been some heavy baby. LOL

BNL--Have we ran into each other at Mt Carmel before?

Not yet! I had my preop testing day the day after you had your surgery. And Melissa I think mentioned something about the previous day, and I said "Was that Niki? How is she?". Of course she couldn't confirm it, but she smiled really big. I think she was amazed at the networking that goes on here!

Well, I made it to support group and weigh in today. I knew it wouldn't be that great since I have been stuck for a while, but I at least lost 7.5 (yes the .5 matters) since last month. It is feeling very slow when I compare to some of you, so I will not compare! I also know I am slowly getting closer to the last part of this - today when they asked how far away from goal we were. I had to think about it, but it was really strange to say 35 pounds.

I was also getting closer to making an appointment for a fill. Yes, I might actually get over those fears yet. But then people started talking about how often they get stuck, PB, slime - mind you happily talk about it - and I decided I could wait a bit longer. Sometimes I do worry if a few people have traded one eating issue for another...

When I walked in the meeting, I was feeling so good in my new, well-fitting clothes. Then a women who was at the meeting just to gather information asked me if I had had the lap band surgery yet. I think that is what they call a Non-NSV...