Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I used the C25k to help train for the Triathlon. It is a great program. You can adapt it to walking too. Just speed up your walk at the run intervals. The music is peppy and gets you moving.

I've said this before but if bares repeating. Enell sports bras are super!! Enell Sports Bra - Welcome They come in ALOT of sizes and can also be custom made. It is a wonderful investment in your health. OK commercial over.

It's great to see everyone doing so well. I have to admit I have an ice-cream addiction. The first step to recovery is admitting the problem, so there it is.

This week I've been doing vry well with excersize. I have been on the treadmill each morning. I am down 2 more pounds and have been doing weel with the eating except the ice-cream business. I will not have anymore, because apparently I can't just eat a little bit of it.

I have an appt with my MD tomorrow, but my DH had to go the California, his mom fell into a coma yesterday and is not doing well. So I may have to reschedule in order to be home with my kids after work.

Rhonda....WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

so sorry to hear about your mother in law....

Try skinny cow products. I am also an ice cream fanatic and I love the skinny cow products especially the ice cream sandwiches...their only 140 calories with 4 grams of Protein.

good luck, please keep us posted with your mother in law...i'll say a little prayer

Hi everyone!

Tess - it is inspiring to read your story. The inspiring part is that you didn't stop, even though you were prepared for the worse. I think if we can catch ourselves before we totally give up, then we will ride out whatever issue we had!

Sorry about the MIL - sounds pretty bad.

Cool about the couch to 5k. I thought that was a typo at first!

I'm an ice-cream addict too. . . And any bread/pasta is another trigger food for me. As soon as I start with either of those foods ---I'm off and running. Part of why I picked the band is because it would restrict/prevent bread/pasta. I have found the sugar-free pops to be a lifesaver. If I do the Skinny Cow or any form of Ice-cream - I'm into the REAL stuff in no time flat. Even the sugar-free fudgsicle will not work in keeping me away from ice-cream. The only thing that works for me is the sugar free pops. It's iced-cold and flavored. I seem to be able to eat them without switching to ice-cream.

Well--- I continue to be losing more slowly that I want to ---BUT --I have FINALLY hit 50lbs which is half way to my goal and 42lbs above a "normal BMI weight." My MD said I'd have trouble with losing because I'm so short. I'm determined to lose it. I put a jacket on this AM that I wore at my dear grandmother's funeral. That was Jan 03. I'm sorry I gained 50lbs in these last 5 years but I guess I can at least say that I've taken that off and now I can focus on the rest.

Have a good weekend ladies. I'm thinking of all of you.

Don't Quit

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,

And you feel like the biggest failure in town.

When you want to give up just because you gave in

and forget all about being healthy and thin.

So What! You went over your points a bit,

It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!

It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.

It's learning the skills to get back in your range.

It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.

You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."

It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.

You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.

To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,

if you summon the will to get back in the race.

But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip,

just throw in the towel and continue to slip.

They learn too late when the damage is done,

that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.

Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,

but facing each challenge will help you grow.

Success is failure turned inside out,

the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.

When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,

If you bite it, you write it....Just don't you quit!

Hey ladies (I can say this since our esteemed leader Fenton is MIA on vaca)!

NYCM-I have been saying prayers for your MIL, I hope all is well.

Scrappy-WTFG on the weight loss! 100 lbs. is a huge benchmark for all of us, congrats on being so freakin close that you can touch it!

Amanda-Thanks for the inspiration. It is so much needed by all of us. We all stumble, what separates us from the rest is our ability to get back up. And no one can do this like the Shamrocks!!!!!

I just want to say that I don't post often, but you guys are a daily presence in my life. I read, and take everything you guys say to heart. Whenever that plate of fried chicken is on my radar, I think of you guys and say NO! I just wanted to say thanks to everyone. You guys are doing soooo very well, you are my inspiration every single day of my life.

FYI

How much Protein do you need for good health?

As a general rule, between 10 percent and 15 percent of your total calories should come from Protein. So, if you consume 2,000 calories per day, at least 200 should come from protein, or about 50 grams. You should try to eat around one gram of protein per one kilogram of body weight, or around 0.4 grams per pound. An easier way to figure this out in your head is to take your weight, divide it in half, and subtract 10. The total will be the number of grams of protein you should consume each day. So, if you weigh 120 pounds, you should eat about 50 grams of protein.

I find it very inspiring that we are so HONEST with each others of our failures as well as Celebrate our successes. Keep Shrinking all you Shamrocks! I'm down a couple already from fill #3 this week and its keeping me motivated that much more to get more exercise. I'm getting ready to head out for a walk while its cooler this a.m.

I had a funny thing happen -- decided to start wearing my pedometer on my waistband of my slacks and shorts again to see how many steps I"m getting in. Then I went to the ladies restroom pulled down the drawers, went to pull them back up, and of course as some of you may have, the toilet automatically begins flushing as soon as you get up or start to step away and the pedometer flips off my waist band right into the flushing toilet... it flushed right down but the Water kept swirling and swirling and I was thinking oh no! its going to block the toilet up and I'm going to have to tell the building services group what happened.. embarassment deluxe... but fortunately it went down and stayed down and seemed okay. So, pedometer #2 is ready for service today but I'll be more careful ...hee hee

(Just for Fenton and guys... see how lucky you are not having to pull down pants most of the time in the bathroom!)

that is such a funny story....when I had a beeper at the hospital I constantly had it fall into the toilet....good luck with the new one!! I'm at a standstill with my weight, but keep doing the right things knowing it will come off eventually.....much cooler in Connecticut today will be taking a walk for sure. Have a great weekend.

Howdy!

Amanda - I love it! What a great poem. It says it all.

Special K - too true!

I went to a Italian restaurant for dinner last night. I figured it would be no problem. I ordered chicken marsala. The chicken came out BREADED! I scraped off the bread and ate some of the chicken. Then I ate the vegtables. Yikes, even when we are doing what we should we get these little bumps in the road!

Has anyone else noticed that broccoli is the favored vegtable at restaurants now? Everywhere I have gone recently will give you broccoli instead of potatoes or fries....... Glad I like the stuff!

Just got back from a week at the beach. it was so relaxing. now to get back in gear for work on Monday.

I ate ome thing I probably houldn't have while at the beach. The wore was frozen cutard. It was jut o hot out and it was o refreshing. I am getting myself back on track. Go to my pcp on Monday, so will se if I did any real damage to my weight los.

I haven't been here in quite some time and I do admit that it is something I need to do - come and visit, I mean. It has been so good for me to read about your successes and "failures" as I find myself in the same boat. My weight loss so far has been slow, but steady. Since being banded in March, I am down 28 lbs. Not a bad start! As always in my life, I wish it were more! I have had 3 fills so far but I don't think I have found that "sweet spot". I am leaving on vacation and didn't want to get an adjustment just in case it was too much. I am noticing a few changes with my band even though my last fill was 2 weeks ago. I guess it really is a learning process. So, I am not planning on overdoing it and with a two week break from work will be able to walk each day and I find that is really appealing. Well, thanks for listening!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend! I am not in the mood to write about band stuff (not sure why - just tired).

I will be with the girls at an Irish dance competition this weekend. We will be "getting Jiggy with it"...

But, Sharon, I just had to say that I smile when I look at your posts and see that you are from Windsor, CT. My husband and I built our first house in East Granby - when we get back to visit, I still can't drive by without getting emotional. We lived in South Windsor for a bit before that. I even lived in down town Hartford when I was too young and naive to know how dangerous it was.

I have been spending so much time making Pasta and cookie type things for kids. It is a wonder I have not eaten back 20 pounds. But not every Mom out there can make sugar Cookies in the shape of an Irish dancer...

HELLO...Where is everyone tonight?