Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Howdy everyone:)

Just stopping in to say hello..I am off to the doctors this morning for a fill. I think it may be my last?? My last experience with a fill was pretty bad, so I'm dragging my Dad along with me lol. I hope this is it, and that it goes a lot more smoothly..

Just had to share, my nerves are getting the best of me this morning. Have a great day all!

~Kerri

Good Mornin' Marchers! Just checking in before I get started today! I love how many people are active on this thread! (although it does make it a little difficult for a newbie like myself)

Fenton--Welcome home! You were missed by many while you were gone; that says a lot about the type of person you are! Oh, and although it is hard to see the scale move in the other direction, a few pounds is prob Water weight, and will be back off before you know it!

Sugar Bean & Tess--I am looking at joining you next week on the program, as long as my back will allow me to do it! I have been down for 3 weeks, and need to get moving again!

Better run for now...my kids must have realized I was on the puter, so the fighting has begun!!!

I have realized I like to give myself incentives, with every 10# I treat myself. Sorry Fenton, but my last treat was new "sexy" undies. Never thought I would get excited about buying underwear

Good-bye to the granny panties :biggrin:

Still getting my walking in. even with the heat and humidity, I am heading to the mall and walking in the cool air....

My fellow band friend and I go out dancing on Friday nights too. It is so much fun and I truly enjoy getitng sdressed in attractive outfits and heading out in public, as well as getting in that exercise while dancing...

Waiting to see about surgery for a hernia....hope I can put it off for awhile... the annoyance of the discomfort is the worse thing about it.....

Take care, keep coll

Yay! Back from my fill, and I am still alive. The doc seems to think I'll only need another .5 or so. He has been (thankfully) aggressive so far, and after 3 fills I have 8.5cc's in a 10cc band.

I was happy to learn that I have lost 45% of my excess weight since surgery?! How crazy is that? It totally excited me! The nurse told me that after 6 months the average is about 36%, so after 4 months and a week with that number I felt motivated, and realized that maybe I haven't done as bad as I thought:)

Fenton, thanks for noticing the half way mark:) I am sure the next half won't come as easily or quickly, so I have set a mini goal to lose 23lbs by the end of November, and hopefully the other 23 by my one year bandiversary.. Guess I'll have to wait and see, but that's what I'm working at. It doesn't seem like that much to me splitting it up into 2 goals:)

Well, I'm off to work, just wanted to pop back in and say howdy.

I have great news ! My Brother-in-law stood up for the first time since his car accident on May 2th . I really didn't think he would be able to walk again after having both legs and his hip completely shattered along with the rest of his body . He's still in the hospital but I know he's on his way and will be walking and coming home soon !

We're thrilled ! They wanted him to take a few steps today but just standing after all this made him dizzy and faint maybe tomorrow.

that is great news, mscathyl. He will be taking steps soon. tell him we are all praying for a speedy advancement in his recovery

Tess - you may want to Google other Walking Intervals. You may find one that you like better or you may just want to stick with c25k. One day I think you will want to run. Walking intervals will just get you prepared for it.

I found some very interesting tips on treadmill walking while I was doing a search on HIIT (high intensity interval treadmill) walking. Glad you suggested for me to do some surfing on the topic!!!! For anyone else interested here is the link:

Treadmill Workouts Using HIIT to Overcome Treadmill Workout Plateaus

Edited by Tess415

Tess - same basic principle as Couch to 5k. That looks like a great site for anybody that wants to beef up their treadmill workout.

Here is a news article on Interval training.

Interval Training 101 | SheKnows.com

According to this article: "Intervals speed up your metabolism and allow you to lose weight more effectively than typical slow-and-steady workouts."

Hi Shamrocks

I can't believe my Triathlon is tomorrow morning. I am so psyched!!

My Chinese horoscope for tomorrow is:

Daily Overview for August 2, 2008

Ah, what a perfect day! The day of the Dog combined with the impact of the elements makes this day the best day of the year for you. Take advantage of this in as many ways as you can, keeping in mind that focusing on your strengths will indeed create optimal results. Do not cower from new challenges today, as others will notice your energy.

That is so cool.

Wow Amanda, that is really neat.. Horoscopes can definitely be freakishly accurate from time to time, and that is surely one of the times!

Best of luck to you tomorrow, you go girl!

:)Kerri

Amanda - good luck and have fun tomorrow! I hope you update us with how it all went as soon as you can. What an achievement just to sign up and say you are going to do this. It is all down hill from there...

Mscathyl - I hope the recovery continues to go well.

All you other exercisers are doing great. I really should be getting some inspiration from you. I keep thinking that stretching with my girls before they dance might not be considered strenuous enough. (But it does make my oldest angry that her old Mom is more flexible than her.) And certainly watching my husband run a 10K isn't going to do it. But chasing our Houdini of a dog around the neighborhood might be getting closer. (We have a fenced-in yard and now are going to have to also get invisible fencing. She is an expensive rescue dog.)

That's FANTASTIC news, Cathy! What an ordeal it's been for all of you - and how great that it's finally heading in the right direction.

And Amanda, yay you! Knock 'em dead tomorrow. And remember, slow and steady wins the race! And watch the heat!

Wear sunscreen!

And NoseKote!