Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Scrappy - Congrats on being down 100 pounds, that is great!!!

Texgirl - My hubby was in the Air Force, we were stationed in Floridia and Mississippi. I remember those Tropical Storms and Hurricanes all to well. Actually Hurricane Hugo came through WV 19 years ago. It was still a category 1. Be safe.

Hi folks

I just have to share this with someone. My hands are still shaking.

About 20 minutes ago I was bopping around on the computer and my dog started to bark and came running into the room, then went back out to the kitchen, still barking. I followed her because this is not regular behavior and she seemed to be wanting me to follow.

Well I found my husband bent over the kitchen sink CHOKING!! Since he couldn't get air in he couldn't yell for help. I did a few back blows. That didn't seem to do anything. He was heaving. I wrapped my arms around him and did the Heimlich. Man is that hard to do on a person that is straining their abdominals. Plus he is 6'1" and 180lbs. I told him to relax so I could do the Heimlich. He did. It worked. The chunk of food moved enough for him to get some air and cough. I did another back blow for good measure and then he cleared his own airway with his finger.

All is good now. Stubborn guy that he is he will not go the ER. He's relaxing, sipping Water and coughing a bit. He has some big hand prints on his back that I think might be there for a while.

I never want to have to do that again.

Wow Amanda...How frightening!!! Thank goodness your dog got your attention!!!! Glad all turned out well!!!

Whoah! Hi drama, Amanda! Now he owes you his life! It's your job not to let him forget it for the rest of his life...

Yay, SPecialK! Well done!

And Yay Scrappy! Congratulations on beating me to the 100!

And I'd have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!!!!

I'm glad you still have a hubby Amanda. Tell him he owes you big time now.

He better be treating that dog like the queen too.

And I'd have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!!!!

Did I miss something? What kids?

Christine—The situation with your DH mother sounds so sad and hard. I’m sorry to hear it. ----Thanks for the advice. After reading your post I decided to go to the emg room. They gave me an EKG, checked my blood levels and monitored me for a few hours. My heart seems normal but they are recommending a halter monitor for a few days to make sure. I do feel much better since getting check. I think it is my stomach and esophagus. I started taking my protonix again. I’m slowing down with eating and chewing better. I’m also not currently stressing as bad as I was. I’m still having the palpitations but they aren’t as bad.

Amanda---Wow!! GOOD DOG!!!! GOOD AMANDA!!!!!! AND Tell that man to CHEW, CHEW, CHEW!!!!!!!!!! ---- AND---Congrats on the Triathlon. I don’t think I could run down the block if a bull was chasing me!----------Also, the manuscripts are a royal pain in my A ---! Nothing interesting --- believe me! I’m a prof and researcher and do a lot of technical writing (journals, proposals etc) as part of my job. I CAN actually enjoy it but right now it’s just too much. I’m under tremendous deadlines which make my stomach and head hurt!

JDUB0414!!!—Hi!!! Glad your back!

SpecialK---LOVED your post of 7/30. You certainly showed your MD a thing or 2! Twoterville will be wonderful.

Mscathyl---WONDERFUL NEWS! Never under-estimate the human spirit!

Tess—Thanks for the treadmill link!

I went to Nauset Beach (Cape Cod) for a few day and stood in the ocean and let cold Water rush in and knock me to my knees over and over as I screamed. MAN! It felt so GOOD!!! I felt so much better. There must be something to that primal scream theory.

Congratulations Amanda, SpecialK and Scrappy Friend! You guys are pure inspiration!!

Christine

OMG Amanda! I am so glad all turned out OK with your DH. Sounds horribly frightening.

Rugman, glad you got the halter monitor. Always better to check it out than to worry....we all have enough stress without needless worry.

Fenton...sorry to hear aobut your kidney stone. Not a fun trip to go on! Be sure to drink lots and lots and lots of Water.

Christine

Kathy--You go girl!!! That is a major victory (down 50 lbs and in the 200's)! I am really proud of you!

Scrappy--You are amazing! I can't believe that you are already down 100 lbs! Way to go!

Amanda--What a great pooch! Thank goodness for listening to the dog and saving your DH's life! I can only imagine how terrified you were!

I am off to the pool to work on my back. I am hoping to start the couch25k program this week, at least if I can get it to loosen up.

I am off to the pool to work on my back. I am hoping to start the couch25k program this week, at least if I can get it to loosen up.

The back can be a really hard thing to loosen up. I use a TENs unit on my lower back to help improve the blood circulation and pain before or after a workout.

Is that something you can buy, or is it a RX that you need to get from the doctor? I felt good in the pool, but I am starting to feel it again.