Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Good luck Amanda! Hope the weather holds out.

We should keep in touch, maybe next year I can attempt it with you!

Christine

I'm back. I finished and I wasn't even dead last!!

It was great. I got a medal!!! Now I'm hooked.

I need a new goal. Unfortunately there isn't another Tri (at this length) in my area again until next April. Im thinking about a 5k fun run. Seems there is one of those every weekend somewhere.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I couldn't have gotten where I am without my Shrinking Shamrocks!!

Christine- Sure when you're ready to start training let me know. I think most folks don't do this because they are afraid of the swim leg. If you are a good swimmer you will be ahead of the game, if not it is easy enough to learn. I really good book to read is Slow Fat Triathlete, By Jayne Williams.

Edited by ajoneen

good job amanda

congratulations Amanda!!! did you think this time last year you would be doing this!! Absolutely not....great job....

Yes, I changed my avatar this a.m. to reflect that I'm tooting my own horn for getting to Twoterville as of this a.m.!!!! 299.... who would of guessed I'd proudly proclaim that only to those who really understand how I feel -- won't be sharing the actual number with family and friends who had no idea what my weight was so I don't really feel up to telling them this number at this point. Maybe later...

Second, I updated my ticker and it showed my BMI has dropped below 50! :teeth_smile:

By my doctors office I have crossed the 50 lbs mark, but I have just a teensy bit more to go by my scale and tracking but I'm hopeful I'll Celebrate that golden moment this week.

post-226326-13813137405201_thumb.gif

Yay, Amanda! That's fantastic!

And even better is the fact that you're now motivated to do more...

I've had kind of an up and down week. I'm back on the wagon, did well with my eating most of the week, did merely OK on Friday, then on Saturday and this morning, I passed a kidney stone (my first!), with which I actually managed to finish the day with Negative Calories! Bring on the weight loss, I say!

congratulations special K on arriving at a new threshold....

congratulations on passing your kidney stone...I know you probably thought it was a boulder but as you know its only the size of a grain of sand most of the time.....now drink drink drink (Water that is)

I have been doing "ok" at a standstill although have been eating the right things. Debating on whether I get more of a fill this week. I have good restriction but do have times I can take in more than I think I should. Don't know if its because I've waited too long to eat or I'm just really hungry..... up to 35lbs now....so I'm happy...slow and steady....

enjoy the weekend guys (or whats left of it)

sharon:)

Yippeee Special K!! You are in Twoterville! Yes, that is a big accomplishment. I think my highest was around 310, but it is so nice to know that I will never see that 3 again. Keep up the good work. Sometime next year you will be knocking on Onderland's door. First concentrate on the 100 pound loss. (half way there)

congrats special K

Well I did it I am now 100 pounds less than my highest weight!

Still need to change my ticker and don't have time now, but wanted to share.

OK Fenton now its your turn.

Congratulations Special K thats great!

Scappy Friend what a wonderful milestone for you, I can't wait to get there myself!

I have been at a standstill for almost 6 weeks, playing with the same two pounds! I got a fill, lost about 10 pounds but was so tight it was very difficult for about 4 weeks. Now about 4 weeks after that I am in the same plateau. I can't eat much of anything until after noon then light for lunch. Most evenings can eat almost anything. Any advice, should I get a fill or just keep hangin in there? I am averaging between 900-1000 cals a day and excercising about 3-4 times a week. I am a little leary about another fill since I had such a rough time after the last.

Thanks for being here, I am very proud to be in this group.

Julie

Congratulations Special K!!!!! WTG

Fenton - picked up your book today... can't wait to get started on it.

Glad to see everyone doing so well, and to those who are struggling it will get better

Everyone is doing so good! I've hurt my foot so I'm not exercising until after I see someone about it next week. I seem to stay stalled, but at least I'm not gaining. I was supposed to have a fill last week but it was cancelled and I couldn't get another appointment until August 13th. Hopefully that will kick start more losing. In other news, we are facing a tropical storm/hurricane this week. Hopefully it won't cause too much damage. In 2005 we suffered a direct hit from Hurricane Rita and after evacuating, couldn't come back home for over 2 weeks. When we were able to get back, there were 2 trees on the house. Rita was a Category 3 though and hopefully, Edouard will stay a tropical storm.

Kathy and Rhonda those are huge victories. :biggrin:

Jonathan welcome back to bandlandia. Sorry about the stone. :smile:

Julie I think you are smart to be wary of another fill. I seem tighter in the AM too. Are you logging your foods or just keeping a rough count? When you're exercising are you doing the same old stuff. Maybe you need to shake it up a bit. :confused2: