Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I find that if I eat Breakfast I am hungrier throughout the day. Especially if I have a high carb Breakfast. If I have eggs I am good for a few hours. I guess it goes along with my all or none mentality (which I am working on changing). Yesterday and today I have done really well with my eating and excersize.

I am really stressed right now. My DH (I don't mean "dear" right now) took our 3 kids to California to visit his family ( I told him not to). You would think I would be having a blast enjoying my solitude but nooooo. They were supposed to be back on Friday. We fly standby, my DH works for an airline. We can only fly if there are empty seats. No seats all day yesterday and not looking good for today. This would be no sweat if we did not have a big party planned tomorrow for my DS and DD. So, if they don't make the red-eye tonight I will be calling 30 people tomorrow morning to cancel our party...and I have a beautiful cake sitting upstairs to feed about 50 people...that will need to be disposed of. If you are the praying type, could you give a shout out that they make it home before 1 tomorrow afternoon....and that I don't eat that cake if the party does not happen.

Going for a walk now. Too stressed to stay in the house alone.

Christine

Man Christine that sucks about the kids. But you seem to be staying on plan, so WAY TO GO!!

JDUB0414- good results with the Bugg.

Success on the bra front so the treadmill shouldn't be as pounding.

JDub - where did you get your bugg at that price? I see that they have them for $50 off at 24hourfitness.com for the rest of the month.

Christine, you can handle it. You understand your options, you'll make the right decision.

Nice tat harley...

I got my first fill on Thursday, 2 cc's in a 10 cc band. Doc said I wouldn't feel any restriction, and I don't... but I do feel like there's just a little pressure. I have an air issue, but that seems to be ok too. I'm not eating normally, but almost.

I'm ready for another fill already. It's really hard to be patient when it seems like I've waited my whole life for this opportunity.

I'm ready for it to work now.

Harley the tattoo is great. I love the compass rose. Is it on your arm or leg? What were you rewarding for? When I hit 200 Im getting the shamrock over my port.

I off to go buy a new sports bra. So if you don't hear from me in a couple of days it's because I'm crumpled on the floor of the changing room tied in knots of spandex. Fenton you are soooo lucky you don't have to deal with bras:cursing:

It's on the inside of my right forearm.......I really don't know exactly what I'm rewarding for.....just for doing this and coming this far. I guess it's more of an incentive than a reward.....a visual reminder to stay on course. I look at it with every spoonful of food!

I laughed thinking of you in your sports bra straight jacket....hope the search went okay!

Glad everyone seems to be progressing nicely. I have an appointment on Monday for a fill,but I don't think I am ready for one quite yet. I'll go in to talk to the doctor on Monday and I'll let you know what we decide! Hope you are all enjoying the weekend.

Erika

JDub - where did you get your bugg at that price? I see that they have them for $50 off at 24hourfitness.com for the rest of the month.

Christine, you can handle it. You understand your options, you'll make the right decision.

Fenton,

I got it off the 24hourfitness website. It was $75 off then. A couple days later it went back up to 250....I bought my husband one for his bday. He loves it as well. He was going to get the surgery but thinks he's going to wait since he's lost 35 lbs just dieting with me since my band.

Love the tat Harley! What a great reward for yourself! The meaning is neat, as well as the placement.. A constant reminder of where you are going and how far you've come.. You go girl!

JDUB- Congrats to you and your husband! What an accomplishment to make your home healthy and be on the right track! I think it's safe to say that he is one lucky fella to have you around:) Keep up the good work!

Erika- Just curious if you've had a fill yet? What is the deciding factor for not needing a fill? I still haven't had one yet, but it's coming up. I'm wondering how to figure it out?? I can eat a little more than 4oz now, and on occasion am hungry. BUT, I have been plateaued for over 2 weeks now. Just curious where you were at, if you don't mind me asking? I'm kind of confused with the whole fill thing!

Christine- I hope everything turns out in your favor today! If it happens to not work out, I would rid of that cake ASAP! What a nasty thing to have around in a time of frustration:( As I have said before , my sister says that she dumps ketchup on anything tempting.. That way she won't be found ravaging through the garbage for a taste lol.. I'd cover that frosting with a nice thick layer of ketchup.. mmmmm.. Not so tempting anymore, eh? Best of luck to you:)

I hope everyone has had a fabulous weekend. I can't believe it is already Sunday! Time to get ready for the week..:huh2:

Well, the cake is in a neighbor's freezer. I put it there right after making all those phone calls this AM cancelling the party. DH is still trying to get home with the kids.

I have started packing up some stuff around the house. We will be putting it on the market soon, so I am trying to de-clutter. Keeping busy and if I start to feel like munching I have a plan to visit a friend.

Today was weigh in day. I lost a pound!!!! I am thrilled with this considering I ate a whole box of Girl Scout Cookies on Thursday. Imagine what my loss would have been without those extra calories and carbs from those. I have been looking over my food journals and there is a strong correlation between Protein and loss. I really have to go low carb or else I don't lose. I can have 900 calories and day and not lose if they are carb calories. I can have more calories and lose more with less carbs and noticably more protien.

So that's the plan for the next few weeks.

Christine

Edited by nycm00

Christine- I really hope you're enjoying the party right now but if not dont just dump the cake. Take it to your local firehouse. Those guys&gals enjoy a sweet treat and can burn the calories just looking at it. Just a thought.

opps we posted at the same time.

Why are you moving?

Edited by ajoneen

Ugh! Temptation!! I really really wanted a piece of toast today. Damn bread is my biggest temptation and it's been a month! So I tried some.. and it was delicious!! Sadly I felt it all get stuck and thought.. I better go walk or stretch or something to help this food get unstuck. Yeah nothing worked.. I kept burping and my saliva was not going through...pain pain pain!! Then all of a sudden it just all came back up. Gross!!!!!!! Seriously was so glad to have a bunch of napkins on hand in an empty cafeteria. NO MORE BREAD!!!

Ugh! Temptation!! I really really wanted a piece of toast today. Damn bread is my biggest temptation and it's been a month! So I tried some.. and it was delicious!! Sadly I felt it all get stuck and thought.. I better go walk or stretch or something to help this food get unstuck. Yeah nothing worked.. I kept burping and my saliva was not going through...pain pain pain!! Then all of a sudden it just all came back up. Gross!!!!!!! Seriously was so glad to have a bunch of napkins on hand in an empty cafeteria. NO MORE BREAD!!!

Thanks for the reminder.....I've been thinking about Peanut Butter toast all morning.....your cautionary tale was perfect timing!

It amazes me how many seem to have good restriction without getting a fill. I have had a fill of 3cc in my 10cc band and have not had a PB or a slime. (Seriously not complaining about that!) If I don't chew my meat well enough I feel a bit of pressure...what I know is a sign to slow the heck down before something bad will happen, but no PB or slime. I plan on getting another fill on Friday.

I guess I just feel a bit jealous of you guys who feel the restircion without the fills.

Christine

so when did your dr think you would feel restriction? i have a 10cc also and i travel 9 hrs for a fill. my first one is may 1. i am really anxious to get started and to lose some weight and i am really struggling right now. thanks for any info.