Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Christine - you're more than welcome for the SFO. And congrats on the loss so far!

You snowbound folk! Stop talking about the snow! I got NONE last year, and I love that stuff!

Lynn: 45 mins for 3 miles is GREAT!

Greetings Shamrocks!

I have to say that even though my scale isn't moving down as fast as I like, it is moving down. I will take that any day over the other choice. I only weigh myself once a week. It was driving me crazy to do it any more than that.

I actually had a neighbor ask me if I was loosing weight. It was nice, but I don't truly expect anyone to notice for a while. I was pushing it on my clothes. I was probably a size higher than I am wearing now, but just refused to buy any more clothes. The good news now is that my clothes are starting to fit better. We have a clothing exchange through my local support group. I hope to give to it (and get some new stuff) in the fall. I think they are having one next month, but I don't see that my clothes will be that loose. I (like most of us) also have multiple sizes in my closet. I hope I buzz through them quickly. I got rid of all the "regular" sizes about a year ago. I realized that if I do get to a size 10 or 12 I will happily buy myself new stuff.

I also have pain on my left side below my ribs. I don't feel my port. It is in a chubby spot for me. I still feel aches and pains at times. Mostly when I am very active. Especially if I moving up and down. I agree that a lot of us are not healed on the inside yet. It is why I am being extra careful.

Walking today was fun. I don't know that I will walk every day, but walking about an hour 3-4 times a week might work out better for me. There are just a couple of days in my week that I don't have any spare time.

Well, shamrocks, my one month bandiversary is coming up this week. Hard to believe it is here already!

I can always feel my port but after exercising it feels much bigger, or closer to the skin or something. We had a crawfish boil yesterday and I drank too much. I told myself I'd have a glass of Water between each drink but that didn't happen. It was really so much fun though I did go over my calories. Today I weighed thinking to be devastated by the scale and it actually moved! 3lbs!!!!! It hasn't moved in something like 2 1/2 weeks!

I also feel my port.I am getting my first fill on tuesday,I'm so excited,I want to feel that full feeling again and not be hungery.This last week the scale is like a yo -yo between 261 and 265.I was also banded mar25 My pre-surgery weight was 285.

I'm still trying to figure out how to set up this ticker thing everyone has not having much luck:confused:

I started using the body bugg yesterday and I really like it so far. The only thing that sucks is the website doesnt have a lot of listed food, so I have been manually inputting mine. But it's great being able to keep track of how many calories you've eaten vs. the amount you burn. Keeps me motivated to workout.

Getting close to my one month anniversary! Wow!

I too feel my port. I feel it mostly after walking or work. It still gets sore.

I have been in the 270's for what seems like such a long time! I just want to reach the 260's. I start to think what if this doesn't work for me? I finally gave up my scale. It is in hiding and my husband will leave it in my bathroom once a week. It is driving me crazy but I think it is for the best.

Dee

I'm with you on the snow thing, kerri!

We're supposed to get some more today...............BLECH.

It's been warm enough that I don't think it will stick, but still......

IT'S APRIL.......I want sunshine and daffodils!

Hope your feeling better soon...........

So how were those Long Islands? Sounds divine.....I've made a personal vow to stay alcohol free until October......we'll see how that goes!

More snow?! NO FUN! I would be devastated if we got more snow now! We have had temps in the upper 50's and 60's for the last week or so, and I have been loving it! We did get a big storm last year mid- April, but it's not looking as though it'll happen this year *crossing my fingers*.

The Long Islands were delish:) I debated back and forth whether or not to have few, and finally decided that if I count it in for calories and carbs for the day, I could do it. And I'm glad I did! I'm so sick of being everyone's DD! I was able to let loose and have a good time myself, and my sister was DD this time.. God love little sisters:) I had a good night, but I'm surely not going to make a habit of it.. The calories and carbs are horrifying:biggrin:

:)Kerri

Although still snow-free, and gloomily facing a week where the temps will be back in the mid-70's and the skies sunny and blue, with even LESS prospect of snow, I'm in a good mood today.

I woke up feeling lighter, and reweighed myself; the scale has gone down a couple more notches since yesterday, so I'm On Target to be under 400 by June 1. Which is great!

I have no dobut I'm nauseating a few people with my rapid weight loss: the trick is to not get banded until you're 473 pounds! Rest assured, I'll be hitting the hard part a year from now, when you're all at goal, lounging around in bikinis and harassing the pool boy...

Also, I'm happy because my book has just come out in the UK and is apparently doing well, and my work on the sequel is going well. Best of all, maybe, a production company wants the movie rights to the book...

Not an NSV, a NLBV!

Fenton, Congrats on your weightloss and book deal, keep up the good work.

Well, this morning was weigh in day for me after I put my scale in hiding for a week and when I weighed I was down 3.6 lbs for the week. Woowhoo!!! That's 14.8 lbs since surgery plus 20 pre-op for a total lost of 34.8. I think the key to weightloss for me, must be staying off of the scale all week, lol.

Well, I survived at our dinner theater last nite. I ate a few bites of salad, a couple of ounces of chicken and fish, a couple of bites of mashed potatoe and a bite or two of Pasta and 1 small baby carrot. Oh almost forgot, I also had 2 delicious bites of DH's chocolate cobbler for dessert, this is a chocolate brownie with a scoop of ice cream on top. I have to say this is the first time that I have cheated since surgery, but I kept telling myself that I wasn't really cheating since I only had a couple of bites and I considered this part of my changing lifestyle. (SMILE!!) Also thought my scale might have gone down a little more if it weren't for this dinner last nite, but I'm not going to get down or think about that since my scale went down in the right direction for the week, maybe it will be more next week, even though I can't complain with 3.6 lost for the week, at my age!!

Also, I'm happy because my book has just come out in the UK and is apparently doing well, and my work on the sequel is going well. Best of all, maybe, a production company wants the movie rights to the book...

Not an NSV, a NLBV!

Congrats!

I love books...I love to read...I just love words.

If anyone needs a good thriller, "Precious Blood" by Jonathan Hayes rocks! I just finished it last week. ;)

Not an NSV, a NLBV!

Wow Congratulations Fenton!!!! Best wishes on great sales and on the sequel. Keeping fingers crossed for selling movie rights! ;)

Congratulations, Teri! It's funny that - sometimes after I have a calorie splurge, I also have a weight loss burst, too. I've heard that having an occasional increase in calories can actually kick up a metabolic rate that's sunk to deal with low caloric intake; I don't know if that's something that can be used to manipulate weight loss. Knowing many of us, I think it's something that's more likely to be used to manipulate our calorie intake!