Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Is it possible to subscribe to this thread? I keep looking for a link, but have yet to find one. It would be so much earier if I could subscribe rather than browsing the forums in search of monthly band discussion groups.

Is it possible to subscribe to this thread? I keep looking for a link, but have yet to find one. It would be so much earier if I could subscribe rather than browsing the forums in search of monthly band discussion groups.

When you log in you click on User CP you will have a list of subscriptions (threads you commented on). Should be there.

Back from our cruise, it was quite a trip!

Here's a link to some pictures:

Paige Berhow Ansley's Photos - RC Cruise 2009 | Facebook

Welcome home Paige! The pictures showed you had a blast. Plus all the hard work you have put in with the band. A bikini? Now you're just showing off. Seriously- You're looking great!!!

Thanks Amanda, I kept wondering if that was really me walking around in a bikini.....and yep, it really was! There were a lot of women that looked better....but I looked good enough for me!!

I save the link for the group under my favorites and just click on that.

hi all... back from port revision surgery. after much worrying and hand wringing, the procedure and the pain were pretty minimal. i even got a low profile port out of it!

my doc filled me with a total of 8ccs (i had been up to 9.5 when we discovered the leak) during surgery. turns out that was way too much. i felt a lot of pressure on my chest and had a really hard time downing the cup of juice they gave me in recovery. my surgeon's physician assistant had to come in and remove 2ccs and damn if that didn't do the trick. pressure was gone and i could drink pretty easily.

i stayed on liquids for the next 24-36 hours and ate a small meal after that. let's just say it's good to be restricted again! actually forgot what it felt like and i had a mild PB episode. oddly, i kind of enjoyed the experience. it's hard to explain, but it felt like my safety net was back. i'd get 7-10 pounds in the weeks pre-surgery and i'm sure it will all start melting away again.

anyways, just wanted to report that all was well. if anyone out there has to have a port revision, please try not to worry too much. it's not as bad as you might imagine. if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line.

hope everyone is okay.

ps... scrappy, your success is awe inspiring!

Harley...your photos are great...looks like you had a great time. So happy for you.

Hungry4....glad the surgery went well. I think it's great that you got a low profile port out of the deal. Congrats on having restriction again.

Christine

Here is a weird food restriction question - I can eat a baked potato (flesh insides) but french fries are a whole another thing! I got a serving of fries with a sandwich out at a restaurant and thought I'd take them home and reheat to snack on some. They were fine reheated in the oven but I only ate about 3-4 fries and was full! as in I can't eat another bite or I will be sorry. So, I guess the lesson is to just let the fries be thrown away next time or just say hold the fries. I usually do try to swap fries with something healthier like coleslaw or a side salad.

Anybody else find french fries are a no-no food not just because of calories but because of how overly full they make you with just a few bites?

P.S. the Sandwich ingredients were eaten - grilled sausage with peppers and onions and threw the bun away - never considered eating the bread!

Potatoes in general fill me up so fast that I don't really bother eating them any more.....don't know what it is about them.

I went to my hospital's bariatric style show where they have a group of about 10-12 post weight loss patients that get to be dressed in great clothes by the Mall stores, they do professional makeup and hair for them and then tell their before and after stories. It brings tears to your eyes and most importantly it brings HOPE that I can get there one day too! I have to tell you the last lady in the show was a lady who had lost 180 lbs and they had her dressed in a Jessica McClintock red floor length gown with beautiful bling jewelry and she looked incredible! Nobody would have ever guessed she had lost 180 lbs. I did hear some people behind me say she must have had some plastic surgery post weight loss because she had the flattest stomach and cutest curvy body -- not overdone on top but she just looked so beautiful. I said to my friend I was with, okay, I am trying to also lose 180 lbs and I want to go up and meet that lady afterward and tell her how her story inspired me and ask if I can take her picture and I did. She was really nice and said you'll get there! I swear I am going to print that lady's picture off and put it on my refrigerator to remind me what I could look like with this 180 lbs gone forever.

I got really ambitious today and did a couple hours of yard work plus took a really long walk so when I uploaded my Bodybugg today, it says I've logged over 14000 steps today! I'm trying to keep on moving some way every day.... One more day closer to strutting my stuff someday in a red floor length gown!

I just recently found the pictures I took that day of the lady in the red dress that had lost 180+ lbs and I thought I'd post it to help those of us who have alot to lose to realize it can be done!! I checked out this Jessica McClintock gown on that website and it was pricey but in my opinion really hot!

post-226326-13813138423529_thumb.jpg

Oh my God My Mom Died!!!

Oh my God My Mom Died!!!

sorry to hear