Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I wish people would post more I'm bored!!!!!

Hi Scrappy, I am glad to see that you are feeling better. :bored: I am back from Las Vegas with some funny stories. We saw people from my home town of Forks WA and some of them thought that my husband had brought another lady with my parents being there and thought that my husband was REALLY rude for doing so, because here is the kicker THEY did NOT recognize me. :thumbup: Then there was another lady who has known me since I was born, because we went to the same church, did not recognize me both my mom and I speaking to her together. My mom had to point me out. :scared2: The funny thing is that I still think I look the same at least in the face, just 150lbs lighter. :tongue2:

Katie K.

Thats a good feeling to not be recognized. I have had that happen too. We went to a funeral on my hubbys side of the family and they all wanted to know who was with him. One day we was at a festival and I was working beside a lady that I know and we talk but aren't close friends or anything and she looks at me and says I dont think I know you? I said yes you do, and she was like, oh my god, and kept apologizing. It really dosen't hurt my feelings.

When I look in the mirror now I see my sister, some of my family think I look like my mom. They both died 3 years ago so I feel good to be keeping them alive in my new looks.

Scrappy--

Aw. I think what what you said about keeping your sister and mother alive is just so terrific. That really affected me because my Dad passed in early March and my cousin who was 6 mo younger than me passed in Dec and they are about the 9th and 10th in about 7 years. It's hard to lose the people we love. Like you I look for them (and see bits and pieces of them) everywhere I turn --- in everything I hear and see. And for you to look into the mirror and see them looking back --- that is just so loving. --- And they would be so proud of you.

Penny, My mom was always worried about my weight. I told her a few times that I was thinking about getting gastric bypass about 8 years ago and she said that really scared her. Then 3 years ago when she was sick with cancer my cousin had the gastric bypass and lost a lot of weight and looked really good my mom said to me maybe weight loss surgery would be good for you. I was think thinking of the lapband. I was able to tell her that I was still thinking on it. So I feel like she gave me her approval. I really wish she could see me now at 135 pounds. At our family reunion 2 weeks ago my aunt saw me and the first thing she said is she wishes my mom could see me.

Scrappy, those family things you shared were precious. Congrats!

I got to see my good friend tonight for dinner and when we set up where to go she was so worried I wouldn't be able to eat anything or enjoy dinner. I said, heh, I'll be fine. Let's just go and have fun. I ended up with some meatloaf and mashed potatoes which was a real treat and she was amazed I could eat that even though it took me twice as long to eat half as much as she did.

My freind saw me and the first thing she said is I bet you weigh less than me now! I didn't want to say yes, I probably do, and make her feel bad, but I want her to lose weight too but like Scrappy said, she has to think about it and become convinced in her mind when she is ready.

I got three more pages put together for my weight loss journey scrapbook. I put a page together about my 100 lb milestone celebration day with friends where I passed out 100-calorie snack packs. Another page is from Easter where I was able to wear the same fancy pink two piece top/skirt set I wore at my sister's wedding 21 years ago. AND... it fit loosely and the two pictures of me years ago versus today is pretty neat. Last scrapbook page I did was my Seatbelt Success story and pictures I posted about from when I went to Florida in May. I took pictures of me with the seatbelt with room to spare and that is a precious NSV I won't forget. Part of the reason I am doing the scrapbook to remember the good times along this journey is so that I will always have that to look back on. In the past when I lost 100 lbs two prior times, sadly so, and regained it back, when I was heavy again I would think how the heck did I lose that 100 lbs and why did I let myself gain this back.

I am still plateaued on this same number in the -110-112 lbs range but I got alot of compliments at work especially this week about people who see me in "skinny" size 22 jeans now and can't believe my transformation. I want to get to some magical "12" jeans maybe in a year??? Who knows. Just taking it a day at a time.

Hi

I have an appointment Thursday for a fill. I will have to do some smooth talking because one of the factors used in weather or not to fill is if Im hungry all the time. Well Im not, I just don't have any restriction. Hungry has never really been a problem. I need something to put the breaks on the amount I eat.

I know Harley did the 5 day pouch test once before a fill to help relearn the feeling of full. Maybe I should try that. ???

I love hearing stories about not being recognized. At my Moms memorial folks just walked past me and asked my sister if I had come out for the service. She would giggle and tell them to turn around.

The problems my Mom had in her later years with her health were mainly caused by her weight, well over 300. That is the reason I had the surgery. I think my sister is starting to feel the impact of her weight and seeing the struggles Mom had the last years. I dearly hope she does something about it. But you have to be ready or it won't work.

I wish the tickers would freeze when we made a post so that it reflect the weight we were at when we made a particular post.

I was looking back at old pages and the tickers show current weight and it looks a bit silly.

Am I the only one that thinks this???

Hi, I enjoy reading the posts about not being recognized. That happened to me just the other day again. A lady I used to work with every day walked right past me in a store, I followed her and said hey, she did not recognize me until I talked. It was so cool. Thanks for the invite over here Special K, it is cool to be able to share stories with people who share bandiversaries. I just found this board and plan to be here more often.

Dottie R.

I wish the tickers would freeze when we made a post so that it reflect the weight we were at when we made a particular post.

I was looking back at old pages and the tickers show current weight and it looks a bit silly.

Am I the only one that thinks this???

I agree. I feel the weight we were at a specific time should be shown in that ticker.

As you can see I have not changed mine in a bit. strugling with 5-10 # plus or minus over the past few months. I just can't get myself back on track :)

Welcome Dottie!

Welcome Dottie. Amanda I agree about the tickers. I would be nice to see a previous post with the real time weight for that post. I am so glad that you are feeling better Rhonda, I'll bet you feel fabulous in fact. I have had to have a slight unfill due to some horrible reflux. I felt immediate relief but now I find I can eat way more. So I am trying to just eat less and I am in most instances. But I notice I am feeling hunger again at times. I still have to take Prilosec and in fact woke this morning with a little bit of reflux but I think its my own fault. I ate a couple of pieces of candy last night and chocolate is a trigger for reflux. I am thinking of maybe just going low carb for a week and seeing if that helps. I haven't lost a pound since the unfill, in fact I am fluctuating up a few pounds. I know I shouldn't be eating candy and I don't make a habit of doing that, but I have lost all my weight eating what I wanted. I just made sure I had my Protein each day. But I am feeling a little bloated and I know carbs can cause Water retention. I work out faithfully 5 days a week so I know it's not for lack of exercise. I hope everyone is having experiences of not being recognized by friends who haven't seen them in a while. That is such a satisfying feeling.

Edited by wishin4

Kathy I am feeling far from fabulous. I hope I will in the next week or so.

I had another dizzy passing out episode on Thursday. The dr thinks its just my body adjusting to all the changes it has been through.

I am just trying to take it really easy and not doing much at all. I have a dr. appt tomorrrow morning.

I can't wait till I am healed and I can go on with my life.

Kathy I am feeling far from fabulous. I hope I will in the next week or so.

I had another dizzy passing out episode on Thursday. The dr thinks its just my body adjusting to all the changes it has been through.

I am just trying to take it really easy and not doing much at all. I have a dr. appt tomorrrow morning.

I can't wait till I am healed and I can go on with my life.

Did yur doctor give you a time line of getting back to a normal routine? Mine told me 2-3 weeks to get back to work. I have a desk job so as long as I am able to sit for a length of time I think that would not be a problem. I know everyone heals at different rates. What about driving.. ? I know resting and taking care of myself it top of the list after surgery.

I am glad to hear of your progrees so I may have a better idea of what is ahead of me later this summer..

Lynn, the doctor thinks I should be feeling pretty good by 3 weeks out. I think I could drive now if I would stop getting dizzy. I am sure he won't give me the ok for that till I get that figured out.

I don't have no problems sitting now. Because I'm bored I sit here at the computer for a long time. I don't think I would be ready to go back to work yet tho, but I am only out 11 days so far.