Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I read about this website called www.5daypouchtest.com and I am going to give this a try to test myself to back off eating carbs especially and make me focus harder on Protein. Check out the website link and see what you think.

I shamefully ate a big plate with mashed potatoes and beef/noodles in gravy that was over the top of the potatoes. I realized I went for all those carbs because it was easy eating, I was tired, and hungry. What can I say, just gave into temptation. I'm back on track today and went to my gym and put an hour plus of swimming/water aerobics in and then went to the grocery and did healthy food shopping. I'm actually thinking about cooking things up today for eating later this week due to my heavy work schedule that has me getting home late. I'll let you all know how the 5 day pouch test challenge for myself goes. Let me know if you try it and your results.

I also meant to say that it is too bad that the ticker changes over time so I think we should post in the threads here the actual number when we hit a milestone so we could go back later and say yes, that was when I hit my 100 lbs! etc.

I think I need to give the 5 day piuch test try. I have been getting by with slider foods and know that has been an issue with some gaining pounds.

I am not big on the breads, Pasta and potatoes but chocolate and ice cream are my demons!!

Lynn, I am in day 2 of the 5 day pouch test and I can't believe how hard it has been for me doing full liquids again -- how the heck did I do 2 weeks of this when I can't get through 2 days. I must have been much more swollen from the surgery than I realized given I'm at pretty high fill level and full liquids are really not satisfying me at all. I think the liquid Protein Shakes are just running right on through and same with the Soups I ate. Tomorrow I'm going to try "mushies" for the whole day. I did cheat today and ate a handful of almonds before I got to the gym for my workout. I'm going to keep trying at this though. I am convinced I am having carb withdrawal. When I went grocery shopping I couldn't believe how many little things I thought about buying like seeing 100 calorie snack items and thinking that isn't so bad... aha! yes it all adds up. Will check in after the tale of the scale tomorrow.

I had another follow up appointment with the plastic surgeon today. I was suppose to go on wednesday but I had another passing out episode this past Thursday so he had me come in early. He said looks like I am healing well and told me I still need to take it easy.

I think I'm finally starting to get more energy. I am so ready to be able to do things again. Even housework sounds exciting, and to be able to cook a meal on my own without having to ask for help.

I do think my boobs are now bigger than my belly so I am happy about that. My belly is still swollen so I think it will just get better.

I added up how much calories I ate yesterday while trying to do full liquids and was surprised to see it was about 1400 calories and I was truly hungry throughout the day because the Soup and Protein Shakes I had just never satisfied. I got up this a.m. and had a 1/3 cup of fat free cottage cheese and a non-fat yogurt for Breakfast because I awoke thinking about what can I eat. I'd say this is equivalent to the old "bandsters hell" stage where you have to just eat restricted totally based on willpower. BTW, scale still sticking at the same number keeping me at my -110 lbs spot. Onto a day of mushies and see if I can eat less than 1400 calories on mushies today.

Special K 1200 calories in liquids sounds like a lot would never think they add up so fast. That extra Protein should jump start weight loss.

I have thought of doing the 5 day pouch test mostly because I know I eat more food at a time than my doctor wants. Thought it might help me feel satisfied quicker.

I'm feeling kind of hard on myself for not toughing out this little test better than I am so far. After a good start to the day, By 9am I was really hungry and ate a Protein Bar and that kept me until lunch. I got a salad at noon with 1/3 cup cottage cheese and a hard boiled egg for lunch. Took me until about 4pm to finish the salad just nibbling at it. That held me over until I worked over and then had microwave popcorn because I was starved at 7pm and still at work. So here it is 9pm and I'm thinking what can I eat? Really best choice at this point is a Protein Shake to fill out my Protein need for the day. Okay, I'm going onto harder Proteins tomorrow. I didn't make it all day on mushies sorry to say. Again, they must be passing right on through my upper pouch because 3 hours isn't very long between eating things to be hungry again. I tried sipping my favorite non-calorie flavored waters and that didn't help fill me up either.

Special K be glad this 5 day pouch test isn't doctor ordered or you would be in trouble.

Scrappy - you are right but to be honest, if my surgeon had said you have to do this and come back or I won't go higher on your fill level, I would do it. Somehow its harder to do when its a voluntary test thing. The scale was down this a.m. so we'll keep going through Friday and see how I do.

I have a fill tomorrow. Sad to say I kind of went overboard yesterday snacking on salami, cheese and bread. I really need to feel some restriction. Maybe a PB or a slime will put my head back into this.

I think part of me is too comfortable where my body has "landed" so to speak. All my clothes fit nicely. Im not hungry between meals. Folks compliment me on the loss.

I have to keep remembering the "why" of losing weight.

Scrappy sorry about the light headedness.

Amanda post some pictures so we can see how great you look. I'm sure you do look good but there is more to come so leave the bread, salami and cheese alone and reach your goal.

I think I am over the dizziness I sure hope so anyway.

It's been 2 weeks since my tt and I am starting to feel better. I am getting my energy back and have been doing more cooking and cleaning. I still have my 10 year old help me and she's doing a pretty good job. She complains sometimes but I think it's a good learning experience for her.

I am still wearing the compression garment and after 2 weeks I figured it needed washed. So I had a spandx thing I bought to wear later and as the compression garment was being washed I thought I would wear the spandx. It is like a pair of panties but goes up higher on the belly, and like a body suit it has snap on the crotch area. I asked the dr what size to buy he says a small. I told him I don't feel small and he says well you are, so I bought a size med. Well as I was trying to put it on I put my legs in first and it just seemed too tight and I was scared to pull it up over my sore belly. Then i thought I would open the snaps and put it on over my head. I put both my arms in and it wouldn't move. I was stuck couldnt get it on or off. I finally did and threw the stupid thing on the floor so not sure what I will do when I get out of this binder.< /p>

It's been 2 weeks since my tt and I am starting to feel better. I am getting my energy back and have been doing more cooking and cleaning. I still have my 10 year old help me and she's doing a pretty good job. She complains sometimes but I think it's a good learning experience for her.

I am still wearing the compression garment and after 2 weeks I figured it needed washed. So I had a spandx thing I bought to wear later and as the compression garment was being washed I thought I would wear the spandx. It is like a pair of panties but goes up higher on the belly, and like a body suit it has snap on the crotch area. I asked the dr what size to buy he says a small. I told him I don't feel small and he says well you are, so I bought a size med. Well as I was trying to put it on I put my legs in first and it just seemed too tight and I was scared to pull it up over my sore belly. Then i thought I would open the snaps and put it on over my head. I put both my arms in and it wouldn't move. I was stuck couldnt get it on or off. I finally did and threw the stupid thing on the floor so not sure what I will do when I get out of this binder.< /p>

I had a chuckle with your description of trying to get the spandex thing on. I don't thing men have an actual picture of women's sizes. I have a generic Spanx high brief. it is too small and I bought a medium too.... and as most things different makes and styles fit everyone differently..hope you didn't pull anything with your contortion act trying the tthing on!!:redface:

Glad to hear you are feeling well. I am still waiting for one DR letter for me dr to submit me insurance

Amanda, I'm with you on it can become "comfortable" at our new smaller size and the compliments are nice but we have to keep heading for the goal line.

If you've been following my little 5 day pouch test, I got to eat some meat (protein) again today and lo and behold, a very small amount filled me up. 1 cheese stick for Breakfast at 7 am, 1 hotdog for lunch with the bun, at noon-1pm, and went the rest of the afternoon until I got home for dinner with a 60 cal SF Jello pudding cup about 6:30 p.m. -- clearly going 4-5 or more hours between now without being terribly hungry. Good test to see if that pouch is holding good hard Protein up there and keeping me satisfied versus liquids and mushies were sliding on down. The scale was down a couple lbs this a.m. I'm going to finish out the 5 days on Friday and see how it goes. It definitely has made me "carb aware" again.