Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Hi Christine--

I'm still lurking out here. I've been in a out. Pretty serious things were going on with the family and at work so I was off the radar screen for a while.

I also wasn't really attending to weight loss during that time. I finally got a fill a week ago and was absolutely amazed because it seems to to have really made a difference and I'm losing again after a really very long stall. I'm hopeful.

Scrappy. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

penny

Hi Christine and Penny, I've been lurking too.. For a long time now! I do get on here daily to see how things are going.

I have been having some band issues lately that have me pretty frustrated. I've kept off the board for fear of bringing people down.. I am still trucking along, slowly but surely!

~Kerri

Hi all.

I 've been having a bit of stress here. My mom(77yrs) broke her leg, compound fractures of the tibia and fibula. She has had one surgery and is expected to have a few more. Problem is she is not healing. Dr's say that if healing doesn't start or if an infection sets in they will have to amputate. Oh ya my parents live in California. Long distance stress.

Seems petty to also bitch about work stress. I was out all last week- yes I know it was a vacation but no one does my job when Im out. I can only imagine what it will be like the week before the cruise, in June and the weeks after.

Im visiting my sister this weekend (was planned before the vacation). She is in Kansas City, so more time on planes- probably in thunderstorms-yay.

Saw the eye Dr yesterday- I need glasses. yay.

Not losing weight. Actually really struggling to keep stable. I never knew stress to cause me to eat but now with food such an ever present focus it is the first place to take the stress hit. Well that and exercising- no energy- but I drag my A*s to the trainer because I pre-paid for that.

Im a little low right now. I need to count my blessings; husband, family, friends, home, employed, 80lbs down form my high.

Just breathe. Thanks for listening.

Wow, sounds like many of us are going through a rough spell.

Amanda....sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she is on the mend soon. As we age it gets harder and harder to heal. It really should make us all appreciate the fact that we have lost the weight we have and are way healthier than we were pre-surgery.

Kerri....I too am having a very hard time right now and have no other options due to my stomach issue. I was starting to look into the VSG when I thought my issue was band related, now I know there is no other surgery I should attempt. An example of my trouble is yesterday for lunch I had 4 bites of chicken with broccoli and brown rice and was vomitting all afternoon and in pain until 11 this morning....that's with an empty band....I have only had Water to drink since then and a Protein shake this evening. The broccoli was too hard and I guess I should stay away from the brown rice (FOREVER!!!). I can eat Cookies, yogurt and ice cream all day...junk goes down and stays down. I do OK with salads too as long as it's just chopped lettuce and grilled chicken (very small pieces) It's like having a band without the quantity limitation (I miss that).

Penny...glad you got your fill and are back on the losing side of things.

Christine

Christine

I'm so sorry to hear you don't feel well. Are you able to bring the food up yourself. I can bring it up by bending forward and trying to vomit it up and it ususally come up. Somepeople bend forward and reach their head up to the side. Some people drink liquid purposely to bring it up. I'm not trying to teach bulemic behavior but I feel really bad that it takes you so long and so much pain until the restriction lessens. If you had Fluid in your band 'I'd suggest an unfil. It usually takes me 1/2 hour to an hour to get it all up . Good luck

Hi Bandana,

Yes, I try to get it up...with some success, but the pain continues on. If I did not get it up the pain would last even longer. Best of luck to you. I hope you don't have to do this often. If you do, maybe you need a slight unfill or to chew, chew and chew agin.

Christine

I have my date for my Tummy Tuck June 17 that will be exactally 15 months since my lapband. I can't believe I am really doing this. I'm scared and excited at the same time. I hope I can really walk into the hospital that day and do it.

Hi Shamrocks!

Hard to believe it has been almost 2 weeks since I posted.

Scrappy - how fabulous! I don't expect to get rid of the tummy flap for another year or more. The doctor says I can do it now, but I have lots more to loose and I am not interested in doing it twice. You love beautiful, btw!

NSV - I'm getting a lot of comments that I have lost "lots" of weight, but the dumb number on the scale won't move no matter how hard I kick the scale. It truly is frustrating. UGH! Well, the good news is that I should be in a size 18 soon. It's been a few years since I have seen that size. Acutally probably about 5.

Wow Rhonda!....Congratulations on setting your appointment. I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about how it goes. I hope to eventually drop these last 40 pounds and then venture into the land of plastic surgery.

Best of luck!

Christine

Hey Scrappy

I am floored by how much weight you hjave lost in 15 months. Woo Hoo!. I have to know what you did. You are mindblowing. I've been trying to get these last 25 lbs off for months now. Really I applaud you so much;. Way to go girl. Congratulations

I'm so excited for you about the Tummy Tuck. I hope it all goes well for you. Good luck.

Don't forget to let me know your secret.

Caryn

Caryn I really don't have a secret. I try to exercise 30 mins to an hour each day either by walking, curves or both. I eat around 1000 calories about 5 days a week. normally on weekends I really blow it and eat a lot. I eat 4 times a day 8am, 12 am, 5 pm and around 10 at night. I try to eat healty food but still do eat carbs. I hardly ever eat between meals, and very rarely will I eat junk food at home only if we go to a party or if its included with a meal if we go out.

Remember I lost 55 pounds before sugery and 112 since. I have sort of been up and down the past week or so. I lost 7 pounds last week gained 5 of it back over the weekend and still havent lost all of that 5 pounds back and here it is the weekend again.

I am also obsessed by all this weight loss thing I think about it all day long. I eat one meal and am thinking what I'll be eating for the next meal, I weight myself at least every morning sometimes more.

This is also the first real diet I have every been on, so maybe thats why I'm obsessed and stick to it more.

Scrappy

I could say "ditto" to most of the things you say. I'm also obsessed by the food, thinking about it, chewing it, eating it, regurgitating it, trying to eat again, going on the scale 1-2x a day. I was never ever to really diet before the band also.

But I don't exervise like you. I'm trying. Don't worry about the weight gain because from the looks of it you'll get it right down again with the way you structure yourself . I wish I would stop at 1.000 calories. and you are below your goal. that is so amazing.

I have a very big problem with nightime eating. I feel like I'm binging all night. The food seems to go down much easier at night, and I usually watch tv by myself when I eat. Sometimes it's really fattening food like ice cream and Peanut Butter, and sometimes it's low calorie but then I eat large quantities.

I am really annoyed and frustrated with myself. I just don't think about my struggles and just eat - like a magnet without stopping to think. Oh well, I have to learn to change this somehow.

And Christine,

I am trying to chew beter. Thanks

Caryn try eating fruit at night or sugar free Jello. I enjoy grapes and apples and the Jello seems to satisfy the sweet tooth. I also enjoy eating at night but I'm in front of this computer that I seem to be addicted to.

I have yahoo messanger and use the name scrappy_friend if you would like to add me maybe we could talk some seems we are close to the same age and might have a lot in common.

Scrappy

Thank you. I'd love to. I have Yahoo, but what is Yahoo messenger. Is it IM (Instant Messaging while on line?) Unfortunatley I'm a computer illilerate

Your right though, I should by some fruit for the nightime. Thanks. Let me know about the Yahoo thing

Caryn