Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Lynn - I'm with you. I occasionally change up the amount of calories I eat, but it really has to do with the carbs for me. If I track them carefully (and I do) I see if I go over 60-70 grams of carbs and I don't loose. You could always talk to your dietician. I have found them sometimes helpful.

Christine - kudos for doing exercise even when you didn't feel well!

Scrappy - congrats on the approval. I will also be getting a panectomy. I still have a ways to go! I'm not interested it having it done twice!

Special K - I laughed out loud at your story. I have two cats also and I KNOW which cat would have done that! (The same one that escapes outside every chance she gets!)

Diva - good luck with whatever procedure you have. I haven't had that test at all. It does sound like your band has enough in it though.

Well....I'm a little frustrated about my non weight loss. But, I know it is the carbs. So, I have a renewed interest in keeping the carbs down. I still love my wii fit, so it definitely isn't the exercise. I have had several people ask me if I have lost a lot of weight recently. It is totally the exercise because I am loosing about a 1 pound a week. (if that!) So in the 2 months they think I have lost a lot of weight, it was really the exercise toning me up. Now I have to get more serious about keeping the carbs down. Darn carbs....they just love me so much they stay around forever!

Esophogram does not hurt at all. It's just an x-ray where you swallow a cup of Barium and they watch it go down your esophagus and into your pouch. It takes a few minutes and is not so bad!

It is a part of my surgeon's routine protocol to have one after a year being banded.

Hope.....those dang carbs are horrible!

Chrstine

Oh.. a barium swallow!!! Ok I can handle that. Though my appointment for today has o be postponed. (not by me! - I got a call from my surgeon's ofc.)

OK, so the results are in. I failed the one hour part of the gastric emptying study. I passed the two hour at the upper range of normal and the rest was fine.

The GI guy has had me stop the Omeprozol I was on for the gastritis. (OK by me, I am no longer having those symptoms) The Omeprozol stops the acids in the stomach, since my stomach does not move the food through, not having acid there to help the digestion begin, might have been adding to my pain one hour after eating. It's been 2 days of no Omeprozol and I am feeling better. If the gastritis flairs up again I will need to take more, which may start a viscious cycle. Hopefully it will be a while before I have a flair up.

GI guy says many small meals throughout the day is the way to go right now. I don't want to take the meds to speed up my stomach, because the delay is not significant enough and the meds have HUGE side affects. He suggests considering having the band removed if the problem worsens. He does not suggest getting the band filled (it is empty now....has been for a month).

I will see what the surgeon says. I really would like a small fill. I can eat too much at a sitting. I really don't know if the surgeon will even consider it, but I will find out at my next appt which is not until May 26th...too far away for my liking!

Christine

UGH - what a week!! and it's only Wednesday.

Diva - no worries-- barium swallow and an x-ray; it's a cake walk.

K - thanks for the cat story. Too cute. I have two rat terrier puppies that keep me in stitches.

Christine - looks like your stomach issues are at least treatable and they know what is going on now. Better to know I think. Sux that you can't have a fill. Hope it all goes away as quickly as it showed up.

As for me - another great NSV -

My 5 year-old said to me "mommy you look really pretty." I replied "Why thank you honey". To which she said, "No I mean it - your tummy isn't all big and poofy like it used to be, and your wrists have bones in them." At which point I gave her a huge hug and thanked her profusely.

OK - now I'm going to vent for a minute! Stupid, idiotic, troublesome, damn automated voice answering services!!!! Just this week alone I have had to deal with two insurance companies, a car rental place, the cable company, and immigration!!! I won't go into the details becuase that would be the longest post ever -- but suffice to say... I have spent countless hours on the phone pressing 1 or any number of other countless options only to be directed by some stupid machine to "LEAVE A MESSAGE" :thumbup:- I can't think of anything in the world that is more frustrating. (btw most of this came about because DH wrecked his car (he's fine) and the cable box went bad). OK, I feel better.

The rest of my week will be "automated phone" free.

Carrie...those automated systems are soooo annoying. Even waors are the voice activated ones...the kids always seem to be overheard screaming in the backround better than my prompts and it takes forever to get the point across IF I even make it that far. Sorry to hear about the stress.

My stomach problem (gastroparesis) will not go away...it's a worsening problem. I find it so ironic that I had a band placed around my stomach to help me lose weight and now I have a problem that will eventually do the same thing. It could take years and years, but I will eventually be very thin....like it or not thin, on a soft diet or liquids. Hopefully I am talking about YEARS and YEARS down the line, but I just find it very ironic.

The gastritis will come and go....hopefully it won't come back for a long long time.

Christine

I have gone where I have never boldly gone before. I have posted pictures. Now I am waiting for the backlash... I must be crazy.

It was in the cards for you to be skinny! It is ironic how it came about though.

Well, two days from cruise day....can't believe it's here!

I haven't lost any more weight, but haven't gained any either.....I'd hoped to be a little lower by cruise time, but I'm happy.

A lot going on with me, hoping things settle down soon. I am looking forward to the DOWN TIME on the beach!

I'll be back with a positively annoying amount of pictures in about ten days!

Well, two days from cruise day....can't believe it's here!

I haven't lost any more weight, but haven't gained any either.....I'd hoped to be a little lower by cruise time, but I'm happy.

A lot going on with me, hoping things settle down soon. I am looking forward to the DOWN TIME on the beach!

I'll be back with a positively annoying amount of pictures in about ten days!

Enjoy and relax

Harley, I've been wondering how things were going. Have a great trip!

Christine

Harley, have a wonderful time on the cruise. Diva I didn't see your pictures. Are they on a different thread? Carrie just keep saying "this too shall pass" and before you know it things will get back to normal (whatever that is) Christine, I hope you start feeling better soon. I know you must be so frustrated.

I am 2 pounds from Onederland. I can't tell you how excited I am at the thought of weighing under 200 pounds. It's been at least 15 years since I was at that weight. Have a great weekend everyone...............

I went to curves today and weighed myself it was so exciting to be able to put the weight on the 100 pounds mark first. Last time I did that was when I was 18, 27 years ago. I then called over the worker and said hey Nichole you need to come look at this. Then I put the weights at 315 and told her thats where I started she was impressed and so was I.

Congrats Rhonda! I cannot even imagine being able to be there. You are doing awesome!

Chrisine

Quite here. Hope things are going well for everyone!

Christine