Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

That is a common problem with the Protein powder. The heat curdles the Protein. To mix properly the liquid must be lower then 130º F – do not heat above 130º F.

When I want protein in my coffee I add the powder to a cup add about 1/4 c milk, about 2T of the hot coffee and mix really well with a spoon. Than I pour in the rest of the coffee. Seems to work for me. Anyone else have a trick?

I am going to have to give that a try. I am always trying to get the protein in and in the coffee is another opportunity Thanks :)

OK, the scale is not moving, but my body is shrinking.....Today I bought a pair of

Size 16 pants!!!

I have not been in a size 16 since about 24 years ago! So even though the scale is stagnating, my body is moving.

Christine

Edited by nycm00

CHRISTINE!!!!

WOOHOO to smaller sizes!

I notice that too...sometimes when the scale stops moving, the body keeps going for a little bit!

Personally, I don't care as much about the number on the scale as I do the number on the tag!

NSV - Yes the dropping clothing size is a big boost as they go down.

I was told the other day to start buying more fitting clothes/tops, I still tend to buy looser fitting things: A mental block on having something cling to me!! I have bought a few new things this week and they are flattering, if I do say so myself :tt1:

WTG for everyone in thier successes. Let us all keep up the good work over the holiday season

Good for you, Lynn!

I think we need to say it ourselves....and recognize that we do look good! I think it's part of shedding the "fat person brain"!

I had a NSV last night at dance class for my DD. I followed her into the bathroom to help her change clothes and the owner of the studio came in after me. I turnned around and she was toe to toe with me...and in a soft voice said "ok, me and Becky (the front desk girl) want to know what you are doing to lose all of this weight."

I was taken so off guard. I think this was the first time someone I was not "out" to said something about it. I chuckled and told her that is was a combo of having the lap band, eating 1500 ish cals a day and working out. She seemed to only hear the lap band part and was full of questions. I gladly answered them and then she left to go back out in the studio.

After she left I wanted to cry. I was not sure if it was an emotional release of the joy that comes with how far I have came, or if I was worried that the small town dance studio would be buzzing with the news of my surgery!

Either way, I wondered how I would handle it when the day came, and I guess I got my answer!

Niki,

I don't mind people knowing that I had lapband surgery but, I have a lot of people ask me how I have lost so much weight and then I feel if I tell them I had surgery I just took the easy way out.

I feel that sure surgery has helped to keep me motivated but I have also worked my butt off with exercising. I have also givin up a lot of my bad habits such as not eating 2-3 candy bars a day or any other kinds of Desserts I could get my hands on and a 1/4 of a bag of chips while I was wasting time on this silly computer.

I think this whole weight loss deal is far from easy. I have worked hard for my weight loss.

I think this whole weight loss deal is far from easy. I have worked hard for my weight loss.

YES YOU HAVE!!!

I wrote this comment for someone else but it is also a reminder for us all:

There is work to be done when you have the band. It's not just having surgery and you start losing and keep losing. With the band you are more involved in the process of weight loss. Which is GOOD. The "why" you packed on the weight is very important and you have to change those behaviors as well as having the band as a tool.

I think for most of us bandsters we made the decision to go with the band because we wanted to loose the weight and keep it off. The keeping it off is the hard part and the band gives you the time and learning opportunity to make the lifestyle changes that will stand the test of time and life's challenges.

Again props to you, Rhonda for your hard work.

Hi Shamrocks!

Fenton - I feel your pain. I dislike Isopure, but choke it down from time to time to get the Protein in.

Lynn - I'm not sure what day is your birthday, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Tess- 70 pounds is a huge amount of weight. Just in case you don't think so, go get a 50 pound bag of dog food or potatoes or something and carry it around a little. I know what it is like to get part way there and then stall and get frustrated. I KNOW you can do it!

Christine - size 16!!!!! (I'm pea green with envy) Awesome!

NurseNiki - Isn't great when people start noticing? I haven't had that happen this time around, but I remember the feeling in the past. It is validation for all the hard work. What a wonderful NSV.

Life is moving along quickly these days. I am still a little concerned about the baking in a week or so, but I have a plan. I have several "official" scale weigh ins in January, the first week. I don't want to be disappointed. I think if life is as busy as it has been, I'll be OK. Lately, I struggle to get all the Water and Protein in. I actually get too busy to eat. LOL

I love that my clothes are getting looser. I can't wait to be able to shop is non-fat lady stores!

I had to go to a work related meeting last week at a ritzy place. They served drinks, appetizers and dinner...not to mention dessert. Well I had an asparagus puff (bite size) and a bite of the salad and then 2 pices of the penne ala vodka. When dinner came I had about 4 bites of salmon and was DONE. My new co-workers did not know about my surgery and they kept on pestering me to eat. Eventually I caved and told them I had the surgery and could only eat small amounts, but this really is not the way I wanted it to go.

How have you handled a similar situation? Thankfully I don't have many work related dinners, but I'd like to have some way out planned for the next time I am in this type of situation.

Christine

I had to go to a work related meeting last week at a ritzy place. They served drinks, appetizers and dinner...not to mention dessert. Well I had an asparagus puff (bite size) and a bite of the salad and then 2 pices of the penne ala vodka. When dinner came I had about 4 bites of salmon and was DONE. My new co-workers did not know about my surgery and they kept on pestering me to eat. Eventually I caved and told them I had the surgery and could only eat small amounts, but this really is not the way I wanted it to go.

How have you handled a similar situation? Thankfully I don't have many work related dinners, but I'd like to have some way out planned for the next time I am in this type of situation.

Christine

Luckily I do not have many work related events with food involved. but having aplan for the questions is always good. By the time I was back to work after my surgery, everyone seemed to know. I never really told people not to tell, but felt it should have been my decision to let whoever I wanted to know, when I wanted them to know. but it didn't work out that way.

At this time When I am commented on weight loss I tell them thank you and if questions are asked just answer them. I make sure to let them know it has not been an easy journey and will be a liftime/ lifestyle change for me

In a couple of situations when people have commented that I don't eat very much......I've just said, "I have a small stomach".....it's true....and it usually just leaves them sort of confused and they drop it.

I had one of those "moments" this morning......it's particularly chilly this morning so I decided on oatmeal instead of my usual yogurt for Breakfast.< /p>

I fixed the package of weight control oatmeal and when I took the bowl out of the microwave, my first thought was, "THAT'S A LOT OF FOOD".

Funny, pre-band, I would mix two packages up and eat it all......still sitting here looking at the other half of the oatmeal trying to decide which dog to give it to!

I love my band........most days!