Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N Reading Ma 20 miles north of Boston. banded may 2007 and loving it:thumbup:

Tampa, FL checking in. I hope to be banded in mid-April. Had my surgical consult today, next step is insurance approval.

Hey guys,

I'm Chris and I am being banded this morning (3/4) in Bridgeport, Connecticut.

Good luck guys, CTman

I am scheduled to be banded on May 12th in Freehold, NJ. First, I need to have my gall bladder removed in April due to existing gallstones; then 3 weeks later having the lapband surgery. I am really looking forward to getting past the surgeries and adapting to a new way of living and eating. Any words of advice or encouragemant are greatly welcome!!

Good luck this morning CTman. Take it one day at a time. Let us know how you make out today.

Any words of advice or encouragemant are greatly welcome!!

I had my surgery on 2/25/08 and the best advice I can give you is: Don't get stressed out! You will see that everyone has differant isues before, during and after surgery. You just need to focus on today, tomorrow will come soon enough.

I read all the stories on the types of issues everyone went thru and found out hardly any of them applied to me. Remember everyone is differant. Just cause you read someone else has experienced something does not mean it will happen to you.

I had less trouble adhering to the pre-op diet than I expected, less pain post op than expected and none of the gas issues post op to speak of than most suffer thru.

Damn, Chris! Coming in here trumping everyone with your "Fallujah, Iraq"!

Congrats on the incredible weight loss!

I am scheduled to be banded on May 12th in Freehold, NJ. First, I need to have my gall bladder removed in April due to existing gallstones; then 3 weeks later having the lapband surgery. I am really looking forward to getting past the surgeries and adapting to a new way of living and eating. Any words of advice or encouragemant are greatly welcome!!

You're going to have to change your screen name to YourLapIsGettingSmaller

Hey Guy's, got this e-mail (hope it works) Dr. Malley is going to have a LIVE surgery this morning at 10:00am CST. Hope this link takes you there if interested. Steve

Home

Click on "LIVE EVENT"

Hey guys,

I'm Chris and I am being banded this morning (3/4) in Bridgeport, Connecticut.

Good luck guys, CTman

Hope all went well today.

Hi Big Unc and Ousooner, Thanks for your well wishes. Yup I was banded on 3/4/08. I'm doing much better than expected. I started walking as soon as they let me out of the RR bed to get into the chair in my room, The first night I had some gas pain that they were very attentive with handling. I have had no other pains, no nausea, no vomitting. I walked another 10 laps and ate Breakfast and most of lunch before leaving the hospital. I've been lapping the house and today I think I'm going to walk a few blocks.

Next week I'll be starting to do some working out at the gym. Thanks again and lets all keep encouraging on another.

CTman

Glad to hear that your surgery went well. I take it as an episode of encouragement for me as I wait for my surgery in May. I need to have my gall bladder out first which will be on April 18th. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing and best wishes for continued success on this new journey!!