Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Considering Dr. David Davtyan

Are there any patients of Dr. David Davtyan? I am considering him and would like to hear about others expirences with him and his staff.

Hi, I just made an apt with him as well for this coming tuesday. I know of two people who have been banded by him. Said he was good. Has even been banded himself. I also heard he charges around $17000.00:scared2:

Hi, I just made an apt with him as well for this coming tuesday. I know of two people who have been banded by him. Said he was good. Has even been banded himself. I also heard he charges around $17000.00:scared2:

I havr an appt. to meet with him in Sept. What pre-op tests did he require?:)

Did Anyone end up using Dr Davtyan? Can you share your experience if you did? It's between him and another doctor. I'm just not sure.:(

I am waiting for Insurance approval, and I will definetly be using Dr Davtyan I love his staff and his professionalism. He has been so patient with all my 100 questions. His credentials are impeccable. I wouldnt say he could win a popularity contest but when I go for my appointments his patients in the office all love him and that says alot to me.

I agree. He does take his time to answer all your questions and sometimes he even goes beyond the question. You leave his office with so much information!

It's really conforting to see a doctor who takes the time with his patients. I think this is due to the fact that... 'been there, done that' sort of mentality. He was obese once and did the Lap-Band®® many years ago and as a Lap-Band®® patient he knows how to live with it and how to make it work!

He transmits his experience and knowledge onto his patients and this is KEY. He also takes all the precautions he can possibly take. I met a patient at his office who wanted to have the surgery at an outpatient surgery center but because there was a small chance of complications, he operated her at the hospital. Nothing went wrong during surgery but this just goes to tell you that he is EXTREMELY cautios and careful. He cares for human life, that is to say his patients.

I have done extensive research about Davtyan and other doctors but Davtyan always comes up at the top. He has a clean record especially after doing over 1,000 surgeries !! I see that other doctors claim to have performed 3,000+ Lap-Bands...??? Come on! Do the math! Are you in the O.R. 24/7? How old are you? 85? Really?!

A good starting point would be to check LAP-BAND®®.com. If you search on Google, you will find so many doctors but a lot of them are not even Lap-Band®® Certified - which means that they have not received the adecuate training or met certain criteria by the Lap-Band®® company. THIS IS A MUST IF YOU ARE HAVING THE LAP-BAND®®.

When it comes to pricing....well, this is not like you are buying a car or a pair of shoes. We are talking about SURGERY - whether it is minimally invasive it is still surgery and you will be under anesthesia and not only the surgeon must know what he's doing but also the anesthesiologist must be a good one too! There are many unfortunate cases happening nowadays because some doctors who claim to be 'LAP-BAND®®' experts do not really have the expertise and know-how.

My life is not worth bargaining with! I don't have a price tag hanging from my neck sorry!

For those who are thinking about Mexico....honestly, Good Luck! You will need it. And, guess what? The LAP-BAND®® is not covered in Mexico - only in the U.S. Also...if something went wrong....you cannot sue them! and if you did...it would take forever to resolve....yeah, no thanks! I found several articles about banding in Mexico and my conclusion was: not in a million years. :wub:

I suggest that if you are considering the Lap-Band®®, do your research. Schedule a few patient consultations with at least your top 3 doctors. The doctors who are doing well and do not need to make a buck on consultations are usually the good ones. If they charge for the consult or try to 'push' the surgery on you...RED FLAG...get out of there PRONTO. Davtyan does not charge for his consults AND he spends more time with you than the average doctor. That just gives you an idea of how good he is - in my opinion.

You should be able to go home and have time to digest the information you were just given and to read the materials you were given (YES, Please read them). If you have additional questions, call the doctor's office or email them. Also, check their credentials - but you should've done that before you selected your top doctors (good sources: American Board of Surgery, American Board of Bariatric Medicine, you get the idea). Make sure they are Board Certified. I know Davtyan is Board Certified in Surgery and Board Certified in Bariatric Medicine. This is a huge ++.

Good Luck!:rolleyes:

Um. My mom hates him. She had her band done by him, as did my aunt, my cousin and my other cousin. If you want to pay tons of money, but end up with a decent job, then that's cool. I just don't suggest you go to him for fills. He's completely rude and overcharges like a BLEEP!

Armenians have this thing where we want to stay in our tight circle of people and sometimes we end up settling on personality and quality of care. Nope. All of that is very important and Dr. Davtyan is just lacking.

I am sorry your mom and other relatives did not have a good expierence with Dr. D he is who I have choose and surgery is tomorrow 11/5 my insurance is paying for surgery and fills but not sure how many fills but the doctor office business manager says not to worry.How much are the fills??? He is out of network and so far I am pleased with my financial obligation

Are there any patients of Dr. David Davtyan? I am considering him and would like to hear about others expirences with him and his staff.

Have you been banded yet???

Five years ago, he was charging over $ 500 per fill. My mom couldn't afford to go to him so she found a much more reasonable price with another Dr.

I hear he's still charging tons of cash but i'm not sure of the amount.

If you feel like you can't cover his costs, send me a private message and I'll recommend another Dr. for you to get your fills at. He's my current fill doctor and he's the best.