Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-Scale Victories!!

Hey everyone, I think we need a thread for us January's to share all of our NSV's! We've had a couple separate postings from different people, but I thought I would start a thread dedicated to NSV's. I have always enjoyed going back and reading people's NSV's a few times. So ... let'er rip! :)

Going on vacation and my warmer weather clothes are too big, so had to go out and buy stuff in a smaller size. :)

Going on vacation and my warmer weather clothes are too big, so had to go out and buy stuff in a smaller size. :biggrin:

Awesome!!! I can't wait until we hit warmer weather here and I go to put on my capri's, etc and find they are too big that will be a fun (possibly expensive) day!

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while and thought it was about time to post. I was banded four weeks ago today and had a major NSV this weekend. I wore one of my favorite shirts for the first time in about six months--last time I tried it on I couldn't even button it and on Saturday it fit perfectly. That same day my boyfriend commented that my jeans were getting saggy in the rear, which is nice enough, but the jeans I was wearing are already a size down from what I started with a month ago. Yay for the band!

Jenny

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while and thought it was about time to post. I was banded four weeks ago today and had a major NSV this weekend. I wore one of my favorite shirts for the first time in about six months--last time I tried it on I couldn't even button it and on Saturday it fit perfectly. That same day my boyfriend commented that my jeans were getting saggy in the rear, which is nice enough, but the jeans I was wearing are already a size down from what I started with a month ago. Yay for the band!

Jenny

Yay Jenny! Congrats, how awesome you must be feeling. Gogo banding! :biggrin:

I'm an Amazon so I have to have tall everything, If they made underwear and bras in tall sizes I'd probably buy those too! So, the other day Eddie Bauer was having their big end of season sale and I placed a small order. I ordered 3 new shirts in a size large (I was in XXL's prior to surgery). I ordered larges because I know they will fit me even when I'm at goal, my frame is very large! So, anyways, 2 out of 3 of the shirts already fit me

:rolleyes:

Way to go Chrisann, Ang, Nukechik and Ninja! I love NSVs! They make you feel so good. Seeing everyone's achievements gives me so much inspiration. We all know how great it feels to see that our weight loss doesn't just affect the number on the scale! I posted this in the general NSVs thread but I'll post them here too! I added some more while I was at it!

When I sit in a chair I find myself crossing my legs without even thinking about it! And I can sit like that for a while, unlike before, I could barely cross them and after 30 seconds it hurt to keep them crossed.

I actually have the following body parts (or at least now I'm 100% sure):

A neck!

A hip bone!

Collar bones!

A rib cage!

Also, the chairs in my classrooms are the chairs with an attached desk, which are not big people friendly by any means! Last year I could barely sit comfortably in them. Now I have plenty of room to move and I can even cross my legs under them!

My highest size ever was a 26 and 3x top and now I'm down to an 18 and 1x top! And....I actually bought an XL sweater from the Misses department!!!! I'm not quite an XL in tops yet, but this one fit, so who cares, it wasn't a plus size!:lol::w00t::w00t: And apparently, my feet shrunk too! I've been a size 11 since I was 14 and now all my shoes are big on me. I think I'm a 10.5 now, which is kind of an annoying size to find, but I did just buy a size 10 yesterday!

I also don't get out of breath going up the stairs. I can walk briskly and talk at the same time without getting out of breath. I ran for 15 min :cool2::ohmy: on 4.5mph! When I started exercising in August I could barely jog at 3.5 mph for more than 15 seconds without getting out of breath. Now I have so much energy.

I had to move the driver's seat closer to the steering wheel.

I'm hoping to go on vacation this summer and I'm not scared to sit in the seats on the airplane. I'm actually looking forwards to seeing how tightly I can pull the seatbelt (instead of worrying that it won't fit), how much room I will have in between me and the tray (now that I'll actually be able to lower the tray table), and how much room I'll have between me and the person next to me (instead of feeling bad that I'm squishing them)

And my BMI is below 35 now, which means I officially don't qualify for insurance covered surgery anymore! WAHOO!

K guys, I wanna hear more NSVs! Keep 'em coming! Each one counts, no matter how small. Look for them, acknowledge them, be proud of them!! Write them down and pull 'em out when you're having a bad day and when the scale doesn't say what you want it to say!:eek::thumbup:

Well mine was a great pair a pants I hadn't worn in 4 years - they fit perfectly now. I also can't wait to see how my summer clothes fit!

My wedding rings are really loose! Not loose enough to fall off yet, but I find I have to pay attention to them more if they are in Water, and take them off when giving the kids a bath.

also, my husband said the other night while we were cuddling it was like holding onto a different person. I have (only) lost 22lbs. The NSV's are what keep me going.

well my NSV today is that I am FINALLY wearing my Levi jeans that have been hanging in my closet for 3 years!!! Last week, I tried to put them on and couldn't get them over my hips. Had my first fill 2/28 and dropped 3 pounds to enter ONEDERLAND...and fit into my favorite jeans!!! So happy I could cry!!

well my NSV today is that I am FINALLY wearing my Levi jeans that have been hanging in my closet for 3 years!!! Last week, I tried to put them on and couldn't get them over my hips. Had my first fill 2/28 and dropped 3 pounds to enter ONEDERLAND...and fit into my favorite jeans!!! So happy I could cry!!

That's fantastic!!!! Congrats on ONEDERLAND! *big hug*

Great job everyone! Red, I could totally relate to your post, everything that you mentioned about fitting into seats and seatbelts on the plane! That is SO ME! I went on vacation about a month before my surgery to LA to visit my sister and I couldn't even fasten the seatbelt without an extender and thank goodness my husband was next to me so I didn't intrude on a stranger's space!

The thing I kept telling myself the whole time was, "this is it, this is the last time I am going to EVER have this problem!".

So far my only realized NSV is that my clothes seem to be growing! Pants and sleeves seem to be getting longer! No new size yet, but my 28s were starting to get tight before surgery so I think it will be a couple more months before I will be ready for new stuff, and, like many others, I have a closet full of work clothes I love, but can't wear so I am looking forward to awakening some "new" outfits!

Great job to everyone, I can't wait to read more!

So far my only realized NSV is that my clothes seem to be growing! Pants and sleeves seem to be getting longer! No new size yet, but my 28s were starting to get tight before surgery so I think it will be a couple more months before I will be ready for new stuff, and, like many others, I have a closet full of work clothes I love, but can't wear so I am looking forward to awakening some "new" outfits!

Great job to everyone, I can't wait to read more!

WTG AlisaH! Before you know it, you'll be in 26s! Shopping in your closet for a smaller size is fun, and a lot cheaper than buying new clothes!

This may seem silly, but I was able to zip up my snow boots myself this morning. I didn't need one of my kids to do it for me.:thumbdown: I just bent over and did it myself. :rolleyes:

~Amy

My first noticed non scale victory could have been really bad!! After washing my hands at work last night, I used a paper towel to dry them and tossed it in the trash. Luckily I glanced down to notice my wedding ring laying in the paper towel. It just slid right off without me noticing! While I am glad that I didn't lose my wedding ring it was a really good feeling that I have lost enough weight where they come off so easily. It used to be so tight I could barely take it off! I guess I will be heading down to get it resized!