Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

getting banded on March 19th

The Isopure zero carb that I like best is the pineapple orange banana. It is so yummy! I pretty much like them all so far. Some of them taste like an otter pop. I bought them buy he case and I have a GNV card so the price came down a bit

Hi, Marchbandsters...

Okay, so I start the liquid diet tomorrow...gulp, and I am about to babble just a bit, so I hope no one minds... :smile2:

My doctor's office recommends using the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury powder, I see that you can order it online, but has anyone found it in stores? I may just use the Atkins advantage drinks or powder and the Isopure drinks sound good too... Also, I have a dinner tomorrow night and I was thinking of just ordering a broth type Soup.... I hope that won't make a big difference. Actually my doctor really only asks patients to do the liquid diet for 7 days prior to surgery and for some patients he might ask them to start 2 weeks prior. Although no one brought up from my doc's office, I was the one who brought it up... As I was confirming everything for surgery, I threw in..."so, should I start the liquid diet a week or two before my surgery?" The patient coordinator, said, yes, why don't you go ahead and start two-weeks before... I sometimes wish I could stop talking so much...scheesh. :biggrin: Wish me luck.

Hi Lattedah,

It's interesting to see what you're going through since I hope to be in that boat shortly and we're sharing the good doctor... I didn't know they recommended unjury, but it just so happens I've been using it. I bought some samples on their website ($1.50 each I think) and here's my take: I like my oatmeal/soup/whatever very hot, and that doesn't work well with Protein powder (it clumps), so I won't use it there. I tried the unflavored in some sf/ff pudding, and wasn't thrilled, but the vanilla worked ok in there. For Protein shakes, the chocolate is really pretty good blended with milk, a little ice, and a little bit of sugar-free Syrup (like DaVinci's chocolate or Kahlua flavor). So good, in fact, my 8-y.o. son likes to share it!

I've been having a shake for Breakfast every day, working my way up to the liquid diet. I, however, armed with the knowledge of your experience, will be sure not to bring up the diet too early in the game. Surely one week is sufficient! :biggrin:

Hi, Marchbandsters...

Okay, so I start the liquid diet tomorrow...gulp, and I am about to babble just a bit, so I hope no one minds... :tt1:

My doctor's office recommends using the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury powder, I see that you can order it online, but has anyone found it in stores? I may just use the Atkins advantage drinks or powder and the Isopure drinks sound good too... Also, I have a dinner tomorrow night and I was thinking of just ordering a broth type Soup.... I hope that won't make a big difference. Actually my doctor really only asks patients to do the liquid diet for 7 days prior to surgery and for some patients he might ask them to start 2 weeks prior. Although no one brought up from my doc's office, I was the one who brought it up... As I was confirming everything for surgery, I threw in..."so, should I start the liquid diet a week or two before my surgery?" The patient coordinator, said, yes, why don't you go ahead and start two-weeks before... I sometimes wish I could stop talking so much...scheesh. :lol: Wish me luck.

Consider yourself lucky... I have to do the liquid pre-op diet for 3 weeks, because I have a high Triglyceride level and it will minimize the bleeding during surgery.:biggrin: All you can do is make the best of it and start sampling protien drinks as soon as you can to find something that will work for you.:smile2:

Hi, Chica... Yes, glad to pave the pathway of what to do and not to do. LOL... Actually, it's probably for the best... I was just sorta un-prepared and didn't order any unjury... Dr. Pinnar's office also said I could use the Atkins Protein drinks too... but I will try to yummy sounding chocolate mixture you and your son recommended. :biggrin:

Also, they told me to buy Hood milk which can be purchased at Harris Teeter... (vanilla and chocolate) are supposed to be delicious and less carbs and mix well with the Unjury.

Can't wait to hear about your progress... we'll compare notes.

Bye for now.

you're right, yourown... It's all for our health, right? Good luck on the 3 week liquid diet. :biggrin:

I finally FINALLY got approval and a date. March 18 is the day. I start liquids Monday 3/3. Not looking forward to it, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I warned everyone at work I will be mean and ugly because I am hungry so if they are smart, they will leave me be. I have some Unjury samples I haven't tried yet, plus some nectar samples. My sister (who had RNY about 2 years ago) gave me part of a jar of Permalean, and I bought Atkins Advantage and EAS Advantage at Target. Trader Joe's if you have one in your area, carries Worldwide sports Protein Shakes in cans. One has 23g and the other 35g Protein. On their website it is only promoted as a sport supplement, but someone on LBT had a link to Brigham Womens Hospital bariatric program, and Worldwide is on their list of Protein Drinks to use. My frig is full of Water, protein drinks and sugar free Jello. In my freezer I have sugar free popsicles. So I think I am ready. I have to check with the dietician to see how much constitutes a meal, otherwise a Protein Shake and 10 popsicles might be on the menu. The jello and popsicles are on my liquid diet list. I can have fruit juice too, diluted 50% with water. I have already started giving my stomach pep talks. We WILL get through this!

I am new also. I have a surgery date of March 11th in Tennessee. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I have always had a problem with feeling full...i so I hope this works. :smile2:

you're right, yourown... It's all for our health, right? Good luck on the 3 week liquid diet. :tongue2:

Thanks... I'm trying to look at it like all the weight that I am losing will not be coming back after I get banded, so I'm jump starting my weight loss.:smile2:

Hi! It's great to see another Tennessean on here! My surgery is scheduled for March 17, with Dr. Charles Morton at Baptist Hospital in Nashville. Who is your doctor? What part of Tennessee?

Hello Marchbandsters,

I am getting banded on March 14th! I start my pre-op diet the day after tomorrow. But in my case it does not have to be liquid... I am so glad because I do not tolerate creamy or milky textures very well... that is why I am thinking about the Isopure for my post-op diet. I bought one and it wasn't bad... also so far they are at a better price at GNC and bestpricenutrition.com.

I am so glad we are so manny Marchers... we can all support each other!

The Isopure zero carb that I like best is the pineapple orange banana. It is so yummy! I pretty much like them all so far. Some of them taste like an otter pop. I bought them buy he case and I have a GNV card so the price came down a bit

I'll have to try that flavor next... I'm drinking Alpine Punch now and it is definately not my favorite. I just ordered a chocolate flavored Protein shake off the internet yesterday called Hank's Finest Protein Milkshake... I will let you know if it really tastes like Nestle's or a Godiva milkshake like they say it does.:smile2: